Klopp's at the wheel | PL winners 2019/20

El Zoido

It’ll make their capitulation that bit sweeter...they’ll feck it up somehow.
Not this time. There’s no good opposition, who is going to challenge them? City and Liverpool might as well be in a league of their own considering how much better than everyone else they are, and City are struggling this season already. We’re crap, Spurs are crap, Chelsea are good but not great, Arsenal are Arsenal. It’s absolutely done. Make peace with it. It was going to happen eventually, I’m just glad it didn’t happen on our watch.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Been saying this for a while too. It's a horrible thought.
Can see Klopp and Pep sharing the next 5-6 to be honest. Although I see Pep winning a greater share. Hopefully Livepool implode before any such run.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It was on the cards that City would keep dropping points this season and make it easy for Liverpool but that’s not to take anything away from Liverpool’s form. After everything City have done, it might be annoying/horrifying that Liverpool are now legitimately the best team in the land but it’s also undeniably impressive.

fergies coat

We seem to get injuries to our key players all the time. They seem to be able to field the same eleven week in week out.

Klopp was always the man to get for United. It was obvious from his Dortmund days.

Oh well it will hurt but at least there a proper football club I suppose.

jackal&hyde

We'll give them their first defeat of the season and then they will crumble :keano::wenger:

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
Unlike last season where they should have been around 90 points and were the clearly inferior league side, they genuinely look like the best team in England currently. Very impressive considering the difference in squad quality between the two sides.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Sometimes you get lucky and I feel Liverpool have had a lot of that in the last year.

Heinzesight

Not this time. There’s no good opposition, who is going to challenge them? City and Liverpool might as well be in a league of their own considering how much better than everyone else they are, and City are struggling this season already. We’re crap, Spurs are crap, Chelsea are good but not great, Arsenal are Arsenal. It’s absolutely done. Make peace with it. It was going to happen eventually, I’m just glad it didn’t happen on our watch.
Totally get you but let’s just see what happens once they have a few poor results and they will. A few injuries, a hammy for Mane. They are now expected to win it. You never know. I’m clutching at straws although I’ve made my peace with it and they would deserve it but I fecking hate Scousers.

Okey

Yep. Looks like is written in the stars. Good thing is we'll have a long time to come to terms with it. Or is that even a good thing? I might just end up hating football the way things are going. Hoping for at least a little happiness in 2 hour's time.

Judas

Open to offers
At least we've got months to get used to the fact it's their year, can't see City catching them, everything points to Liverpool finally winning it. It's fecking grim, but it had to happen eventually.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
They¨ve had some really scrappy three pointers, but that is usually the sign of champions

Must say i am surprised over how poor City have been though
Walker Otamendi Fernandinho Zinch. Yeah no one really saw that coming. :wenger:

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Can’t believe Mane didn’t flop half way through the season too

Denis79

Going to bet on them, I never win so that should remedy the problem.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
We deserve this. Fair play to them, look at what they’ve done since they sacked Hodgson. Vision goes such a long way. Bumps along the road sure, but that’s always going to happen.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
We deserve this. Fair play to them, look at what they’ve done since they sacked Hodgson. Vision goes such a long way. Bumps along the road sure, but that’s always going to happen.
They got lucky in getting rid of FSG and having new owners come in that give a shit. It's amazing that we are now in the exact same situation they were in, if not worse now.

Red00012

Congrats on never having a player injured.

We should invite them to carrington and let them train prior to Sunday week.

Sterling Archer

The poetic justice is that Klopp turned us down because he was pitched managing Disneyland by our very own chief executive.

Between our own miserable seasons and Liverpool's ascent, am I over the top in saying it's all Woodward's fault?

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
They got lucky in getting rid of FSG and having new owners come in that give a shit. It's amazing that we are now in the exact same situation they were in, if not worse now.
So FSG didn’t give a shit? Looks like you’ve done your homework. FSG right?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I have faith in their ability to cock it up.
Time to revive the Scouse boom bust cycle.
Or much more likely is that with last years experience and confidence from winning ECL, they will make it over the line, this time around.

It’s virtally unprecedented to win the EPL without coming 2nd or 3rd the previous season.

Added to that are City’s issues in defence and difficulty in maintaining motivation.

I’m very confident Liverpool have the motivation, experience and quality to do it this year. Very hard to dislike them too, except for tribal and historical reasons.

riis

Supports
Liverpool
FSG are still the owners of LFC and have been largely excellent. You might be thinking of the previews owners, George Gillett and Tom Hicks? I wouldn't really say you're in the exact same situation though. We were in the bottom 3 after 7 games and risking having to go into administration when FSG bought the club. If the situation wasn't as bad as it was, at least financially, the previous owners might not have been forced to sell at all.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
Been doing that all season, along with betting against United. About £600 up so far, may as well capitalise on our misery.
How much have you been putting in, especially for our games? I think our odds are pretty short so you can't have been winning much?

Bulldog United

How much have you been putting in, especially for our games? I think our odds are pretty short so you can't have been winning much?
Yes Liverpool odds are very short for most games atm. 1/7 on etc. I think something like 1/3 against Leicester on Saturday. Most likely the bulk of his profits have come from betting against us, because we're still priced as expected to win most weekends - even though we often fail to do so.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Fecking annoying how well run they are. I can't see them fecking up this year as I reckon City will concentrate on CL so they become famous outside Manchester.

Eric7C

FSG are still the owners of LFC and have been largely excellent. You might be thinking of the previews owners, George Gillett and Tom Hicks? I wouldn't really say you're in the exact same situation though. We were in the bottom 3 after 7 games and risking having to go into administration when FSG bought the club. If the situation wasn't as bad as it was, at least financially, the previous owners might not have been forced to sell at all.
It'll probably require something as drastic at United for the board to wake up.

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
:lol::lol::lol:
Guys - there are 30 games left!! Of course Liverpool is firmly in the drivers seat right now but anything can happen. Liverpool let go of a 7 points lead last season with 20 games to go. So.. although the 7 point lead lasted just 1 game week as the next match was against City which they won to cut down the lead to 4 points.
Anyway - a lot hinges on the H2H with City I feel.
Also, 2 out of our last 3 games are against Chelsea and Liverpool. A 4-5 point lead with 3 games to go can still become nervous af!

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
Yes Liverpool odds are very short for most games atm. 1/7 on etc. I think something like 1/3 against Leicester on Saturday. Most likely the bulk of his profits have come from betting against us, because we're still priced as expected to win most weekends - even though we often fail to do so.
Well, at least he's getting a fair chunk of winnings. 600 quid is pretty decent money.

:lol::lol::lol:
Guys - there are 30 games left!! Of course Liverpool is firmly in the drivers seat right now but anything can happen. Liverpool let go of a 7 points lead last season with 20 games to go. So.. although the 7 point lead lasted just 1 game week as the next match was against City which they won to cut down the lead to 4 points.
Anyway - a lot hinges on the H2H with City I feel.
Also, 2 out of our last 3 games are against Chelsea and Liverpool. A 4-5 point lead with 3 games to go can still become nervous af!
This is their jinx thread, just let them enjoy it. I haven't watched their matches but if it's worse than LVG's as described by some I'd need an outlet too.

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
This is their jinx thread, just let them enjoy it. I haven't watched their matches but if it's worse than LVG's as described by some I'd need an outlet too.
Ahh, fair enough then.

Thing is, 30 games is a long long stretch for things to change completely. I remember in the Aguerooo season - United had a 5 point lead with 4 games to go and managed to give the league away.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Started with a tenner and slowly been building it. I won most my money on you when you went 1-0 down to Newcastle (went all in then) and the away game at Chelsea. I don't bet on your away CL games but probably will when you get to the knockouts. United have bagged me the most though, unfortunately. Although yesterday I had Arsenal, Chelsea, Wolves and Newcastle. Would have been £189 off a quid but bottled it and cashed some out. Still worked out at £107 off 48p! Sometimes you just have to make the most of a really bad situation! :lol:

I'll probably bet the lot on you at Old Trafford so I'm 1% less pissed off when I come out the ground. Odds should be fairly decent for that even though you're obviously outright favourites in reality.

Edit: Just checked the odds and you're 4/5 on! At Old Trafford! Jesus, we really are shit!

Zoo

How is he allowed to rant and rave at the 4th official for so many minutes? Oh right, he’s a character.

Red Stone

Phenomenal manager, complete wanker of a man. Isn't this what opposition fans felt about SAF? Surely he wasn't this much of a cnut in their eyes?