Kobbie Mainoo

Prodigal7

It seems to be the second string and players in younger/underaged groups that have gone to the adidas cup. As good as he is it seems Gore and Hansen are rated ahead of him.

Remember the geese

It seems to be the second string and players in younger/underaged groups that have gone to the adidas cup. As good as he is it seems Gore and Hansen are rated ahead of him.
Is it not just that he is young enough to play in the Adidas cup, whereas Gore and Hansen-Aarøen are not?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'd say it's more likely to do with their age. Fredricson and Mainoo are both still 16, whereas Hansen and Gore have both already turned 17.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I’d imagine it’s the fact he’s younger plus the responsibility of leading a side abroad to try and win something is a great experience. He’s above that level technically and physically so it becomes all about mentality.

AltiUn

Hansen definitely is, not sure about Gore tbh but Mainoo always takes on a more defensivE role to accommodate Gore when he’s fit as well.
I don't think we've taken any of the 04s to the tournament.

Last edited:

Remember the geese

Hansen definitely is, not sure about Gore tbh but Mainoo always takes on a more defensivE role to accommodate Gore when he’s fit as well.
I'm not sure what the rules are regarding eligibility in the Adidas cup to be honest. I know that Mainoo is still only 16 though. Gore and Hansen-Aarøen are quality talents, but I wouldn't say that they are better than Mainoo. I like the idea of deploying him a bit deeper too. He obviously has magic in his boots, but it would be more interesting if he developed into a Bellingham type player, rather than some sort of 8/10 hybrid.

Demaw

Mainoo, Shola, Gore and Hansen. Surely a few of these will make the top squad in the future. They are all top class. McAllister also gets huge write ups as well. I'm a big fan of keeper Vitek and Sam Mather who also has something.

AltiUn

Mainoo, Shola, Gore and Hansen. Surely a few of these will make the top squad in the future. They are all top class. McAllister also gets huge write ups as well. I'm a big fan of keeper Vitek and Sam Mather who also has something.
McAllister must be seriously good for his age, he made his debut for the 18s as a 14 year old and has had a couple of hundred minutes as a 15 year old this season.

Connor C

McAllister must be seriously good for his age, he made his debut for the 18s as a 14 year old and has had a couple of hundred minutes as a 15 year old this season.
He’s hardly looked out of place either

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
As long as we get a DM this summer I really don't think we need any more CMs in the first team. One or two of these youngsters have to make it. My bets would be Hannibal, Mainoo, Gore.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Finley McAllister is a real leader...technically very good...physical...and tactically astute. He will captain the youth team in a couple of years.

James Nolan is another who is a leader on the pitch. Great going forward.

There will also be a handful of others who will develop late and surprise people...Williams, Whetaley, Scanlon, Berry etc...

lenny_1248

As long as we get a DM this summer I really don't think we need any more CMs in the first team. One or two of these youngsters have to make it.
Don't want to put any additional pressure on them, but they absolutely have to.:)
It would be such a shame if they do not.

AneRu

Hw will make his debut next season under Ten Haag
I think this is the right appointment for the rebuild awaiting us. We are losing so many players in the summer such that we will be forced by circumstances alone to look to the academy since we can't replace the sheer numbers of those leaving. Couple that with the fact that we now have a manager who was brave enough to embark on a CL campaign with two 18 year olds at the core of his side, there is no better time to be a youth player at United than next season.

dutchred

Mainoo and Gore are so much better than anyone e have now in the first team

Idxomer

A bit of Verratti there, especially at the end where he refused to let go of the ball.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His touch and technique is of a very high level for a kid his age.
Yeah, love CMs with quick feet and someone who can glide past players with such ease. If everything goes well (chances of happening is very low) then we should see Hannibal and Mainoo in our team who wouldn't be afraid to receive passes when pressed.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
When Collyer came on Mainoo was shunted further forward and he was chasing down everything. Was a one-man pressing-machine. For all his talent on the ball, he works incredibly hard off it too.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
His touch and technique is of a very high level for a kid his age.
His pace and strength too.

Probably way to soon for him to play in midfield in the PL, but he also looks too good for U18. Maybe he could be an option as a RB? Saw a poster recently claiming that a fullback is basically a box-to-box midfielder. And I think that is accurate.

Bayern introduced Kimmich at RB. We did the same with Keane, Liverpool with Gerrard.

jesperjaap

Impressive videos have to say. Surprised he has literally jsut turned 17 as he looks too good fo rthe U18s already judging from the clips, should be pushed higher up to see how he copes with the U23s I think as look well above the age group he is already stepping up to play in

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Probably way to soon for him to play in midfield in the PL, but he also looks too good for U18. Maybe he could be an option as a RB? Saw a poster recently claiming that a fullback is basically a box-to-box midfielder. And I think that is accurate.

Bayern introduced Kimmich at RB. We did the same with Keane, Liverpool with Gerrard.
I don't know mate, never thought of him as a RB (half back) but you never know with a coach like ten Hag.

I think if he carries on with his currently upwards trajectory, then I can see him possibly making a appearance in the first team next season. And it would be interesting if he's introduced as a RB, because ten Hag has shown a propensity towards the tucked in fullback to provide playmaking ability in the half spaces.

lysglimt

Scout

We did it with Keane due to injuries - and there is a big difference as Keane had played as a central defender for Forest in the Premier League the season before.

DevTheRed

He looks so so good.. the class of 22 is looking very exciting indeed.

Even more exciting given that Ten Hag is in charge and we all know how well he did integrating and developing the youth players at Ajax.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Even more exciting given that Ten Hag is in charge and we all know how well he did integrating and developing the youth players at Ajax.
Tbf integration from the academy to 1st team is much easier at Ajax since they have always subscribed to a certain philosophy. United on the other hand have had different types of philosophies at the 1st team level -- it would be almost impossible for any academy coaches and kids to react and shape.

pillo o'culture

Supports
utub disliek button
Rate Gore more than him. Bit like Pogba, including the way he relied on physical strength and slow (didn't think ahead) based on the clips.

lysglimt

Scout
The one issue I have with Mainoo - is that he sometimes slows the game down. He gets the ball - and then he almost stands there for a few seconds trying to trick his opponent before skipping past him. And the strange thing is - the more time he seems to have, the more he does this. But once he decides to put the turbo on - he moves forward quickly. But there are a lot of youngsters in our ranks who have extreme skills and can go all the way. At least among the attacking players - slightly less hopeful for the defenders

khoazany

I think we need to move Mainoo to the U23s asap

He currently have too much physical advantages at this level and will just form him bad habits if he stays at the same level.

pascell

Worth noting, he only ever promoted youngsters into the first team when he felt they'd contribute. He very seldom brought them into the first team fold and had the team carry them whilst they adjusted.

DevTheRed

Worth noting, he only ever promoted youngsters into the first team when he felt they'd contribute. He very seldom brought them into the first team fold and had the team carry them whilst they adjusted.
Oh definitely not expecting them to start week in week out, but with europa league and with the help of trimming the squad of the ‘nothing’ players we currently have hopefully the likes of Hannibal, Garnacho, McNeil will get the odd appearance.

Honestly can’t wait for him to get started.

GueRed

Rate Gore more than him. Bit like Pogba, including the way he relied on physical strength and slow (didn't think ahead) based on the clips.
He's is miles better than Pogba defensively. That said Pogba was useless.

Mainoo senses danger better than Pogba and is more willing to get stuck in.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Man the players names we have been linked to for next window are wild. They all have exotic names.