Kurt Zouma / 180 hours community service + banned from keeping cats for 5 years

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
What he did was wrong but not nearly as bad as some make out. He's not injuring it or anything like that. Not nice to watch but not exactly criminal either.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
What he did was wrong but not nearly as bad as some make out. He's not injuring it or anything like that. Not nice to watch but not exactly criminal either.
In the UK there is a law against booting your cat across the room like a football. It is, by definition, a criminal act.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
That's just factually wrong

B20

Supports
Liverpool
In the UK there is a law against booting your cat across the room like a football. It is, by definition, a criminal act.
I'd never treat an animal like that and hope that Zouma learns never to do that either.

But there is loads of far more serious animal cruelty happening every day that deserves more attention than this.

Jericho

Shitty way for him to treat the cat no doubt , but honestly not as bad as I was expecting given that a lot of people here seem to be traumatised and “physically sick” from that video.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
But there is loads of far more serious animal cruelty happening every day that deserves more attention than this.
Classic whataboutism combined with goal post moving, neat.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don't know what point you're trying to make outside of calling them cnuts, or how it overlaps with the post you're responding to.
I’m disagreeing with your idea that being a psychopath doesn’t make you a cnut. By any reasonable definition that’s exactly what it makes you. I’m well aware that it’s not necessarily an impediment to a successful career but it’s definitely an impediment to not being a cnut.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'd never treat an animal like that and hope that Zouma learns never to do that either.

Come on mate, that's like saying don't look at this bloke punching that toddler in the mouth because there far more serious child abuse happening every day that deserves more attention than this.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Classic whataboutism combined with goal post moving, neat.
It's really not. He's kicked a cat across the room and that will make headlines for days. I'd hope that such a thing might shine a light on how vast the problem of animal abuse actually is, but most likely focus and energy will go towards footballers and booing and the drama of it all.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Disgusting. That poor cat.

What’s wrong with footballers these days?

Greenwood, Avram Grant, Zouma. All despicable behaviour.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Come on mate, that's like saying don't look at this bloke punching that toddler in the mouth because there far more serious child abuse happening every day that deserves more attention than this.
What Zouma did is much less serious than punching a toddler in the mouth.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
It's really not. He's kicked a cat across the room and that will make headlines for days. I'd hope that such a thing might shine a light on how vast the problem of animal abuse actually is, but most likely focus and energy will go towards footballers and booing and the drama of it all.
You first said it isn't a criminal act, which is plain wrong.
You then went to the good old "worse things happen every day" excuse after your take was exposed.

Guess the backpedaling phase comes next.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I don't understand why people expect footballers to be any less fecked up than the 'average' person. They excel at kicking a ball around and they're no more likely to be nice than the rest of our fecked up society.

They're not a separate species, they're just people.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
What Zouma did is much less serious than amassing all your troops on the Ukrainian border and threatening to trigger World War III.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
But it is something to watch out for because it could be an indication of other behaviour
Sure.

I feel absolutely sure that there are loads and loads of people treating their pets like this and they don't feel they are abusing them. And having a conversation about that would be to the good.

Withnail

I'm confused. You seem hell-bent on minimising this because worse animal cruelty exists, which I always think is an odd position to take.

Kicking cats is fine but punching toddlers in the mouth isn't. Where's the line?

Devil may care

I don't like cats but that's no reason to harm them, the most disturbing thing though is he doesn't seem to be doing it in a rage after something has happened, it's a game he's having filmed by soneone he clearly can't trust either.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
That doesn't matter. It's your whataboutery I can't accept. There is always something worse happening elsewhere. All you're doing when you point that out is minimising the seriousness of the situation. If I saw my neighbour use his pet for target practice, I wouldn't think 'oh well that's not that bad, somewhere else some sicko is popping his cat in the oven'.

Deery

Dreary
There’s always one, why, oh why, internet?

B20

Supports
Liverpool
You first said it isn't a criminal act, which is plain wrong.
You then went to the good old "worse things happen every day" excuse after your take was exposed.

Guess the backpedaling phase comes next.
I never condoned any of it. I'd be surprised if it meets the bar for criminal action however. Looking at the responses before seeing the video I was expecting something much worse.

It's about proportionality really. If whoever is investigating animal cruelty are currently sitting on their hands then fine let them investigate. More likely they'd end up dropping something serious to investigate this. Might end up having to at any rate given the public response.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
I'm confused. You seem hell-bent on minimising this because worse animal cruelty exists, which I always think is an odd position to take.

Kicking cats is fine but punching toddlers in the mouth isn't. Where's the line?
It's not a line, it's a sliding scale. Some actions are worse than others.