Kobbie Mainoo

Black Alabaster

Lost 1-0 to Everton
@Beaucoup We seem to be developing a lot of good potential midfielders at the moment, @Adnan pointed out how well Collyer seems to be getting on now since his signing here, Oyedele seems really physically advanced and blossoming at the moment. Hannibal is having a great loan too looks a lot calmer and assertive not to mention Mainoo and Iqbal although signing another midfielder could shut the door for a lot of these lads.

In your view, if you don't mind, who do you see is most likely to really nail down a squad role and push on to be a united player? My personal hopes are for Hannibal and Mainoo but ETH seemingly likes Iqbal as his project player.

Beaucoup

@Beaucoup We seem to be developing a lot of good potential midfielders at the moment, @Adnan pointed out how well Collyer seems to be getting on now since his signing here, Oyedele seems really physically advanced and blossoming at the moment. Hannibal is having a great loan too looks a lot calmer and assertive not to mention Mainoo and Iqbal although signing another midfielder could shut the door for a lot of these lads.

In your view, if you don't mind, who do you see is most likely to really nail down a squad role and push on to be a united player? My personal hopes are for Hannibal and Mainoo but ETH seemingly likes Iqbal as his project player.
Hannibal is the best midfielder in the academy, however if he can't tame his temperament, he will struggle.

jesperjaap

I dont see much of the youth players to have any idea of who is the best etc....but I disagree on closing the door. I think Fred wont be here beyond his contract and VDB surely will go. That only leaves four midfielders for three spots. I think signing a quality midfielder (which I think we really need), there are still 1/2 squad spots for these players come the summer. Two of our options will be 31 by then and anotherr getting close to 29,,,,,and then there is Mctominay. And though Fernandes is looking to be getting back to some kind of form he hasnt set the world alight the last 18months or so before this season.

These are still very young players but I think the next couple of seasons should be ideal for a couple of them to step up and get opportunities to try and force there way in to the side....as for me as things stand, only Casemeiro consistently looks undroppable.

The pathway looks blocked to me by a huge squad which has international players that have never been good enough here like Fred and VDB, offloading two and signing one....opens up an extra spot....its hard to put youngsters on the bench when there are internationals signed for big money on the bench....and they all will have a bit more experience as well then and maturity

Theo88

Is this the Pogba regen from the latest FM database ? :lol:
I’ll wager he gets a loan after one more year in our youth system. I want to #believe :lol:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Might be getting his first start tonight according to eh...sportsbible.
I'd love that (in the very unlikely event that sportsbible has some kind of scoop).

Looks a class apart the times I've seen him in the youths.

Nicklas

Well, it make sense. If there’s some rotation it’ll be on Tuesday because it’s easier opponent, EFL Cup and City four days later. Hopefully he can get a start then.

CallyRed

Hopes shattered in 3 minutes.

Text book night for me

Wheeeeey

Bojan Djordjic

Ten Hag must be going for the FA Cup this year as otherwise its difficult to understand how you wouldn't be having Mainoo or Iqbal as substitute options for this Everton game.

Thiagoal

Does anyone know the extent of his injury?
Mark Dempsey seemed to think it was something minor like cramp after the game! I hope so as I think he may have got some minutes on Tuesday against Charlton!

Thiagoal

The boy is gonna be a star. The world will get to see some of that potential tonight I hope!

Devil81

Amazed at how quickly he's risen to the first team, watched him during the summer against Altrincham for the Under 18's

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ten hag giving him a start as a 17 year old in a quarter final is pretty big IMO. Traditionally he wasn't big on rotating, and he'll only start a kid who is this young (or like Garnacho) if he really rates them. Great to see.

Devil81

This is like Ryan Giggs fast tracked to the first team levels. He must be absolutely buzzing about tonight.

Can't wait to see how he gets on.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Anxious to see how he gets on, he’s a cracking talent, fingers crossed he isn’t overawed by the occasion.

ChaddyP

Assume he will be playing number and ten Hag won't do a madness and put Fred in the position instead