Kylian Mbappé

OmarUnited4ever

I do agree about signing Enzo. Him and Bellingham should be the priorities, get both. And then either another CB(Gvardiol looks good) and convert Fede into a winger for good, or a RWB to replace your namesake
I think Tchouameni is better than Enzo, and Camavinga although young has a potential to be WC CM, so not sure why you need 2 more CMs at RM.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I agree with you. However, when has Florentino cared about that kind of thing? If there's a chance to get Mbappe he will buy him. He may well buy him and Endrick and just say: 'F-k it the coach can figure out how to fit these guys together.' It wouldn't be the first time would it?
I'm all for doing press campaigns for transfers, paying whatever it takes as long as we have the player's willingness. In this case that is not the case and I think Florentino felt a bit cheated.
He wants to win the Champions League in his country and he is paid very well, or vice versa.
It is one thing to be a popular club among players and another to be a club of mercenaries, as well as the example we give of not being very firm with players who want to plan their career so far in advance.
It's also true that I'm not made of stone, a couple of interviews of whining and regret might soften me up :D
But he's so, so good. Damn. This guy is game-breaking in a way comparable to Messi and OG Ronaldo, his mere presence on the pitch warps reality
You need a good Haaland hat trick to change your mind again :D
I do agree about signing Enzo. Him and Bellingham should be the priorities, get both. And then either another CB(Gvardiol looks good) and convert Fede into a winger for good, or a RWB to replace your namesake
I am afraid that Bellingham and Enzo would be too much, although it is true that we will need talent and organisation to replace Lukita and Toni.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Imagine holding a grudge for a player that never played for Madrid deciding to stay in his country. Oh, let me guess, he made sweet eyes at you therefore he owes you this move? Madrid fans are so lucky, they so rarely get rejected that they must have forgotten it can happen to them too and that it's normal.

Welcome to the reality of every other club out there. At least Endrick seems to be heading your way, I'd say that's a pretty nice consolation prize if Mbappe never comes, which he still might and as I predicted, Madrid fans for all their grandstanding about how it was his last chance will quickly change their tune and sing Mbappe's name again in no time if there's any chance he does end up coming.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Why would you hold a grudge? He doesn’t owe Madrid anything…

Seems to excel at World Cups. 2018 and now this one. Very curious if he can level up to another tier.
He owes us EVERYTHING!!!! He wouldn't even be a footballer if it weren't for us!!!!

:wenger:

SATA

He really has a face and head like a ninja turtle. Just need a shell on his back and he can perfectly pass off as one in one of those turtle movies

Having said, he’s a top player. Definitely better than his 2018 world cup version

MDFC Manager

Sheikh of Qatar had a few words in his ear. "I'm buying United, be ready to move to Manchester"

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Absolutely amazing player and already one of biggest matchwinners in history of football, but I don't think I've seen many players at international level who care so little about defending. Not taking that from him since his attacking output is obviously worth it, but it's definitely interesting to see a player doing less defending than someone like Messi.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Best french attacker i have seen in my lifetime in a WC , except Zidane.

This guy has another WC trophy in him definitely, and with Messi and Ronaldo done at top level he will win at least 2 Balloon D'Ors.

SAFMUTD

He's the heir, absolute out of this world player. Such a shame we can't attract players like him.

el3mel

I actually can't believe he's only 24 ? I thought he's older. Crazy, absolutely mental how good he's at this age and he's yet to reach his full potential.

Will suck if he stays for longer time at PSG and playing in such league. He deserves to play in a league with more intensity and competition.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Out of this world. Sad to be on the losing side but….Messi deserved it! At this rate & with a few balon dors, he’ll enter the GOAT debate - especially if the French win another couple of tournaments

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Absolutely amazing player and already one of biggest matchwinners in history of football, but I don't think I've seen many players at international level who care so little about defending. Not taking that from him since his attacking output is obviously worth it, but it's definitely interesting to see a player doing less defending than someone like Messi.
It definitely seems out of place and a genuine weakness in modern football - so many chances come from winning the ball in the opposition half, and he never contributes - but am I wrong to think that his idol Ronaldo was pretty similar, and it wasn’t that uncommon for elite #9s in previous eras?

Eli Zee

He's very good, as we all know. Very direct player.

you know what you get with him...great goal scorer.

Valencia Shin Crosses

It definitely seems out of place and a genuine weakness in modern football - so many chances come from winning the ball in the opposition half, and he never contributes - but am I wrong to think that his idol Ronaldo was pretty similar, and it wasn’t that uncommon for elite #9s in previous eras?
It's not uncommon, and Messi has had pathetic defensive work rate for years. CR7 did as well even in his prime.

Also, it's pretty clear that France set up for him to get the ball in space on the break, so he's never going to track back.

Boondog

Sheikh of Qatar had a few words in his ear. "I'm buying United, be ready to move to Manchester"
That would be something wouldn't it.

Re: him not playing defense he is of that quality offensively where he can get away with it. When you get that much scoring threat from a player sure, play defense when you want to. The problem with Ronaldo was that his skills had eroded but his ego was just as big as always. Well if he was the old Ronaldo things would have been a lot different with him and ten Hag.

All that aside I think ten Hag would get great overall play from him. I think he would have him work that part of his game and he would be even better. But of course this feels like a fairy tale type possibility, like it is so outlandish that it has zero chance of happening. Also and by the way he does have that shit-stirrer type risk to him too. So he is very risky.

croadyman

That would be something wouldn't it.

Re: him not playing defense he is of that quality offensively where he can get away with it. When you get that much scoring threat from a player sure, play defense when you want to. The problem with Ronaldo was that his skills had eroded but his ego was just as big as always. Well if he was the old Ronaldo things would have been a lot different with him and ten Hag.

All that aside I think ten Hag would get great overall play from him. I think he would have him work that part of his game and he would be even better. But of course this feels like a fairy tale type possibility, like it is so outlandish that it has zero chance of happening. Also and by the way he does have that shit-stirrer type risk to him too. So he is very risky.
Only Qataris makes this remotely possible

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
On one million a week at PSG. Has basically been handed the keys to the kingdom at PSG. Living in his home city.

He is not leaving all that for 'a challenge'. The packaged deal requited to get him would be insane.

Hughes35

Best player in the world now and quite comfortably IMO.

If he moves to England or Spain he will win several ballon d'or trophies in the next few years.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Considering how the future looks set for Mbappe vs Haaland competing to be the best player in the world, I think he has more advantages due to his NT being so strong and stable. And if we ever reached the point of Messi vs Ronaldo where international tournaments become a barometer then Mbappe will win it easily. Maybe Haaland will join another country?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not many people are going to be brave enough to hit a first time volley like that when he had time/space to control it.

Not sure where he was in the first 70 minutes, but he really came alive after that.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Not many people are going to be brave enough to hit a first time volley like that when he had time/space to control it.

Not sure where he was in the first 70 minutes, but he really came alive after that.
He was doubled and tripled marked. That's the issue with France midfield and why I don't and didn't rate it, the ball wasn't moved quickly enough, lines weren't broken which allowed Argentina or Morocco to bracket Mbappé and Dembélé. Tchouaméni in particular has been bad during this World Cup outside of that one goal.

After the penalty Argentina tried to play higher and left more space between the defense and midfield which allowed Mbappé and Kolo Muani to have more time and space.

saivet

Quite astonishing that a good number of fans on here were turning their nose at potentially signing him due to him being a prat. Some players are worth the baggage and he's one of them.

That said, we won't sign him but if there's even a 1% chance, it's got to be explored.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was doubled and tripled marked. That's the issue with France midfield and why I don't and didn't rate it, the ball wasn't moved quickly enough, lines weren't broken which allowed Argentina or Morocco to bracket Mbappé and Dembélé. Tchouaméni in particular has been bad during this World Cup outside of that one goal.

After the penalty Argentina tried to play higher and left more space between the defense and midfield which allowed Mbappé and Kolo Muani to have more time and space.
Fair points.

The introduction of Coman in particular really helped open the game up. Dribbling for me will always be the most important skill in football. You can pass x10 but if you can't break the line it's pointless.

Exactly why a young Messi was so key to the Pep Barca sides.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Fair points.

The introduction of Coman in particular really helped open the game up. Dribbling for me will always be the most important skill in football. You can pass x10 but if you can't break the line it's pointless.

Exactly why a young Messi was so key to the Pep Barca sides.
I value dribbling a lot, the ability to win your 1v1 battles is important at the top level but it wasn't the difference for Barcelona as Spain showed during the same period. The difference was Xavi ability to make the most ridiculous passes through the defense, the same applies to Xabi Alonso, Modric, kroos, Pirlo or Scholes. If you don't close space on these players they will break your midfield, if you close space on them they will exploit the space that you are leaving which can then be exploited by dribblers. The key is the line breaking passes.

Lynty

Never really liked him and felt he was a bit overated, but gotta give him credit - stepped up and proved he's a top top player.