Kylian Mbappé

Bwuk

Rashford - Mbappe - Antony
Garnacho - Martial - Sancho

We’d find a way to finish 6th still.

dinostar77

You would think so but I thought he was 100% nailed on to go there before staying at PSG. Undoubetly a brilliant player but some of his arrogace appears beyong the galic charm to me, dont like him.

As for us signings him....he is of course better than all of them but we have Rashford, Sancho and Garnacho on the elft which is his favoured position as well as other options, no reason for us to enter the race as brilliant as he is, we have much bigger priorities
We would be a non starter for him right now. When did we last win the PL? Or the Champions League? Currently over the last decade, Chelsea, Liverpool,City have been the more successful clubs.

He's the heir apparent to Ronaldo/Messi so his career will be carefully managed. Deliver a CL for PSG and i have no doubts he will be off.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
  • Not watching him enough.
  • I felt his stats were inflated due to the quality of defending in his league compared to PSG's front line.
  • I've always felt you could take him out the game (you couldn't do that with Messi/CR7) and I think England proved that, so did Wan Bissaka few seasons ago.
  • Forgetting how young he actually is
I'd still have Henry as the better player, but we'll see in the future.
Amazing how you summised my thoughts on him. I'm happy to climb down on this and accept he's pretty awesome.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

What better than having both heir apparents playing for rivals in the biggest league in the world. Think of the marketing, the promos, the drama. Both going for the same league and cups, a mere mile apart.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Didn't know if the French connection was strong between them. Ideally you want a Benzema / Ronaldo type situation
They both started out in Monaco but I doubt there's anything more between them than that, Mbappe is (rightfully) highly ambitious he wouldn't come unless we had a team capable of regularly competing for the Champions League and let's be honest Martial isn't that good.

In regards to your second sentence I propose oishimhen but he himself will cost a bomb, someone like Harry Kane could do the job wonderfully as well.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

They both started out in Monaco but I doubt there's anything more between them than that, Mbappe is (rightfully) highly ambitious he wouldn't come unless we had a team capable of regularly competing for the Champions League and let's be honest Martial isn't that good.

In regards to your second sentence I propose oishimhen but he himself will cost a bomb, someone like Harry Kane could do the job wonderfully as well.
Kane would be immense. Imagine him and Mbappe.

cyberman

Why do we even entertain the idea that we could sign him?
Why not? The EPL is now becoming the Mecca for world class talent. New owners, deeper pockets and a manager who seems he has it in him to challenge the best.
There are few clubs that can afford him and if Madrid really are out and they wont t sell to rival oil clubs…

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Kane would be immense. Imagine him and Mbappe.
Indeed , dare I say it would outright be the best attack in the entire club football as Kate's more recent selfless play style should elevate Mbappe to new levels but it is to be seen if levy is going cut back on some of his stubbornness and sell to a direct rival but he's going to enter the final year of his contract soon so certainly possible.

The prospect of having this team in year or two is mouth watering.

Ddgor a new gk
Dalot/new RB varane Martinez shaw/Malacia
Eriksen/new midfielder casemiro
Bruno
Antony kane Mbappé
But that would be too good to be true huh?

mshnsh

Mbappe is likely to be the best of his generation. The main challenge for him is when he loses his explosiveness/speed even slightly. That is when we might see him start struggling a little bit because for all other things he does well, those are his main assets. C.Ronaldo, a player he is similar to, became a penalty box scorer.

As things stand, Haaland is his main challenger. A goalscoring machine and a physical specimen. Haaland doesn't pretend otherwise.

I also think other players might emerge like Musiala who looked very very good (technically better than Mbappe/ Haaland) but just lacking that finish/ end product.

And than let's see how Garnacho developes.

Erik the Red

Mbappe is likely to be the best of his generation. The main challenge for him is when he loses his explosiveness/speed even slightly. That is when we might see him start struggling a little bit because for all other things he does well, those are his main assets. C.Ronaldo, a player he is similar to, became a penalty box scorer.

As things stand, Haaland is his main challenger. A goalscoring machine and a physical specimen. Haaland doesn't pretend otherwise.

I also think other players might emerge like Musiala who looked very very good (technically better than Mbappe/ Haaland) but just lacking that finish/ end product.

And than let's see how Garnacho developes.
I agree with your choices, and all look to have a very high ceiling, in which case we should get Musiala and Mbappe in quickly.

Imagine a front four of:

Mbappe
Garnacho Musiala Antony

With a reserve line up of:

Martial
Rashford Bruno Sancho

I think that's our attack sorted for the next 5+ years, and we can let go of Elanga, Pellestri and Amad. We also have no need for Gakpo, Moukoko, Sesko, etc.

Valencia Shin Crosses

You would think so but I thought he was 100% nailed on to go there before staying at PSG. Undoubetly a brilliant player but some of his arrogace appears beyong the galic charm to me, dont like him.

As for us signings him....he is of course better than all of them but we have Rashford, Sancho and Garnacho on the elft which is his favoured position as well as other options, no reason for us to enter the race as brilliant as he is, we have much bigger priorities
No we don’t. If you can get the best player in the world not named Messi then you fecking do it.

3KDré

I agree with your choices, and all look to have a very high ceiling, in which case we should get Musiala and Mbappe in quickly.

Imagine a front four of:

Mbappe
Garnacho Musiala Antony

With a reserve line up of:

Martial
Rashford Bruno Sancho

I think that's our attack sorted for the next 5+ years, and we can let go of Elanga, Pellestri and Amad. We also have no need for Gakpo, Moukoko, Sesko, etc.
:lol: very realistic.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Why not? The EPL is now becoming the Mecca for world class talent. New owners, deeper pockets and a manager who seems he has it in him to challenge the best.
There are few clubs that can afford him and if Madrid really are out and they wont t sell to rival oil clubs…
I must have missed that we have new owners... but in this very moment, we're rather broke

Erik the Red

:lol: very realistic.
And you think a front three of Mbappe, Neymar, Messi is realistic?

We are a way bigger club than PSG, in fact, bigger than any other club on the planet bar perhaps Real Madrid in terms of brand name. We just happen to have owners that are not as rich as some arab countries. We are likely to have new owners by the summer, as Man Utd is without question the biggest name in football currently on the market, and unless the Glazers sell the club to someone who can only just afford it, we will have owners that can compete toe to toe with the oil clubs. People need to change their mindest, and I am not saying that we should have a Galactico policy, I actually think we should keep bringing through the Rashfords and Garnachos of this world, but we should also be able to supplement them with the best players in the world.

dinostar77

We are a way bigger club than PSG, in fact, bigger than any other club on the planet bar perhaps Real Madrid in terms of brand name. We just happen to have owners that are not as rich as some arab countries. We are likely to have new owners by the summer, as Man Utd is without question the biggest name in football currently on the market, and unless the Glazers sell the club to someone who can only just afford it, we will have owners that can compete toe to toe with the oil clubs. People need to change their mindest, and I am not saying that we should have a Galactico policy, I actually think we should keep bringing through the Rashfords and Garnachos of this world, but we should also be able to supplement them with the best players in the world.
How are we a bigger club than PSG based on our last decade? What have we won to justify such a position? The ed woodward crap of fans based on insta/facebook/twitter followers is modern day social media trash. Who cares?

We arent as successful as Chelsea, City and Liverpool over the past decade, nevermind Madrid and Barcelona.

Its this glazers brainwashing of utd fans that globally we are bigger than anyone on brand name thats allowed them to let our stadium and training ground fall into disarry.

Brand recognition is tied to sucess. Companies was the feel good factor and want to be entertained and linked to winning. We havent done that for a long while.

PSG (as much as i dislike them) have three of the biggest names in world fotball playing for them. They are the most popular team in the arab world. They will get bigger and more popular as time goes on. So will City and Newcastle.

Even if a gulf state bought us tomorrow, we could be looking at another 5-10 years to try to get us back to the summit. The expansion / tlc /redevelopment of OT will take years. The training ground need work (as ronaldo complained about "stuck in a time warp") and first team needs investment. This all takes time.

On what planet is a player like Mbappe going to look at Utd and decide, yeh they havent won the league in a decade, havent won a CL in 15 years. The stadium is old, the training ground just as old. Im a potential multiple balon dor winner and im going to waste my prime years at a has been club?

We need alot of work to get back to the top domestically. Also as fergie said, its in Utd's DNA not to buy superstars, but make them.

3KDré

If you genuinely think we're realistically going to have Mbappe, Musiala, Antony, Garnacho, Bruno, Martial, Rashford and Sancho all happily playing and rotating them you are deluded.

Messi Mbappe Neymar might be a good front 3 but after that the've got no one of near quality but you think that Bruno's going to willingly go from captain to benchwarming for Musiala, Rashfords going to willingly sit on the bench for an 18 year old when PSG openly said they would love to have him (and in your scenario they'd have an Mbappe sized hole at LW.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Mbappé career will be better overall, but peak R9 was unique.
Having watched football since 1990 I never saw a better player than Ronaldo Nazário between 96 and 98. I used to watch all the games of Barcelona under Bobby Robson because TVI showed all La Liga matches played by Barcelona (might have been because Baia, Couto and Figo were there) and no player between 20 and 22 years old was so dominant as him...

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Having watched football since 1990 I never saw a better player than Ronaldo Nazário between 96 and 98. I used to watch all the games of Barcelona under Bobby Robson because TVI showed all La Liga matches played by Barcelona (might have been because Baia, Couto and Figo were there) and no player between 20 and 22 years old was so dominant as him...
Not only dominant: the skill, intelligence and power he had was something I will never ever see again in my life. Not even Messi and Ronaldo were capable of those amazing performances.
Yes, good old times of open TV football: Premier League at Canal 2 (now called RTP2), La Liga and Serie A at TVI. Lots of stars on both those leagues.

Stacks

Not only dominant: the skill, intelligence and power he had was something I will never ever see again in my life. Not even Messi and Ronaldo were capable of those amazing performances.
Yes, good old times of open TV football: Premier League at Canal 2 (now called RTP2), La Liga and Serie A at TVI. Lots of stars on both those leagues.
we used to get Serie A on channel 4 (our national TV channel) and La Liga and Prem on sky 1. Now its split across mulitple different streaming services. I feel Mbappe has shown from a young age, similar dominance, intelligence, pace and skill (maybe a bit less). He tore the CL apart at 17 won the world cup at 20 (younger than Ronaldo not including his 94 one as he didnt play) Mbappe goal record is quite "fenomeno"

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I am fully convinced if it wasn't for his serious injuries we would never dream to have a debate about the GOAT after him, only being able to comeback in 2002 without barely playing for 2 or 3 seasons and scoring so many goals in the WC and win it almost tells everything you need to know about him.

That and the match at Old Trafford in 2003 if I am not wrong, where he scored a hattrick, and at that point he wasn't 80% of the player he was before injuries.

By the way on RTP 2 the games they showed from England and Italy were on Sundays and I don't remember if it was extended highlights or 90 minutes? Possibly the start of the Premier League era, but I remember the FA Cup Final being a great event for those who watched foreign football. That and the Finals of Copa Del Rey, particularly because Futre played for Atletico Madrid and Bernd Schuster also a great player to watch on that team.

Regarding Mbappe he has the tools to become at least the best French player ever, I don't expect him to stay forever at PSG, one day he will go to Real Madrid.

Last edited:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I am fully convinced if it wasn't for his serious injuries we would never dream to have a debate about the GOAT after him, only being able to comeback in 2002 without barely playing for 2 or 3 seasons and scoring so many goals in the WC and win it almost tells everything you need to know about him.

That and the match at Old Trafford in 2003 if I am not wrong, where he scored a hattrick, and at that point he wasn't 80% of the player he was before injuries.
His injuries were due to lack of training discipline though. Vieri himself said Ronaldo would barely run, go to the gymn, and even in regular training he was a lazy f*ck. But when the ball starts rolling suddenly he became unstoppable.
Same in Barça: players would say he was the first to get into the training center (directly from night clubs).

. He had his first severe injury at the end of his first season at Barça, and it was downhill from there. Even though he had moments of brilliance, his consistency was never the same again.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
we used to get Serie A on channel 4 (our national TV channel) and La Liga and Prem on sky 1. Now its split across mulitple different streaming services. I feel Mbappe has shown from a young age, similar dominance, intelligence, pace and skill (maybe a bit less). He tore the CL apart at 17 won the world cup at 20 (younger than Ronaldo not including his 94 one as he didnt play) Mbappe goal record is quite "fenomeno"
Maybe it's nostalgia but Ronaldo felt different. And maybe I'm underrating Mbappé but I would put him closer to young Aguero when it comes to impression, the one that was used in different roles at Atletico.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I just keep thinking... what if he had beaten that extra man with that dribble right at the end of the game? He might have scored the greatest goal in history.
Agreed. Would have been the greatest ever for the chance itself, his play and all the context.

I always thought he was good, but I genuinely think he is amazing now. Absolute transfer muppets wet dream of a signing.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Ronaldo Nazario wasn't just stopped by injuries, he played at a time where it was much harder for players to be as fit as they are nowadays because they were not assigned nutritionists and personal trainers from a young age. The infrastructures improved so much that players being able to perform at a world class level well in their thirties isn't not even something rare anymore (Cristiano,Messi,Modric,Lewandowski,Benzema,Kroos,Ramos and many others)
He also probably wasn't the most professional player either which did not help.

Had Ronaldo been born a decade later, I think he would have been able to play at the top level for over a decade and I truly wonder how the Messi/Cristiano/R9 comparisons would have gone.

SATA

Watched him a number of times with his club PSG against us United. Never did understand the fuss with him until the world cup final. Absolute top player I see him now. He totally dominated that Argentina defence all by himself

He should really come to the Prem and challenge Haaland like Messi and Ronaldo used to in La Liga

BerryBerryShrew

Only way we sign him is if we're being taken over by the Saudis or some other sportswashing oil country. So let's hope it doesn't happen.