Klopp to leave Liverpool at the end of the season

thisisnottaken1

The point is they don't. You simply cannot say he's a PL great because he won the premier league ONCE. That's absolutely ridiculous. You say people are downplaying his achievements - no, posters like you are OVERPLAYING them. He only achieved one title win, no other manager is being put up on this ridiculous pedestal because of a single title win, that is the grand sum of his achievements, coming second 3 times is not an achievement. It's purely because he's this cartoon personality and the liverpool manager that the scouse obsession and usual blowing any of the smallest things they do into epic proportions comes into play that he somehow becomes a PL great.

Hell he didn't even push city every year.

His league standings were: 8th, 4th, 4th, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 5th.

Premier league great? Laughable.
He finished 2nd behind them twice. You’ve put in an extra 2nd place finish there.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
It should be 8th, 4th, 4th, 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 2nd, 5th
Average position is 3.6th on the table over a course of 8 years. :lol: all time best manager it seems. And don't forget, this is their golden period. Winning a 1 Epl, a FA cup and a CL. A feat fergie did within 10 days, i think in 1999. Somehow they are at the same level it seems. Can you just ban this guys.

alexthelion

I don’t know. I believe if he had come and took over united at the same time Klopp came in and took over Liverpool nothing would be different in terms of success. The oil state club has only gotten stronger. Also the players on united since 2015 aren’t good enought to beat City let alone Liverpool. I don’t think any coach could have done any better than Klopp in these last 8 years considering the elepant in the room that is City. I think it’s a legit opinion.
That's why Liverpool have finished ahead of United every season he's been there.

Oh wait, they haven't :lol:

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool are now on a more sure footing than when Klopp arrived. The training facilities, stadium, background staff and playing staff are all far and away better then they were just a few years back - I'm not saying that it is all down to him (savvy owners help), but ultimately he made everyone at the club believe again and this has been reflected in the way that the club is now operating. Admittedly, an extra PL or CL would be nice but we are currently among the top 5 or 6 teams in Europe in my opinion and have been for a long while, something unimaginable a decade ago.

I can only equate it to someone coming into United, after the inconsistent dross that you've endured since Fergie left, and completely changing the expectations of the fans, playing an exciting brand of football and getting you all looking forward to the odd trophy. That's why we're gutted that he's going and will overlook the poorer PL finishes, due to the things that happened in-between.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

They’ve been acting a right numpty for a while now.
Yep. That wumming warning was long overdue. The fact that he hadn't received any warnings up until then is mad considering some of the childish baiting he's been posting recently - see below.
Look at the posts on here for the last 5 or so years. City are your second team to a lot.
But united on their way back? Please, your new main rivals are the West Hams and Wolves of the world.

Fridge chutney

Because City’s spending from 2008-2015 was around 850 milliion. When 2015/16 rolled around till now they have spent over 1.5 billion when oil really kicked in along with the arrival of Pep. Big difference. No one can compete with that but somehow Klopp did. The facts don’t matter though apparently so I’ll leave it at that.
Oh you were being serious. That's kinda sad.

Eplel

Can we stop the Klopp/SAF comparison now? It's not even funny.

Klopp is close to Ole and Ten Hag than he is to SAF.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I really don't want De Zerbi. I think he'd fail miserably at a club with higher expectations.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Screams disaster doesn't it. Like Potter or Southgate for us.
Definitely. Had a nice purple patch last season and now he's dropped off completely. Flavour of the month manager.
Southgate :drool:
No...nooo I couldn't take that, depriving you all of his managerial pedigree. You take him, I insist.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I think the club already has their man picked and lined up. I doubt they had all of their eggs in the Alonso basket.

Still, I wanted Alonso so I'm disappointed.
I wanted him too. But what's the longest a manager stays at Madrid? If Amorim or, God forbid, Zerbi isn't doing it by 2027 and Alonso hasn't won two CLs on the trot then he'll be begging us for the job.

This way Madrid can act as our guinea pig to ascertain if he can handle big club pressure.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I wanted him too. But what's the longest a manager stays at Madrid? If Amorim or, God forbid, Zerbi isn't doing it by 2027 and Alonso hasn't won two CLs on the trot then he'll be begging us for the job.

This way Madrid can act as our guinea pig to ascertain if he can handle big club pressure.
:lol: flawless logic. I'm sure you would have much rather Klopp had gone from Dortmund to Real Madrid for a few years so they could act as your gineau pig.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
:lol: flawless logic. I'm sure you would have much rather Klopp had gone from Dortmund to Real Madrid for a few years so they could act as your gineau pig.
To be fair to him Klopp had a decade of top level experience, had won two titles in a row, a domestic double, broken the BL points record and reached a CL final.

After this season Alonso in the very optimistic best case has won the small treble, broken the BL points record and just 18 months of top level experience. The still possible scenario is winning nothing which would be the most epic derailing a season in German football has ever seen. More experience won't hurt and he is still a young manager, he will get many chances to come to Liverpool in the next decades if he continues as expected.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Klopp waa pretty established before he got to Pool. It wasn't much of a gamble. Alonso looks good but it's still early going. Problem is they need someone now, and missing out on Alonso is probably another set-back. Who are they realistically going to get who could be at the Klopp level?

croadyman

Klopp waa pretty established before he got to Pool. It wasn't much of a gamble. Alonso looks good but it's still early going. Problem is they need someone now, and missing out on Alonso is probably another set-back. Who are they realistically going to get who could be at the Klopp level?
Nagelsmann now probably

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Klopp was established in Germany but after the pain of Rodgers and Dalglish MkII, I won't lie and say I was excited by Klopp. I'm glad I was wrong about him in so many ways obviously.

Now we're back to choosing from the Rodgers level market. There just isn't another Pep or Klopp. Until there is one. It's a wait and see game. Arteta for example is now proving he could become an elite manager if his progress continues.

croadyman

Klopp was established in Germany but after the pain of Rodgers and Dalglish MkII, I won't lie and say I was excited by Klopp. I'm glad I was wrong about him in so many ways obviously.

Now we're back to choosing from the Rodgers level market. There just isn't another Pep or Klopp. Until there is one. It's a wait and see game. Arteta for example is now proving he could become an elite manager if his progress continues.
You shouldn't worry because are much better run than us plus getting Edwards back is important as well

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

You hit lottery with Klopp, now you will back to other club's level.

Won't be surprised if lot of players suddenly looks level below.

whitbyviking

Some of the Liverpool fans in here have really exposed themselves, it’s been quite a laugh reading back the past couple of months after the youngest woke me at 3:30am.

My personal favourite has been claiming Sir Alex wouldn’t have been mentally strong enough to manage during the “oil club” period. Absolutely hilarious.

Got me thinking though, especially when somebody else posted about klopp being happy to come second to city and effectively crawling up Pep’s arse. I think this is actually a good point. Klopp always has his excuses baked in early; Pep, money, fixtures, injuries etc and without that I think he’d be long gone from the league, his many meltdowns show that despite being a fantastic coach he wouldn’t have survived the mind games of prime Sir Alex or Jose, he’d have folded like a cheap suit. To claim Sir Alex wouldn’t have been mentally strong enough is absolutely hilarious, he dealt with far more than klopp in his career and to be quite honest it was his mentality more than his tactical knowledge that made him one of the greatest.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal

I feel you are going down that road where you are shoehorning and grooming someone into the seat. No doubt the expected standard for the new manager will be very high, it may be something that scared off Alonso...in a way Real is easier. You can do one year or two there, take your experience from it and off. Either way, that gig is probably not a long term one.

Arteta at least had Emery in between and years of mediocrity coming in so there was considerably less pressure on him.

Watch for Alonso coming in next year or the year after if the experiment fails, assuming his managerial career doesnt derail in the meantime.