Kyle Walker | The Flash

Revaulx

If even 5% of the Walker stories are true he'd be one of the biggest deviants seen in this generation.
He grew up in Sheffield’s Lansdowne Flats; a small estate in an otherwise “nice” area of Sheffield that’s always been notorious for housing a lot of weirdos and undesirables in one place.

So quite possibly it’s learned behaviour?

Chief123

Surely there is some scientific test that can find some chemical cheating with this guy? How is a player who’s about to turn 33 years old one of the fastest players in the world, Mbappe level.

big_jeffstar

Surely there is some scientific test that can find some chemical cheating with this guy? How is a player who’s about to turn 33 years old one of the fastest players in the world, Mbappe level.
when city players are on the PED’s they’re next level to be fair.. they know how to use em!

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Getting a decent fee for him will be good business in the abstract for City given his age. But I think he'll be a substantial miss and a difficult player to replace. He has his limitations with the ball but for a team that depends on playing high up the pitch with a lot of technicians in the side, you can't underestimate how valuable it has been to have a defender who has legitimately been the top athlete and one of the very best open space defenders in the PL for 7-8 years, especially one who plays in the same spaces (right side of defense) in which many opponents have their most dangerous attacking threat.

Hammondo

Getting a decent fee for him will be good business in the abstract for City given his age. But I think he'll be a substantial miss and a difficult player to replace. He has his limitations with the ball but for a team that depends on playing high up the pitch with a lot of technicians in the side, you can't underestimate how valuable it has been to have a defender who has legitimately been the top athlete and one of the very best open space defenders in the PL for 7-8 years, especially one who plays in the same spaces (right side of defense) in which many opponents have their most dangerous attacking threat.
Very solid in his area, works hard, very athletic. I've no idea who they would be thinking to replace him with.

tomaldinho1

Was best RB in the league at Spurs, been best RB in the league for ages until arguably James came along who I think is really special. Superb player.

Josh 76

The only player to be sent out on loan and still managed to get young player of the year. Could only happen to Spurs!

miked99

If you take his pace out of the equation, I don't think he's anything better than 'good' at defending. But his pace is an absolute lifesaver. Gets him out of so many holes.

Be interesting to see how citeh's high line is impacted by his departure.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If he goes to Bayern he'll finish his career with a great trophy haul. Some of them illegal though

zaafi

This has taken me by surprise. No doubt City have a pricey world class replacement already lined up though.
Genuinely can't think of a single world class right back these days other than Reece James at his best, so doubt that very much.

Dannn411

Very surprising that they are letting him go. There hasn't been a better defender of pacy wingers anywhere in the world for the last 10 years. All PL left wingers are overjoyed.

Kag

I hope he fecks off. I think he’d be a real loss to City, even at this age.

But then I said that Toure, Silva and Aguero would be losses, too, so what do I know?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Good to see top English players try other European leagues.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
City is getting rid lot of their players who will need replacement.

Also what's Bayern's obsession with City's fullbacks?

padr81

Supports
Man City
I think the fact he was benched for much of last season played a part. His skillet is only needed a few times a season and it's not fair to sit him on the bench for 35 games just to drag him out vs Vini, Mbappe etc...

If rumours of Gvaridol are true his rb spot is gone to Stones or Akanji (which it kinda has been anyway). Pep even used Rico Lewis in his spot.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He's still got the pace but clearly not the stamina anymore, he's not able to cover the ground consistently. Big problem, He's always had a habit of switching off but this season its been way worse than usual, off field issues in his head and 34. Think he'll be out in the summer. It's a big mistake to keep fullbacks too long int he modern game and it might be a season too far for Kyle. Think with Stones and Akanji fit he's outta the team.

flameinthesun

City have relied a lot on his recovery pace when playing their high line. Will be interesting whether they can find another player to replace him with that crazy pace when he eventually declines.

Rossa

City have relied a lot on his recovery pace when playing their high line. Will be interesting whether they can find another player to replace him with that crazy pace when he eventually declines.
Don’t think you’ll find anyone like him, so trying to replace him like for like will be a failure.

tomaldinho1

Don’t think you’ll find anyone like him, so trying to replace him like for like will be a failure.
Can definitely find a better technical player but pace is so important. Basically need to find Davies’ as an RB

Rossa

Can definitely find a better technical player but pace is so important. Basically need to find Davies’ as an RB
It’s the combination of pace and strength. It was the same with Valencia. Not positionally the best, but he was impossible to get past one on one. I recall Sane trying a good old kick and run and subsequently looked a fool.

Joel Miller

He’s a rotten defender at times, why is he showing Gordon inside on his right foot? Happened more than once too so it’s not like he learned from it!

Rossa

He’s a rotten defender at times, why is he showing Gordon inside on his right foot? Happened more than once too so it’s not like he learned from it!
Once in a blue moon does Gordon score from there. He never should have taken the shot. For both goals, Walker was left alone defending. Hardly fair to blame him.

Joel Miller

Once in a blue moon does Gordon score from there. He never should have taken the shot. For both goals, Walker was left alone defending. Hardly fair to blame him.
Yes it is. Basics of defending as a full back, you don’t show wide players into their stronger foot. Gordon’s scored from those positions before, he’s a good player.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
Clearly in decline but his wife just kicked him out he really shouldn't have played.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Very surprising that they are letting him go. There hasn't been a better defender of pacy wingers anywhere in the world for the last 10 years. All PL left wingers are overjoyed.
Pep doesn't seem to have a problem letting players leave. I'm sure he has a plan to replace him ...