View full 2023-24 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Get him in a possession team and he will be a star.

Make him chase the ball and he will fail.
He is quite good defensively but yes chase is the key word there as he struggles when he has to catch up to players.

His composure and decision making absolutely fantastic.

Alemar

Incredible experience for him. And a positive one as well. Blocked 5 shots I think

Ekeke

Fairly good performance in the hardest of circumstances. A few pieces of play that could have been better but overall he enhances his reputation

flameinthesun

The only midfielder on the ball with any quality. Hopefully as his confidence and experience grows as well pairing him with better midfielders he can start dominating games

Swedish_Plumber

He was at the heart of anything good going forward. Got to hope we manage to build a team worthy of getting the best out of him.

rajds89

Looked by far and away our most composed midfielder when on the ball and the most disciplined without. Kids got a very bright future that’s for sure.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Still lack a bit more agression from him but unfortunately that yellow took a bit of bit from his play. Still with a yellow looked composed enough not to get send off and on the ball too. however with McTominay in midfield and away at anfield being pressed its impossible to get any midfield chemistry. And Amrabat wasnt good either on the ball..

Amira

He is the only midfield player we have who has all the fundamentals. Always so assured on the ball. He needs far more game time.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It wasn't even an amazing performance by his standards, it was business as usual.
Amazing talent and should I say a really good midfielder already?

Rustyspider13

Fantastic tonight. Incredible composure throughout the match and a brilliant pass to set up Garnacho. He'll develop into a wonderful player if he keeps it up.

Superunknown

He is more than in with a shout for one of those two deeper midfield positions. A bit of a shame we don't have a second one of him or a player that instantly compliments him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was the only player who had composure, very difficult game for the entire team, so will take that result and his performance.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Fill the team with players of his ilk. Open your eyes, Manchester United. Press resistant players are the way to go.

Malone_Post

This kid just has it. I don’t know what ‘it’ is exactly, but he has it in abundance.

Build the midfield around him and find him some partners that can also pass and keep the ball.

BuzzKillington

Must be missing something because he doesn’t look slow to me. He kept up with Diaz on a counter and won the ball in the first half
I just remember Gravenberch going by him and seeming like he was going to carry on putting distance between them.

Anyway, I’m not trying to pull him down, Mainoo has been a rare bright point in a pretty miserable season. I just think we’ll need to find the right position for him where we maximise his strengths and negate any possible lack of pace. We’ve been asking for a deep lying playmaker who’s press resistant, I reckon he could be it.

Ekeke

I just remember Gravenberch going by him and seeming like he was going to carry on putting distance between them.

Anyway, I’m not trying to pull him down, Mainoo has been a rare bright point in a pretty miserable season. I just think we’ll need to find the right position for him where we maximise his strengths and negate any possible lack of pace. We’ve been asking for a deep lying playmaker who’s press resistant, I reckon he could be it.
Mainoo is quick, one of the main things. He's just fairly small

Someone

Something
Most composed player we have in midfield, and looks way really mature for his age. Shouldn't be dropped.

Bobski

Ton of ability to work with, maybe lacks top end athleticism at this stage but has excellent composure and bravery on the ball, and the one chance he got to play a penetrative pass he executed it perfectly. Will do for me.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Garnacho Should have scored from his pass.
The pass was a yard behind where it needed to be in fairness. A little bit further forward and Trent can’t stop Garnacho getting a shot off.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Very good again from Kobbie. This is what we want. We’re a top club and we should have midfielders who can take the ball on the biggest stages. One or two more like him and we’re in business.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Fill the team with players of his ilk. Open your eyes, Manchester United. Press resistant players are the way to go.

But yeah, Mainoo was quality, and the experience of scrapping for a point at Anfield has to do him some good.

If you didn't know which of our three alleged midfielders was the seasoned pro, you'd probably think it was Kobbie.

BarryWinks

I love him, but I also fear we might ruin him with our lack of play on the ball. I'd like to see us move to a more possession oriented style. I am absolutely sure he'd thrive. He has it!

BuzzKillington

Mainoo is quick, one of the main things. He's just fairly small
It’s hard for me to make a definitive judgement on it without seeing him more, but I thought he got left behind on a couple of occasions today.

But if you’ve watched him more, then fine and I hope so. Lacking pace isn’t a career killer though if you’re good enough in other ways, which Mainoo seems to be,

Walters_19_MuFc

Not bad. Never easy playing in those type of games, but he did well. On the ball, composed. Unlucky not to grab an assist, following a lovely pass to Garnacho. Made some nice tackles and blocks but did get bypassed easily at times. I guess that's something that will improve over time but I think his overall performance was promising.

I do want ten Hag to go back to a 4231 and play Mainoo in the De Jong role. Allow him to pick the ball up from deep and use his ability to drive with the ball and progressive passing to build our play.