Kyle Walker signs for City

Status
Not open for further replies.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
There's no way he would have got a red card from bringing Grigg down there, not with Stones so close. That's poor then in that case but I guess on the verge of a final you don't want to take any risks.
While he has been absolutely immense in general for City so far, he will always have a bit of a brainfart in him, so whether he had this in mind or not is I think philosophical. He fecked up, period. But obviously he wasn't the only one, otherwise City would have beaten a League 1 side. :)

meninred

Are we sure this is a ligue 1 side ?..the likes of newcastle or swansea..what will they say ..

drdoityourself

Just made for this role in a back three. Has pace to mop up everything that goes over the defence.

Trizy

Meh alright player in a system where he doesn't have to defend. Not a great player by any stretch. Suits their system though.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He always seems to be the one to blame whenever City have one of those mega shock games where they flop.

NoLogo

He always seems to be the one to blame whenever City have one of those mega shock games where they flop.
He had a shocker tonight but tbh the whole team looks slow and cumbersome right now. Everyone was always amazed at their aggressive pressing and the pressure they put on their opponents but they now always seem to be a step too late and Walker always seemed at the end of these coming too late chains today.

Mick321

He's trash defensively, I can see them trying to upgrade in the summer as he's not so amazing going forward it hides his faults at the other end.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He's trash defensively, I can see them trying to upgrade in the summer as he's not so amazing going forward it hides his faults at the other end.
His crossing also is very loopy considering how much space he gets on the right.

kidbob

He thinks he's the English Dani Alves. Just lacking any of the actual ability that Alves had.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He has a game like today in his locker every so often. Put us in right trouble now. Directly responsible for 2 of the 3 goals.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Was fantastic last season. Has been solid this season until the last few games. Looks mentally and physically knackered.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's not very good on the ball in the attacking third. Has the pace but lacks the technical ability to be world class imo.

devil in me

He is a fantastic athlete, but in footballing terms will always have games like today. Not a brilliant footballer.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Who is the upgrade?
Good question. Alves is finished, Kimmich & Carvajal are never moving away from their clubs. I haven't seen enough of Semedo but i don't think he's all that.Bellerin as much as i like him is far from being there yet.
The only 2 who would seem possible are Florenzi and Meunier but again i'm not sure they are a 30 to 40m upgrade over Walker.
Maybe i'm forgetting someone but they have to hope he reduces the number of brainlags he seems to have over the season.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Still a brain dead footballer, the kind of guy that’s playing a game and sees a butterfly and says “oh look a butterfly”, outstanding athlete though.

andyox

Supports
Manchester City
He’s a superb footballer. End of.
Thought he was bang average at Spurs tbh, so wasn't overly excited when we signed him. Fair play he was great last season and fits into our system well. But he's been really poor the last few games and today he didn't get away with it. Think he needs a rest if Danilo is now back from injury.

Bwuk

He’s class. Would of loved him here. Best RB in the league.

CM

Walker's always been very reliant on his physical attributes (which are genuinely impressive) but some of the mistakes he made against Palace were pure stupidity. He looks a liability at the moment.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Defensively he’s excellent in a 1v1 footrace or recovering space in a high line, which makes him a difficult-to-upgrade fit for Guardiola. But he’s very poor defending over his shoulder - struggles to anticipate danger when the movement behind him is more cute.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Defensively he’s excellent in a 1v1 footrace or recovering space in a high line, which makes him a difficult-to-upgrade fit for Guardiola. But he’s very poor defending over his shoulder - struggles to anticipate danger when the movement behind him is more cute.
So, just a great athlete, then?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
You can't just be a "great athlete" in a Guardiola side. It's kind of insulting to insinuate such, but to not derail this thread...

He's been poor for a while.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
You can't just be a "great athlete" in a Guardiola side. It's kind of insulting to insinuate such, but to not derail this thread...

He's been poor for a while.
Delph? Walker? Sterling? Otamendi? Fernandinho? Jesus? These players are/were predominantly known for their physical/athletic traits rather than acute footballing acumen. That Guardiola has improved their footballing technique is irrelevant - they are players who’ve been ridiculed in the past (and in some cases, still today) for their ability with the ball and natural understanding of the game.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
He thinks he is the shit and talks too much. I know its banter and all but the shit he sprouts probably does get to his head.

steakpie

I honestly think I could dribble past him with a few faints/drop of the shoulder.

Treble

Walker's never been a top player. Did well last season but he, Mendy and Danilo did cost too much for what they are offering. Mendy has barely played, Danilo has had numerous injuries too and Walker is falling to pieces now. Bad timing as Liverpool are the ones to capitalise on it.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I thought he disproved the idea that he's just an athlete in the WC.

At Spurs that's all he looked like to me, and at City he was playing in such a good team with a clear identity that you could put it down to some kind of Guardiola effect. But England aren't a great team, he was playing in a totally different role and he was generally very good. He's clearly prone to the odd brainfart but the idea that he's technically limited is mad, IMO. He was a central part of City's build-up play last year with clever, cute, well executed passing last year. Glad he's starting to struggle now because Danilo's looked nowhere near as good as Walker at his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.