Kylian Mbappe | Merci.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I'm sorry but you have no idea how Florentino Perez and Real Madrid operate. For them Mbappe is a strategic signing and it has nothing to do with vanity. They need him not only on the pitch but above all, as a franchise player. They can buy him for 200m and they will recoup that money in 3, 4 years from their sponsors. Mbappe for them is actually cheaper than players like Osimhen.

Florentino didn't negotiate Zidane's transfer fee. He just asked Juve how much. He says that if you have some strategic asset for the company or a player for a team the price is not important. The most important thing is the possibility to buy it.
You contradict yourself. If recouping money is an aspect (as it obviously is) than the price matters.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They probably saw enough when he was at Seville.
Totally forgot he went there. Christ his unveiling was done with a message from R9 :lol: feck sake, I almost feel we should apologise to them

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Real Madrid doesn't really need him when they have Vinicius Jr. I was always a bit confused by this transfer drama.

It always looked to me just like a convenience, vanity of biggest club in the world(Real Madrid) having the best player, biggest star in world(Mbappe). Like it has to happen - just because it's "natural". Like Lakers having Lebron. Not necessarily because it makes a lot of sense tactically. He's only slightly better than Vinicius.

Real Madrid should instead splash the cash on true centre-forward, Osimhen. Or try to poach Haaland from City, but i imagine that wouldn't be easy. Maybe even Alvarez from City, he could be good enough and tired of being a backup to Haaland - he's definitely too good for that. Kane ship has sailed, but he's probably too old for what they want, anyway.
I speak under correction but I believe Haaland has a release clause in his city contract which kicks in, in year 3 or something.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Really? What did he say?
“Hi Martial, how are you? Welcome to La Liga and Sevilla! This is a big club in Spain and a big club in Europe,” Ronaldo said.

“They have incredible fans and play in a fantastic city. So I wish you all the best, and hopefully I’ll see you soon. Big hug, best of luck.”

He appeared by video link and Martial was close to tears.

Plastic Evra

We're down to reading tea leaves here but Mbappé seemed genuinely elated to celebrate his two goals tonight and so was the rest of the team... So he's staying ?
Will be interesting to see if PSG continues to pursue RKM.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
“Hi Martial, how are you? Welcome to La Liga and Sevilla! This is a big club in Spain and a big club in Europe,” Ronaldo said.

“They have incredible fans and play in a fantastic city. So I wish you all the best, and hopefully I’ll see you soon. Big hug, best of luck.”

He appeared by video link and Martial was close to tears.
Fortunate to not be blinded….

Zed is not dead

Just came back from the stadium. Huge ovation from the crowd for Mbappe.

However even with two goals, he didn’t have a great game from what I saw. He made almost no runs (and Lens played quite a high line), didn’t defend much, and was very selfish on several occasions where he could have laid it off to a teammate.

And yet, as often, he still scores.

On a sidenote, I really loved Zaire Emery. That kid’s a fighter (and he also came to chant with the fans at the end of the game)

wr8_utd

:'(

However even with two goals, he didn’t have a great game from what I saw. He made almost no runs (and Lens played quite a high line), didn’t defend much, and was very selfish on several occasions where he could have laid it off to a teammate.

On a sidenote, I really loved Zaire Emery. That kid’s a fighter (and he also came to chant with the fans at the end of the game)
I watched the match and is in his defense, there really is no one anymore to spot his runs. He might have played his role in having Neymar and Messi (?) kicked out of the club (if you believe the tabloids i.e.) but he'll most definitely miss those two players who could pick out his runs. Especially Messi who would pretty much primarily look for Mbappe on all occasions. With Dembele and their current players, they really don't have anyone who can play those through balls or Mbappe with a quick pass behind the defense so you might see lesser output from him.

Zed is not dead

I watched the match and is in his defense, there really is no one anymore to spot his runs. He might have played his role in having Neymar and Messi (?) kicked out of the club (if you believe the tabloids i.e.) but he'll most definitely miss those two players who could pick out his runs. Especially Messi who would pretty much primarily look for Mbappe on all occasions. With Dembele and their current players, they really don't have anyone who can play those through balls or Mbappe with a quick pass behind the defense so you might see lesser output from him.
Agree that they lack creativity.
But there were lots of moments where Marquinhos for instance and Mbappe could have just made the run for a long ball (similar to what we’ve seen Lindelof do a few times with Rashford last season).

But even saying that he still manages to score

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid

So just fully transitioning into becoming Ronaldo?

wr8_utd

:'(
I think he's still some way away from that because he still tries multiple dribbles every game and has the pace to blast past his full backs and he's most definitely not just hanging around the penalty box looking for goals yet.

Zed is not dead

Yup. Just like Rashford too
It’s this new breed of « moment’s players » who won’t do much during game but wait for a highlight worthy play to come ans score a goal or do something spectacular.

Not a big fan as it takes away from the collective but I guess it’s the game now

Plastic Evra

No, he signed an extension, I suspect he’ll be here at Utd once Sheikh Jassim completes his takeover, no way Qatar are letting an asset like that out of their control.
He didn't sign an extension yet. He's back on the first team and playing. It does seem likely there's some sort of understanding or deal in place and he should not be leaving this summer.
Grapevine is that Mbappé and his entourage might still be loud throughout the year. Consensus is that he loves the attention.

Mbappé was also possibly considered for the armband along Marco Verratti, Presnel Kimpembe, Danilo Pereira and Marquinhos (the current captain, 3 years in the role inherited from Thiago Silva). The latter was confirmed in a double vote (show of hands then an anonymous ballot) by the squad. Gossip is that management wouldn't have minded a "new personality getting it to give a fresh start" or something like that, hence why they held the vote twice ? You'd be forgiven thinking maybe a certain star forward would be favoured by higher ups...

Edit : Verratti and Marquinhos have been here for a decade or so and are both very close of becoming the players with most appearances for PSG ever. Kimpembe has been at PSG since 2005 and is a local lad. Danilo I'm not sure why, maybe he's a big man in the locker room ?

Last edited:

Brightonian

It’s this new breed of « moment’s players » who won’t do much during game but wait for a highlight worthy play to come ans score a goal or do something spectacular.

Not a big fan as it takes away from the collective but I guess it’s the game now
Rashford was a consistent attacking threat and involved in a lot of our best play throughout against Forest. His assist was an effective, unspectacular 'bread and butter' job. What are you talking about?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
No, he signed an extension, I suspect he’ll be here at Utd once Sheikh Jassim completes his takeover, no way Qatar are letting an asset like that out of their control.
He did? Do you have a source for that?

RoyH1

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
https://m.tuttomercatoweb.com/calci...-privata-decisivo-il-lavoro-di-campos-1870345

I hope this ends Perez obsession once and for all. Should have done so last year but here we are.
This does not say that he signed an extension as the poster claimed.

That crappy article states:
"He could even renew his contract."
"He could extend his contract for another two seasons, with a "private" clause for next summer, even if it's not technically allowed in France."

It is just wild speculation.

Oranges038

This does not say that he signed an extension as the poster claimed.

That crappy article states:
"He could even renew his contract."
"He could extend his contract for another two seasons, with a "private" clause for next summer, even if it's not technically allowed in France."

It is just wild speculation.
It's football silly season.

Wild speculation - Facts = Hysterical Idiots

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
It's football silly season.

Wild speculation - Facts = Hysterical Idiots
Tbf I only replied with that link as it is the only ‘source’ I had seen regarding an extension that other poster claimed.

Either way, hopefully this ends in 2024 one way or another.

0le

I am curious to know why you use the symbols "«" and "»". Is it an autocorrect gone wrong?

Zed is not dead

Aren't moments players just good old fashioned forwards by another name ?
Could be the good old fox in the box, but on the wings Instead of centrally.
My point was just that we see more forwards that don’t really get involved in the overall game, that can disappear but will popup for an assist or a goal, with quite selfish games.
It’s okay when it’s a center forward because you generally have at least 2 CMs and 2 CBs covering behind him, but it’s more dangerous when it’s a player on the wing because there’s virtually only the fullback covering

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I won’t be comfortable unless he is already at Madrid by the time Salah is sold for record money.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Liverpool can't afford his wages, never mind any signing on fee or transfer fee.

If Liverpool sell Salah, they need to improve their defence.
Nobody can afford Mbappe’s wages if we go by existing wage structures. Nobody routinely pays their players 700k per week. He is an exception and any team that signs him will make him one, including Liverpool if it were them.

He also has no contract in 9 months.