Klopp to leave Liverpool at the end of the season

Alpha 1

My advice to Liverpool is to go for Slippy G. He did very well at Rangers.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Mourinho isn't really likeable at any point. You stomach him and his negative football if he is getting results at the beginning of his term for your club. Professional at laying blame even on his own players, and a bit of a narcissist. His brand of football quickly got outdated I feel as well, thankfully.

Reactions: Fortitude

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And Sir Alex already won in the oil period. Won against Chelsea and City.
Yep.
Plus allow him to break the world record transfer fee for 2 positions in 1 summer like Klopp did with Allison and Van D and he's have competed that's for sure.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The answer is obvious.
Bring King Kenny back for another spell. Think of the T Shirt sales!

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
What about Jamie Carragher, he would have the support salivating at his loyalty to the cause

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
No...nooo I couldn't take that, depriving you all of his managerial pedigree. You take him, I insist
We've had a long chat and decided that it's best if you take him. We're devastated, of course, but we don't want to slow down is rapid rise to greatness.

We're going to go for this weird dentist turned coach named Kurgen Jlopp, or something like that. It's risky but he might turn out to be as good as Ole, hopefully.

RedRocket9908

Yep.
Plus allow him to break the world record transfer fee for 2 positions in 1 summer like Klopp did with Allison and Van D and he's have competed that's for sure.
Van Dijk wasnt signed in the summer was he, didnt they have to back out of signing him then try again in the following January after getting caught tapping him up?

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Can’t say I’m gutted at the Alonso news. The stars seemed to be aligning somewhat for this massive fairytale Klopp finish, last minute winners in the league, cup finals etc, it just seemed momentum was with them. Even the fact that Alonso seemed to be falling into place at the perfect time they are looking for a manager, Sky, the media, Liverpool fans were all caught in the hype.

However, the last few weeks has at least seen momentum stalled somewhat. Drawing with City in a game the probably deserved to win, losing to Utd, now the Alonso decision. Anything the penetrates through that air of inevitability that seemed to have engulf them is good for me.

bosskeano

Big blow for them that Alonso has decided to stay at Bayer thru the end of 2025.....looks like De Zerbi might be the main guy of interest now

Alonso is waiting for the Madrid job to open when the Godfather leaves in 2025

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Van Dijk wasnt signed in the summer was he, didnt they have to back out of signing him then try again in the following January after getting caught tapping him up?
You're right and I'm surprised to see it was actually Van Dijk first, in Jan 2018, and the keeper summer 2018

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can’t say I’m gutted at the Alonso news. The stars seemed to be aligning somewhat for this massive fairytale Klopp finish, last minute winners in the league, cup finals etc, it just seemed momentum was with them. Even the fact that Alonso seemed to be falling into place at the perfect time they are looking for a manager, Sky, the media, Liverpool fans were all caught in the hype.

However, the last few weeks has at least seen momentum stalled somewhat. Drawing with City in a game the probably deserved to win, losing to Utd, now the Alonso decision. Anything the penetrates through that air of inevitability that seemed to have engulf them is good for me.
Of course you're not, :lol: Alonso, a potential star manager in the making going there would have been a disaster.

He's obviously a smart cookie though and going there would have had the potential for a big let down.

GoldanoGraham

Can’t wait for the Liverpool drop off next season…..those deluded scousers think all will be the same….

whitbyviking

If their veterans have one more season in them then there is a horrible chance the vibes of Slippy G coming in as manager could work for a year, which would probably be the most terrifying outcome from this whole thing. We would never hear the end of this

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If their veterans have one more season in them then there is a horrible chance the vibes of Slippy G coming in as manager could work for a year, which would probably be the most terrifying outcome from this whole thing. We would never hear the end of this
There's no way in hell SG will succeed for them. I dare say every fan of everyone else would relish seeing him Shearer them up.

Shark

@NotShark
Another Kenny Danglish season on the cards for these cnuts. It'll be absolutely beautiful.

RedRocket9908

There's no way in hell SG will succeed for them. I dare say every fan of everyone else would relish seeing him Shearer them up.
I dont know about that, according to some Liverpool fans Stevie's a top manager and his single league title win with Rangers (which was won in a season where Celtic fell apart and was his only trophy in 3 seasons) was a big achievement and a much bigger achievement than Ole winning to Norwegen League in each of his first 2 seasons after taking charge of a Molde side that had just sacked Uwe Rosler after avoiding relegation by the skin of their teath.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I dont know about that, according to some Liverpool fans Stevie's a top manager and his single league title win with Rangers (which was won in a season where Celtic fell apart and was his only trophy in 3 seasons) was a big achievement and a much bigger achievement than Ole winning to Norwegen League in each of his first 2 seasons after taking charge of a Molde side that had just sacked Uwe Rosler after avoiding relegation by the skin of their teath.
That was the fan of everyone else bit.
Clearly Liverpool fans are a law unto themselves.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
I'd carry Gerrard on my back from Saudi to be their next manager if there was a sniff of them being stupid enough to do it. Sadly they all know he's shite. He would crash and burn spectacularly.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
This will be hilarious if it turns into a Gerrard v Southgate contest
That would be ideal for us looking to see Pool go down a peg. I dont think they are silly enough to go this route. Pool from what I see, seem to be a well run club at the moment.

Still, it's been a disappointing stretch here though, a bit on and off the field.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
It wasn’t just the title win at Rangers that Gerrrard done well at Rangers (their first and only title in nearly 15 years), it was the fact he had made them respectful in Europe, getting them into and through group stages in the Europa League was probably more important to Rangers at the time than a league cup win or the like given the reputation repair, the revenue and co efficient points that the club and country earned, given many Celtic managers have had a clear shot and doing so in that time and failed miserably.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
That was the fan of everyone else bit.
Clearly Liverpool fans are a law unto themselves.
Maybe the sentiment in Liverpool itself is different but I’ve barely seen anyone online who thinks he’s a top manager, let alone should be our new manager.

It’s never going to happen and it’s the best for both parties. He doesn’t ruin his legacy, we don’t turn into a midtable team again. Although I don’t have particularly high hopes if De Zerbi is the appointment; really don’t want him either.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
All the drums beating are saying it is going to be Amorim. Joyce even did a profile on him

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
All the drums beating are saying it is going to be Amorim. Joyce even did a profile on him
Yeah a lot of smoke around him now. De Zerbi seems unlikely and there isn't anyone else that I see Edwards going for.

I'm of the mindset that if we were to finish 6th-8th for a season or two but I can see what the manager is trying to do on the pitch, I'll be good with it and show some patience. If it's Hodgson levels then, well yeah.

That being said, this squad is better than 6th-8th imo. We need a couple of additions and if Salah goes it'll be a blow, but I think it's good enough for top four. We need less work than the likes of United and Chelsea, and we're better than Villa and Spurs.