Kylian Mbappe | Merci.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Who can believe this? Sorry but I don't

I don’t think anyone in world football can match that “3 year contract” he signed at PSG with all those “loyalty” bonuses and renewal signing on bonus etc, so it is plausible. He might also get a massive sign on bonus with you - which could be factored in when accounting for lower wages?

Edit: should have said anyone in Europe, as Saudi could clearly offer him more :lol:

GlasgowCeltic

Hmm.

Vini-Mbappe-Rodrygo
——Jude——
Cama-Tchou

Could be an option. Or maybe:

Vini-Mbappe
Jude/Tchou/Cama/Valverde

A lot of options given the depth of midfield. Most likely Rodrygo will be benched I think. But Carlo usually finds a good solution for the team. Might change formations again.
Valverde will always play I think, Tchou should be benched but Ancelotti seems to favour him to Camavinga who’s the better player imo

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
More of a status symbol, PSG aren't big enough to have a future balón d'or winner
They are, actually, Mbappe got a 3rd place for the world cup alone, he probably wins it if France wins Euros in the summer, even if they somehow crash out vs Sociedad in UCL.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Considering he’s on about €1.4m/week pre-tax, I can believe it. Real was never going to pay that. Plus if it’s half his pre-tax pay, the difference in his net pay should be less than half since taxes are lower in Spain (right?). Either way, I’m sure he’ll be able to feed his family.
How he fits into the team, I’m not sure.

Nobody, least of all Mbappe, accepts such a wage drop.

He will renew, i just hope its a long contract this time.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I agree but it’s a bit strange with Vini and Rodrygo extending their contracts, Endrick joining and Bellingham playing so high up the pitch.
It‘d also be a bummer since I like the current Real and am annoyed by Mbappe.
I also think current Madrid is very likeable, but then I really enjoyed the McManaman/Makelele team too, but Madrid have no problem sidelining great players if it means making room for new toys. They won’t resist Mbappe and the manager won’t have a say in it.

I think he's the one who needs more that move rather the other way around. Then there's the fact we won't be paying him the absurdity he's receiving at PSG.
I think the current situation in Saudi is showing that money only goes so far when you are already mega rich.

Madrid won’t resist, it’s a statement of intent and they love that. The goal will be to pair him and Haaland in a few years time

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He's not that special so the elongated transfer drama is really becoming nauseating.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Fecking vultures :lol: Got a better shot at Rodrygo and even that is a very slim one.
In the unlikely case it happens, Vinicius is probably the one to go, Rodrygo can play several positions, i doubt Vinicius can do that.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
In the unlikely case it happens, Vinicius is probably the one to go, Rodrygo can play several positions, i doubt Vinicius can do that.
No way would Perez sell Vini anytime soon. I’d say Rodrygo more likely but again: doubt it.

The younglings will all stay. Modric is probably gone. Kroos maybe 1 more year.

Kroos is the one we have no replacement for, not sure Cama can fill that role.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
No way would Perez sell Vini anytime soon. I’d say Rodrygo more likely but again: doubt it.

The younglings will all stay. Modric is probably gone. Kroos maybe 1 more year.

Kroos is the one we have no replacement for, not sure Cama can fill that role.
It would be very crowded upfront imo. Mbappe, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Endrick, Joselu, Brahim, Guler... It is hard to allocate roles with so many players and Bellingham tends to play behind two forwards most of the time. This season we are seeing rotations mostly due to injuries, but in other circumstances it would be very hard to handle.

Rodrygo's advantage is that he can play in all positions upfront and that's a very handy player to have for every manager. But if both Mbappe and Endrick finally go to Madrid I fear someone will have to leave.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
It would be very crowded upfront imo. Mbappe, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Endrick, Joselu, Brahim, Guler... It is hard to allocate roles with so many players and Bellingham tends to play behind two forwards most of the time. This season we are seeing rotations mostly due to injuries, but in other circumstances it would be very hard to handle.

Rodrygo's advantage is that he can play in all positions upfront and that's a very handy player to have for every manager. But if both Mbappe and Endrick finally go to Madrid I fear someone will have to leave.
Brahim is a bench option. Joselu will only stay for 1 more year. Guler seems a misfire and might be loaned. Even with all that Vini is our best player in form and we ain’t selling him. No way.

If we stick to the 442, Rodrygo will be benched.

If we go back to a 433, Rodrygo will most likely still be benched and Valverde gets the RW spot.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Valverde will always play I think, Tchou should be benched but Ancelotti seems to favour him to Camavinga who’s the better player imo
I kinda want all our midfielders to play. Tchou, Cama, Fede, Jude should always be in the starting 11. So leaves 2 forwards which I guess will be Vini and Mbappe if he comes.

I also want Kroos in there :lol: Papa Perez should get them to change the rules for 12 players.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I do think peoples perception of him is a bit warped because he's at PSG - he is one of the best players in the world. Yes the saga is boring, but I genuinely think he wanted to be a success at PSG. I don't see how this is much different to say Harry Kane at Spurs.

stepic

The sudden downplaying of mbappe’s obvious talent in this thread is weird. He’s obviously class and every club in the world would love to have him

RoyH1

Considering he’s on about €1.4m/week pre-tax, I can believe it. Real was never going to pay that. Plus if it’s half his pre-tax pay, the difference in his net pay should be less than half since taxes are lower in Spain (right?). Either way, I’m sure he’ll be able to feed his family.
How he fits into the team, I’m not sure.
Not that much lower. He'd clearly going down in salary A LOT. That said, he'd still be one of the best paid players in European football.

I still don't think this is going to happen. Mbappé's family and entourage has a lot of say in his decision making and losing that much money might not sit well with them. Plus in Madrid he'd have to share the spotlight with Vinicius and specially Bellingham who's really turning into the golden boy of football.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I do think peoples perception of him is a bit warped because he's at PSG - he is one of the best players in the world. Yes the saga is boring, but I genuinely think he wanted to be a success at PSG. I don't see how this is much different to say Harry Kane at Spurs.
Didn't Macron step in one year and basically stop him from leaving as word was Qatari was going to pull investment.

I find it pretty tedious and I love watching him as a player.

Guess the compromise is he plays for France Olympic team and wins that so following on from the Euros it will disrupt his start at Real Madrid a little.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Didn't Macron step in one year and basically stop him from leaving as word was Qatari was going to pull investment.

I find it pretty tedious and I love watching him as a player.

Guess the compromise is he plays for France Olympic team and wins that so following on from the Euros it will disrupt his start at Real Madrid a little.
There were rumours of that, how true that all is I imagine will be saved for the autobiography.

I do get it, but I guess it's more an indication of frustration of never truly knowing his potential. The downplaying as @stepic says is strange.

antk

The guy is already 10th all-time in CL knockout goals and 6th all-time in WC goals at barely 25. I think he'd cope with playing against Getafe or Luton Town.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's not that special so the elongated transfer drama is really becoming nauseating.
He’s only the best player in the world. I know it doesn’t feel like much given he’s playing week in week out in the French league and needs to start building a legacy in an elite league - but when it comes down to pure quality post Messi and Ronaldo, he’s clearly a level ahead of the next generation and will instantly (or soon enough after) be Madrid’s best player, naturally.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Who can believe this? Sorry but I don't

So by most accounts the PSG deal is:
€72M gross salary
€180M signing fee, paid in 3 installments
Loyalty bonuses of €70M, €80M and €90M to be paid after the end of the summer window each year. He's reportedly forgoing the €80M they had to pay him this season, and the 90M for next season by leaving the contract

Last I heard, Mbappé's camp demanded €50M gross in salary plus €120M in signing fee - slightly less than our offer from 2022

Our offer is ~30-35M € - same wages as Vini. No signing fee, no loyalty bonuses, no nothing. Just that

We're not gonna sign him, don't worry

Hmm.

Vini-Mbappe-Rodrygo
——Jude——
Cama-Tchou

Could be an option. Or maybe:

Vini-Mbappe
Jude/Tchou/Cama/Valverde

A lot of options given the depth of midfield. Most likely Rodrygo will be benched I think. But Carlo usually finds a good solution for the team. Might change formations again.
Valverde starts and Kroos too if we convince him to stay on another year. Probably Rodrygo would be the one to lose out in this scenario. Also Brahim would be sold and chances are we'd loan out Guler too. Too many players otherwise. Plus we need to sign defenders :mad:
That's the one thing that might see Flo unseated actually. NOBODY would accept that

MiceOnMeth

He's already outdid Henry at international and champions league level. He'd demolish the premier league in similar fashion to Titi.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
Our offer is ~30-35M € - same wages as Vini. No signing fee, no loyalty bonuses, no nothing. Just that
This is an absurd offer (unless its after tax and even then its laughable). Its almost certain its not true.
Haaland is on 850k/week including bonuses + signing/agent fees paid to his family.

If this is actually the offer then I don't see him joining Madrid.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This is an absurd offer (unless its after tax and even then its laughable). Its almost certain its not true.
Haaland is on 850k/week including bonuses + signing/agent fees paid to his family.

If this is actually the offer then I don't see him joining Madrid.
If he wants money he stays at PSG, simple as that. They'll buy a chunk of France and gift it to him. He wants Madrid, he comes at Madrid's conditions. He had his chances to come at his conditions and decided not to. We don't actually need *him*, and have enough money to take a serious crack at Haaland anyways

He wants monster wages at Madrid, he'd have to earn those at Madrid

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That's the one thing that might see Flo unseated actually. NOBODY would accept that
What if Vini pushes for it? Every week I see some form of discrimination levelled against him by rival fans and or the media in Spain.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What if Vini pushes for it? Every week I see some form of discrimination levelled against him by rival fans and or the media in Spain.
That's a different story. If Vini wants out he'd be sold and nobody would hold it against Flo i don't think. If the discrimination is the reason

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Years ago I would be very excited about the news but nowadays I see it as a routine every summer.
I see him as an element that can break the harmony and that because of the expectation it will take away the emerging leadership of Bellingham.
I would prefer that they keep the current team and slowly introduce Endrick.
In any case when he says, if he finally does, that he wants to come, when there is a mega presentation, when I see him arrive in the team without dynamiting the current atmosphere, I will definitely change my way of thinking.

Part of me dreams of Mbappe confirming his departure, taking his signing for granted and then a comunicado oficial denying everything and throwing the signing away.
@giorno , selling Brahim or loaning Guler wouldn't fix anything. They are bench players. The problem is to diminish the status of a player who has already acquired it, and obviously Rodrygo has all the cards.

JuriM

Vini Jr - Mbappe - Rodrygo
Bellingham Arda
Tchouameni

On paper that works, also can swift in Camavinga for Arda if need more steel in the midfield. One thing is how to make Mbappe work defensively as hard as Benzema used to do.

redshaw

I look forward to see what PSG will offer him next

Money isn't everything but no normal club can reach what the state clubs can do with extra fees, bonuses and other incentives.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He’s only the best player in the world. I know it doesn’t feel like much given he’s playing week in week out in the French league and needs to start building a legacy in an elite league - but when it comes down to pure quality post Messi and Ronaldo, he’s clearly a level ahead of the next generation and will instantly (or soon enough after) be Madrid’s best player, naturally.
Hes not on messi or Ronaldo's level and his club impact is nowhere near those two either so yes I do find it annoying.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Last I heard, Mbappé's camp demanded €50M gross in salary plus €120M in signing fee - slightly less than our offer from 2022

We're not gonna sign him, don't worry
If he wants to come I would offer the same wages of the last deal and that's it. Like I've already mentioned previously Real Madrid is bigger than him and I suspect he's only chasing a salary bump in PSG.

MegadrivePerson

The guy is already 10th all-time in CL knockout goals and 6th all-time in WC goals at barely 25. I think he'd cope with playing against Getafe or Luton Town.
Mbappe is one of the best players on Earth, on his day, probably THE best currently.

Anyone suggesting otherwise is being a bit silly imo.
He's 25 years old and he's never played in a league higher than the 4th/5th best in Europe.

If he wants to become an all time great player he needs to prove himself at a higher level than that!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's 25 years old and he's never played in a league higher than the 4th/5th best in Europe.

If he wants to become an all time great player he needs to prove himself at a higher level than that!
Top goalscorer at the WC and hat-trick in the final not enough for you to be comfortable he'd be fine?

MegadrivePerson

Top goalscorer at the WC and hat-trick in the final not enough for you to be comfortable he'd be fine?
Nope.

The world cup is not a high standard anymore.

The likes of Harry Maguire and Sofyan Amrabat looked like world beaters at the world cup!

Consider what Messi and Ronaldo had achieved at club level by the age of 25. Mbappe is not even close!

Oranges038

Nope.

The world cup is not a high standard anymore.

The likes of Harry Maguire and Sofyan Amrabat looked like world beaters at the world cup!

Consider what Messi and Ronaldo had achieved at club level by the age of 25. Mbappe is not even close!
Well in fairness lots of players have looked like world beaters at the world cup right throughout history and been less than stellar at club level.

Mbappe really sold himself short by joining PSG when he did, PSG owners were never going to want to give up one of the most popular players in the world. So they've offered him everything he wants to stay. Winning the French league every year with a state funded team in a mickey mouse league, is never going to get him enough credit, even though he's already won the world cup and played/scored in 2 finals.

Hopefully he's finally decided that being challenged and playing for a bigger and better team is more important than all the money Qatar can throw at him.

antk

Do you think the PL has higher standards than the CL knockout games?

MegadrivePerson

Do you think the PL has higher standards than the CL knockout games?
Yes, because the CL knockout games are only six fixtures against three teams!

On this point though, Mbappe was anonymous against Bayern in the last 16 last season, couldn't do enough against Madrid at the same stage the year before, so you'd have to go back at least two seasons to try and make this argument anyway!

MegadrivePerson

Ultimately, If you want to be considered a top European player in this day and age, you need to be showing it in either the Premier League, La Liga or the Bundesliga at a push.

Alpha 1

Ultimately, If you want to be considered a top European player in this day and age, you need to be showing it in either the Premier League, La Liga or the Bundesliga at a push.
Bundesliga (like French and Portuguese leagues) only counts if you do it in Europe or if you manage to shine outside Bayern.