Kylian Mbappe | PSG

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Raul did finish second in the Ballon D'or in 2001, behind Owen. Arguably should have won it that year.
I'm not saying he wasn't a great player in his own right, but that doesn't mean you would ever consider him in the top 3 players of his era.

Rossa

Rashford is the only inconsistent top young player. The likes of Haaland and Mbappe show consistently incredible skills at such high levels week in week out. Never plays poorly!

Djemba-Djemba

Rashford is the only inconsistent top young player. The likes of Haaland and Mbappe show consistently incredible skills at such high levels week in week out. Never plays poorly!
Exactly.

If Rashford had put in Mbappes performance tonight or either of Haalands against City there would be plenty on here calling him Rashford and wanting him sold.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Was he fully fit?

He was non-existent.
He didn't get any service.

The City backline denied him through balls and that one point he looked through, Ederson came out to sweep. And he's not the type to receive the ball in midfield and dribble through like Messi.

More disappointed in Neymar.

Eddy_JukeZ

The City backline denied him through balls and that one point he looked through, Ederson came out to sweep. And he's not the type to receive the ball in midfield and dribble through like Messi.

Not expecting him to come deep and create, but even in possession during periods of dominance for PSG, he didn't look good today.

mshnsh

He is a player who relies on his pace more than anything else. The reason why he shone vs Barcelona is because he was facing the likes of Pique and Lenglet: David vs Goliath when it comes to speed.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
He's only 22, has 170 goals already and is alreadly a WC winner. Even if PSG doesn't when win the champions league this year, he's still got a good shot at winning the Ballon D'or if he has a good euros and France win it. I agree he relies a lot on his pace, but there is nothing wrong with that when it's one of your strongest assests.

Mike Smalling

Thought he had a couple of really good moments, but for large parts of the game he didn't have an impact. Just goes to show that even the best forwards need service. PSG couldn't get out of their own half after the break, and did not play good deep balls for Mbappe to chase. What exactly was he supposed to do?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Anything in this? We know Mbappe wants to leave PSG for Real Madrid (apparently) but why would SAF be going to meet with the PSG president?

Mike Smalling

Anything in this? We know Mbappe wants to leave PSG for Real Madrid (apparently) but why would SAF be going to meet with the PSG president?

Also, SAF apparently has a good relationship with Pochettino. Might just have been wishing him good luck.

Jaxa

I don't think he's signing that new contract which will be hilarious if PSG lose him on a free after forking out 180m ,

Unfortunately I can only see Mbappe at Real Madrid, it seems written in the stars at this point but it will be a good move for his career, he'll never win the Balon d'OR at PSG unless they win the UCL and they just seem to always slip away at the last hurdle in that competition.

Last edited:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I'm not saying he wasn't a great player in his own right, but that doesn't mean you would ever consider him in the top 3 players of his era.
Probably not - his peak coincides with Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Zidane and Figo. So he's hovering in the top 5-10 category across a 5-year period. But distilling it down I think around 2001-2002 he'd be in the top 3 and was unlucky not to win a Ballon D'Or. He was chosen 3 times in the European Sports Magazines Team of the Year which I'd suggest reflects his status as one of the best players in the world for a number of years.

For what it's worth, Benzema still hasn't made that European team. I'm not sure he has a compelling case to be a top 5-10 player over a 5-year period either, perhaps slightly lower. If you compare their Ballon D'Or rankings - not always the best judge, but for attackers who both played for Real and won multiple Champions Leagues their vote-winning appeal is much the same - there's quite a stark contrast. Raul has been 2nd, 7th, 7th, 7th, 9th, 9th. Benzema's highest finish was 16th and he spent most of his career hovering around the 20th mark.

To me Raul suffers from peaking early and experiencing a long down-trend to his career. He burst onto the scene at 17, quickly became one of the best forwards around, maintained that level till 25, and then faded for a number of years thereafter. Much like Rooney we sometimes remember the more recent diluted and physically diminished version, rather than the earlier explosive talent who the top defenders could not handle. He was hugely influential in all 3 of Real's Champions League wins, adapting to play different roles in each one, and a fairly regular feature in people's world XIs from 1997 to 2003.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
I don't think he's signing that new contract which will be hilarious if PSG lose him on a free after forking out 180m for him,

Unfortunately I can only see him at Real Madrid, it seems written in the stars at this point but it will be a good move for him and his career, he'll never win the Balon d'OR at PSG unless they win the UCL and they just seem to always slip away at the last hurdle in that competition.
I also think Mbappe will go to Madrid and I think he’ll be a big success there

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Allegedly - he gave PSG's team a talk prior to the match. Probably doing a favour for Pochettino. Didn't go too well, unfortunately!

Zoo

The French press will smell blood now. He’ll bounce back.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Flop of the tournament confirmed now. Awful in all of it.