Kylian Mbappe | Merci.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't think he will go to Real Madrid anymore.

Even though he is the best, Florentino will be focused on acquiring players like Endrick and Davies and build up a balanced squad around Bellingham and Vinicius.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Hard to see him going anywhere if it isn’t Madrid. He’s probably going to do this every year for more money out of PSG, then go to MLS when he’s 29 or something.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't think he will go to Real Madrid anymore.

Even though he is the best, Florentino will be focused on acquiring players like Endrick and Davies and build up a balanced squad around Bellingham and Vinicius.
You all put a lot of faith in Endrick, we don't know anything about how he handles la liga, Vinicius needed years before truly finding his feets, even if Endrick is the real deal i expect nothing different.

That is not to say i want Mbappe, he can feck off the EPL or stay in France for all i care, but we do need a striker, Joselu+Endrick will not suffice.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Mbappe has priced himself out of the market, i don't see Liverpool completely breaking their wage structure for him, so that leaves City, and...Newcastle? Newcastle is not there yet, may as well stay at PSG if that is his option.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
You all put a lot of faith in Endrick, we don't know anything about how he handles la liga, Vinicius needed years before truly finding his feets, even if Endrick is the real deal i expect nothing different.

That is not to say i want Mbappe, he can feck off the EPL or stay in France for all i care, but we do need a striker, Joselu+Endrick will not suffice.
It's not that all my faith is in him, it´s that Florentino doesn't have any other option but pursuing very young and talented players if he cannot attract a figure like Mbappe anymore. It's not just about Endrick. It's about Endrick, Rodrygo, Vinicius, Camavinga, Valverde and so on. If one of those players doesn't fit it, he still has the rest of them to build something solid.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Mbappe, Bellingham, Vini... Does it even matter who plays CF then? Any donkey will get 30-40 tap-ins just by existing in the vicinity of those 3.

But I bet they'll sign Haaland as the ultimate "feck you".

GlasgowCeltic

Hope Rodrygo doesn’t get pushed out, feel like he’s on the cusp of being brilliant, very fun player to watch

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It would be nice if every club just told him to feck off and refused to pay the stupid money he’s demanding.

Obviously won’t happen, but would be nice.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Hope Rodrygo doesn’t get pushed out, feel like he’s on the cusp of being brilliant, very fun player to watch
Rodrygo is a nice lad, content with playing out of position, despite potentially being a top 5 LF in the world elsewhere.

Yes, LF/LW was his position before RM, for those that don't know.

There sure isn't room for Mbappe, Vinicius and Rodrygo in the same squad though, not sure if Vinicius would slot in at RW as well as Rodrygo, so could well be him that goes.

Another reason to not want Mbappe at the club, he "can" play CF, but he doesn't want to, will cause positional troubles and ego struggles, hopefully he just renews or something, which i think he will.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
He's earning an insane amount of money which very few other clubs can match. Seems too comfortable to opt for a league where he will be under a completely different level of scrutiny. Still don't think he has the mentality for it, few have.

Matt007a

He’s gonna have to take a massive pay cut wherever he goes. Unless Madrid want to play him as a 9 then I’m not sure it’s worth it for them to push Vini out. Mbappe is better but not by such an amount that it’s worth breaking the bank and causing the headache over. Vinicius would talk into almost any team in the world as a left winger.

Isn’t he earning over a million a week at PSG? I mean realistically he’s going to have to take a pay cut of at least 50%, maybe more for a premier league club to be interested. Unless City sign him and pay him off the record like they already seem to do with other players/managers.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
If I were Real I'd only sign him on the understanding that I intended to play him up top in 90% of his games. It's the obvious place and he'd probably link up quite well with Bellingham and Vini anyway. He'd be a fool to say no if he cares about winning things.

RoyH1

Mbappe has priced himself out of the market, i don't see Liverpool completely breaking their wage structure for him, so that leaves City, and...Newcastle? Newcastle is not there yet, may as well stay at PSG if that is his option.
I think that's his problem. Him and his entourage have made so much money from the Qatar oil money that even if from a sporting accomplishment perspective he'd want to move, there really isn't anyone who can pay him half of what him and his parents are used to. Both Liverpool and Madrid have serious wage structures and like you say, Newcastle is not there yet.
That leaves City and Chelsea and maybe...if Sir Jim wants to make a massive statement..us. But all three possibilities are fraught with more cons than pros-

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
How anybody with legit wage budget ( so except City and PSG) can afford him? Real, like them or not, have also "normal" wage budget and restrictions as every other club have. This guy wants what? 50 mil per season with bonusses? He would cost them as Rodrygo, Jude, Luka and Vini together.
Real is too big to accept that shit.

daba

Greedy little man. Hope he never wins a CL or a Ballon d’or, fecks off to Saudi, earns even more money and retires from football early looking back on his career with a world of remorse. Yes he’s won a World Cup which is the ultimate team trophy to win for any player, but given his character, not winning a CL as well or a single ballon d’or will hurt him.

Fair enough going to PSG initially as they were in a promising position at that stage, but to stay there for as long as he has quite obviously just for the money and reject the chance to go win things at Real or to test himself in the Prem is a shame, and a clear indication of his motivation.

Surely there comes a point where earning €1m a week and winning nothing of substance compared to earning €500k a week and winning things, becoming a better player, creating a legacy, becoming renowned as one of the best ever is worth far far more.

If he was to move, I don’t want him at Real as that’s just boring now, I obviously don’t want him at City, and definitely not at the scousers. Due to our position and the current rebuilding stage I don’t think he should come here or that he would even consider it. Not that I want it to happen but Mbappe at Arsenal would be interesting, and would give City a real challenge and would allow the Mbappe v Haaland battle to take off.

That being said, my preference is for the greedy bastard to stay at PSG or sell himself even more to Saudi.

jadajos

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Football
How anybody with legit wage budget ( so except City and PSG) can afford him? Real, like them or not, have also "normal" wage budget and restrictions as every other club have. This guy wants what? 50 mil per season with bonusses? He would cost them as Rodrygo, Jude, Luka and Vini together.
Real is too big to accept that shit.
Yeah, seems like his only options are PSG, City or Saudi. I can picture it now: City get charged 111.000 Pounds for their 111 charges in the summer and announce having signed Mbappé „for free“ the next day.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Greedy little man. Hope he never wins a CL or a Ballon d’or, fecks off to Saudi, earns even more money and retires from football early looking back on his career with a world of remorse. Yes he’s won a World Cup which is the ultimate team trophy to win for any player, but given his character, not winning a CL as well or a single ballon d’or will hurt him.

Fair enough going to PSG initially as they were in a promising position at that stage, but to stay there for as long as he has quite obviously just for the money and reject the chance to go win things at Real or to test himself in the Prem is a shame, and a clear indication of his motivation.

Surely there comes a point where earning €1m a week and winning nothing of substance compared to earning €500k a week and winning things, becoming a better player, creating a legacy, becoming renowned as one of the best ever is worth far far more.

If he was to move, I don’t want him at Real as that’s just boring now, I obviously don’t want him at City, and definitely not at the scousers. Due to our position and the current rebuilding stage I don’t think he should come here or that he would even consider it. Not that I want it to happen but Mbappe at Arsenal would be interesting, and would give City a real challenge and would allow the Mbappe v Haaland battle to take off.

That being said, my preference is for the greedy bastard to stay at PSG or sell himself even more to Saudi.
Hope he stays at PSG to be honest, even if I don't want him to come to Real Madrid it would be a problem for us in the UCL if he were to join Manchester City or Liverpool.

RuudTom83

I’m not sure how it happened but I’m bored of Mbappe.

This entire transfer sage seems to have been going on for 3 years. Watching him in this years CL was a dull affair as well.

TheReligion

Abusive
Rodrygo is a nice lad, content with playing out of position, despite potentially being a top 5 LF in the world elsewhere.

Yes, LF/LW was his position before RM, for those that don't know.

There sure isn't room for Mbappe, Vinicius and Rodrygo in the same squad though, not sure if Vinicius would slot in at RW as well as Rodrygo, so could well be him that goes.

Another reason to not want Mbappe at the club, he "can" play CF, but he doesn't want to, will cause positional troubles and ego struggles, hopefully he just renews or something, which i think he will.
Hope he stays at PSG to be honest, even if I don't want him to come to Real Madrid it would be a problem for us in the UCL if he were to join Manchester City or Liverpool.
You have Endrick joining next year too right? Another forward? Granted he’s young but what would his pathway to play be?

Monks_United

Hope he goes to Real and PSG throw a $100 mil for Rashford. Win-Win for everyone

PS - I do think that he will end up playing upfront for Madrid in a fluid front three with Vini and Rodrygo and it could work and will be devastating if he signed.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
You have Endrick joining next year too right? Another forward? Granted he’s young but what would his pathway to play be?
He's very young so I would hope the club signs another forward. Have been reading stuff about Haaland and would like him to join us next summer as that would be the ideal scenario but to me it seems unlikely he will leave Manchester City anytime soon.

GlasgowCeltic

Hope he goes to Real and PSG throw a $100 mil for Rashford. Win-Win for everyone

PS - I do think that he will end up playing upfront for Madrid in a fluid front three with Vini and Rodrygo and it could work and will be devastating if he signed.
think 433 Valverde Camavinga Bellingham, Rodrygo Mbappe Vinicius is a phenomenal lineup on paper if they can all buy in

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
He's very young so I would hope the club signs another forward. Have been reading stuff about Haaland and would like him to join us next summer as that would be the ideal scenario but to me it seems unlikely he will leave Manchester City anytime soon.
Yeah, we shouldn't assume Haaland is coming here, imo.

Key players don't tend to leave top clubs, yet alone oil clubs.

By far the most likely scenario imo is Mbappe extending at PSG, Haaland doing the same at City.

If Haaland is available at some point, then that would be great, but that's a long shot, we need a real plan, other options.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

Given Mbappe's track record I believe no one will be surprised if he renews with PSG for another 100% wage increase and 100m signing bonus.

Monks_United

Given Mbappe's track record I believe no one will be surprised if he renews with PSG for another 100% wage increase and 100m signing bonus.
But they don’t need to do that when they could easily win the Ligue 1 title another 5 times with Rashford. PSG needs to be smart and throw money at United instead !

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
They might bring out Macron again to talk with him, if needed.