2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Teja

I will fight anyone that criticizes him from now, what a fecking kid! Saw him in the Arsenal friendly and have been banging on about him ever since.

Just build the midfield around him for the next decade.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I will fight anyone that criticizes him from now, what a fecking kid! Saw him in the Arsenal friendly and have been banging on about him ever since.

Just build the midfield around him for the next decade.
You must be new to the rodeo. This is the Caf.

If he has a bad game, the first reaction is that he aint good enough. Then, if he has another, then we need to sell him.

If he has a third bad game within a season, why do we always do this? And play players who are good enough to wear the shirt?

Dion

His biggest weakness right now is he's being targeted in the air on set pieces. The very simple solution to this is to stop having him defend the central areas of the box against the opposition centerbacks and have him somewhere else. The fact that's his only obvious weakness at his age is pretty remarkable.

Ace Krampus

His biggest weakness right now is he's being targeted in the air on set pieces. The very simple solution to this is to stop having him defend the central areas of the box against the opposition centerbacks and have him somewhere else. The fact that's his only obvious weakness at his age is pretty remarkable.
Yeah that's an easy scheme fix that we keep uh... not doing for some reason

r0663664

Worships Man City
With Mainoo, Garnacho, and Hojlund there is a future in United. We need to promote 2-3 more from within to make up the spine of this team in the next few years. Buying players has been a disaster since Alex left, look at how many flops we bought for big money: Sanchez, Sancho, Antony, Martial, VDB, and many others.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I think he can play just a little more forward, his composure and eye for a pass will help us to unlock a defense as well as chipping in a couple of goals here and there. Casemiro should be the anchor of this team and Mainoo to push up, he has scored 2 goals in the last few games. He is our 50 million-rated youth prospect and he will only get better. By the time he is 25/26, he will be a monster in midfield. He doesn't look out of place in a City. Barcelona and Real team. I would not be surprised if Real wants him in a few years.

L1nk

We should expect that in some matches he will still be off it because he's young and we should expect inconsistency in that regard, so I hope people don't jump on his back when it happens. But my god this kid has something about him doesn't he? The composure and quiet confidence he has on the pitch at his young age is something you normally only see in seasoned professionals, you'd think he'd been in that United midfield for like 10 years. If he carries on putting in great performances for the rest of the season then he has to be a mainstay in the team, meaning we should replace Casemiro (I think he's slow and on the wind down now) and hopefully McTominay (not good enough as an actual midfielder) with better midfielders but keep Mainoo in and around the new look midfield, if all goes well we should start to think about building the team around the likes of him, Garnacho and Hojlund. It's an exciting time to see some of these younger players stepping up to the mark

jem

There’s been a few utter bellends in this thread who value their own opinions over that of an 18 year old red. Mainoo is utterly fantastic. A true United academy player. Well done young man.
They value their opinions over Mainoo’s opinion? What’s Kobbie saying?

bobglory

Gonna have to name my first born Kobbie after that.

Was surrounded by ABUs in the pub and several of them celebrated Wolves' equaliser like it was their own team. So naturally I went berserk when Mainoo scored. Got so many dirty looks.

Thank you Kobbie for changing my night from a 3/10 to an 8/10.
9 all day

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I haven't purchased United shirt in last couple years, partly because Glazers, but mostly because I haven't been excited by any of our players in a long time

I just ordered Mainoo shirt. This kid! This kid is so special! I really hope we see a lot of him and we build a club he deserves to be part of so we dont lose him to fecking Real Madrid or something

OverratedOpinion

Getting old and seeing young players come through like this is interesting. You probably don't feel the same type of adoration and hero worship but you feel a sense of pride.

I'm extremely proud of Kobbie, what a player he seems to be.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Lovely goal and finish that. Really enjoying watching him come into the team and establish himself

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

9 all day
Last minute winners can be anywhere from a 7 to a 10 out of 10 but, given the context of where United are at the moment, I couldn't give it anymore than an 8.

Reminds me of when I was in a pub in Leeds and we got a VAR penalty after the full time whistle (just after Brighton scored a last minute equaliser and the whole pub celebrated). Yes, it was mint celebrating that Bruno winner in front of a bunch of ABUs, however it was nowhere near the level of euphoria felt from Rashford's last minute penalty vs PSG.

city-puma

I think his biggest weakness at the moment is that his impact to our play is not significant. It’s not criticism at all but how much impact he can and will have. He is so young but he has already started to produce the end product. The sky is his ceiling. Maybe by the next season, he can start dictating our play. Too soon? Let’s dream!

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Said this earlier, he could be as good as Bellingham and I wouldn’t considering selling him even if there is any club offering us 100m. He is the real deal.

the_cliff

He's got a good shot on him. Places it really well. His goal in the FA cup was also a really good finish.

He should try shooting more imo. He had a couple chances where he received the ball with a shooting opportunity outside the box but chose the safe option.

Woziak

I’ve seen him do the little megs before but the speed of him coming inside was like a wide attacker. Proper stocky little CM with gas and technique, he could be a Seedorf regen.
In the interview he seems to have shot up, Bruno is 5’10 and Kobie looks a couple of inches taller at least.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

In the interview he seems to have shot up, Bruno is 5’10 and Kobie looks a couple of inches taller at least.
We noticed that in the post match interview as well! Mainoo is stood next to Bruno, clearly taller than him, and my mate next to me had to Google both of their heights. We came to the conclusion that Mainoo has either had a growth spurt recently or he was standing on a box.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
We noticed that in the post match interview as well! Mainoo is stood next to Bruno, clearly taller than him, and my mate next to me had to Google both of their heights. We came to the conclusion that Mainoo has either had a growth spurt recently or he was standing on a box.
so basically your conclusion ended up going no where

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Even in his first PL appearance as a sub last season he looked special in the fleeting moments he had. Then his quality in preseason was simply too good to ignore and put down to preseason.

He’s an incredible talent. If his mentality is right there’s nothing stopping him being among the best CMs in the game.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

so basically your conclusion ended up going no where
Man is visibly taller than other man
We Google their heights
According to Google, taller man is smaller than smaller Man
Therefore something isn't how it originally seemed, and we joked about why this may be the case.

Appreciate your contribution though pal. Way to shit on fellow fans.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
So smooth on the ball, so composed.

We should build a midfield with him in mind, so many great attributes.

criticalanalysis

Someone previously mentioned how Mainoo was quite good in the air and someone contested this with his aerials stats.

I'm of the opinion, like Martinez, he's actually quite decent in open play and even if he doesn't 'win' the aerial duel, he affects it enough with his positioning. However, in set pieces, he's definitely very inexperienced and doesn't know the angles and is caught ball watching a bit.

Honestly though, that's down to coaching because whilst we've improved, it's still feels we are very inconsistent here.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Man is visibly taller than other man
We Google their heights
According to Google, taller man is smaller than smaller Man
Therefore something isn't how it originally seemed, and we joked about why this may be the case.

Appreciate your contribution though pal. Way to shit on fellow fans.
I apologise I'm drunk and have no idea what I have responded to I will have a look when I've sobered up :nervous:

Faetheshire86

Anyone who watched him at youth level knew he had that in his locker. What I did not expect was to see it at senior level after 8-10 games. He is completely unfazed about the step up to the senior team. Came across incredibly well in his interview also.

So excited to see what he can become

mav_9me

Next step of his evolution is definitely to just command the ball more. He’s 18 and I think he defers to the two veterans in midfield beside him, but he’s just as good (better, really) at shielding and recycling the ball — I want to see him be more controlling of the ball and take the lead more over Fernandes and Casemiro.

It’ll come with time, I think. Still so green.
He is clearly our best CM for me. And I said that in pre season.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I have never seen a teenage midfielder being so good since Fabregas. I have no doubts he is going to be top top player.