2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Amidst the shit of this season, Mainoo and Garnacho are gems for the future and we should just focus on developing them well. Don't run them into the ground, don't ruin then, don't change their roles.
100%

Both of them are real talent. Especially Mainoo, because in addition to talent he seems to have wisdom and game intelligence way beyond his age

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Has he been removed from the reserves now or is he still in their squad?

Just trying to think whether he’s been used rarely for the first team because there is an agreement in place to still feature in the reserves?

Just trying to work out why he isnt playing more.
There will never be any agreement which gives any significance to the needs of the reserve team over the first team.

Socratic

Impressed by Mainoo’s cameo last night.
Good positioning and moved the ball on quickly and forwards when he got it.

Bwuk

I'd be tempted to let him sit out the inevitable Liverpool pumping, but after that I'd be starting him every game.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'd be tempted to let him sit out the inevitable Liverpool pumping, but after that I'd be starting him every game.
His composure and ability to keep the ball might be really important vs Liverpool.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Impressed by Mainoo’s cameo last night.
Good positioning and moved the ball on quickly and forwards when he got it.
And threw in a couple of chunky tackles. Not nasty, not “yay, look at me”, just made them and calmly got up and carried on.

Watched for two years. You never know for sure how teens will turn out but it’s ages since I was so excited about a young player and so sure they’d make it.

Ability and maturity.. rare at that age.

Ekeke

Thought he'd get more gametime, gave ETH the benefit of the doubt like his longer cameo against Gala. Not so, game was already done when he came on for the last bit. Annoying

Gordon Godot

Thought he'd get more gametime, gave ETH the benefit of the doubt like his longer cameo against Gala. Not so, game was already done when he came on for the last bit. Annoying
He again looked calm and assured. needs to be given a lot more opportunities over rest of season

The Purley King

Should be first name on the team sheet in midfield.
Can't understand for the life of me why he didn't start last night. Probably wouldn't have made too much of a difference, but he gives an element of control in there that McTom, Amrabat and Bruno certainly do not.

FerociousCorgis

Should be first name on the team sheet in midfield.
Can't understand for the life of me why he didn't start last night. Probably wouldn't have made too much of a difference, but he gives an element of control in there that McTom, Amrabat and Bruno certainly do not.
nah better to continually not have any semblance of control in midfield on the off chance that mctominay is in the box for a chance.

Ekeke

He again looked calm and assured. needs to be given a lot more opportunities over rest of season
Absolutely. He's pure quality with the ball and has shown ability to put his foot in, track back and take up handy positions helping the defence. He's one of those players, like I felt years ago the same with Gomes, that you just want the young player on the pitch getting involved and growing with confidence and influence with gametime. More physical obviously

dutchred

The team should be built around him. I would like to see him with Casemiro (and eventually Gore) with Mount ahead of them. Bruno has his moments but in between them makes a lot of suicidal passes which leads to counters.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Is he slow? Looks nimby in the first few yards but doesn't seem to have the extra gear. Not worried though, just interesting if he's fully fit.

Anyway, we're getting nothing against Liverpool so I would rather he just sits this one out (maybe a cameo), but from then he is the first name on the team sheet, even if ETH insists on one man midfield.

Zed is not dead

As I said in the match thread yesterday, he looks like our only player that plays with a sense of anticipation and spatial awareness. And that’s a great thing, because that’s not something you can teach easily.

I must admit I’d never seen him play with our youth teams but every time he was on the pitch for the first team you feel he has a lot of potential, but more importantly he looks like a player with a brain.

I’m not too fussed about his game time, EtH is right to manage his minutes, especially with the run of games coming with the boxing day. Ankle injuries can be tricky if not managed properly, so it’s more important that he fully recovers before being a more regular feature in the team

foolsgold

Whilst I get the desire to protect him, I think he needs to start on Sunday for the good of the team and for himself.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If you look when he came on, he had some reasonably heavy bangaging on his knee. I know we are desperate for anyone else to play in midfield, but I think the club are doing the right thing not running him into the ground.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It was a hard game for him given Liverpool’s dominance of the ball but he played very well. Huge talent.

Idxomer

The future if the club and manager are interested in building a functional midfield.

twitter thread suggester
Get him in a possession team and he will be a star.

Make him chase the ball and he will fail.

L1nk

Our only midfielder on the pitch that could pass and keep the ball.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Top top talent. By far our best midfielder. Amrabat and McTominay tripping over themselves around him but he was class

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Only one in our XI who could play football.

Lacks a bit of pace but a tremendous talent otherwise.