Kylian Mbappe | PSG

Acole9

Outstanding
Most boring transfer saga of all time, this lad has done nothing in the game.

Baxter

Italian teams do this all the time with no punishment, albeit not with a £150m transfer.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Making an agreement to buy a player this summer and structuring it so you don't actually finalize the transaction until a year or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 year because you can't comply with FFP if it shows up in your balance sheet for the current window is an obvious and blatant circumvention of the rule.
Why? The rule says you can't spend more than you generate. If another club is fine with structuring a deal like this, where's the problem? Loans have existed for a long time, there's nothing wrong with it.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@Ecstatic even beyong the money, look at the player we signed that summer: cristiano was not only one of the two best players in the world and the 2008 BoD winner, he was already widely regarded as a top 10/20 all time. Kaka was the BoD 2007 and regarded as a top 3-5 player still. And we did all that despite bleeding money and needing huge bank loans with laughable interest rates

What you're doing now is child's play compared to that ;)
Childish I'd say :)

Hoof the ball

Most boring transfer saga of all time, this lad has done nothing in the game.
I wouldn't say that. In his one full season he's :-

- Scored 26 goals in all competitions, a great portion of them whilst still 17.
- Scored 15 in 17 full starts (12 subs) in Ligue 1
- Scored 6 in 6 in Champions League
- Highest goals per game ration of scoring

What more would you expect him to do in his first full season at 17?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
And it's nonsense to believe they're generating the revenue they claim to begin with.
Well that's another story. Still, rules state pretty clearly that money generated through owners/owners affiliations must represent market value and can't in any case represent more than 30% of total revenue(minus sales of players). So unless UEFA have been looking the other way all along, this isn't an issue at the moment

Hamadovich86

This kid is the real deal like I've said many times. The price is absolutely crazy and I don't think PSG is the right move for him in a footballing sense. That said, credit to PSG for selling their "project" to such top talent. It helps having an infinite supply of cash from a country that's desperate to have a global impact.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I soooo want to play them in CL now. SF of final please. Such a great team this is shaping up to be, another true challenger

@Ecstatic @BBRBB congratulations, enjoy this moment. It's not like winning back to back CL titles, but it's pretty good:lol::wenger::D:p:angel::cool:;)

Acole9

Outstanding
I wouldn't say that. In his one full season he's :-

- Scored 26 goals in all competitions, a great portion of them whilst still 17.
- Scored 15 in 17 full starts (12 subs) in Ligue 1
- Scored 6 in 6 in Champions League
- Highest goals per game ration of scoring

What more would you expect him to do in his first full season at 17?
It's still only one season though, foolish to judge a player on one season.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Has PSG actually sold anyone yet?
Matuidi
Aurier

I soooo want to play them in CL now. SF of final please. Such a great team this is shaping up to be, another true challenger

@Ecstatic @BBRBB congratulations, enjoy this moment. It's not like winning back to back CL titles, but it's pretty good:lol::wenger::D:p:angel::cool:;)
Yeah bored of playing always against Barcelona like you against Dortmund!

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
:drool::drool::drool: M'bapp just scored with France

Last edited:

MiceOnMeth

Quickly becoming my favorite non United player. There's just something about him that makes you want to watch him and cheer him on when he gets on the ball.

Vanya

Thats not an easy finish to put it right in the corner with such ease. Havent seen many 18 y.o. play with such confidence. Amazing !

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Mbappe already has more goals than both Ronaldo and Messi when they were the same age.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

Great times indeed! We should meet a few times in the CL in the next 10 years, hopefully in Kiev in may. :angel: Should be pretty good games. :drool:

I reckon Mbappé will take over the striker spot from Cavani sooner rather than later. Probably next season.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Real Madrid was a child in 2009

Cristiano Ronaldo (96 M€), Ballon D'or
Kaka (64 M€), Ballon D'or
Benzema (35 M€),
Xabi Alonso (30 M€),
Raul Albiol (15 M€),
Negredo (5 M€),
Granero (5 M€),
Arbeloa (4 M€).
Total : 254 M€ 8 years ago

The player doesn't want to go abroad and renew his contract.

Monaco had to choose between 180 millions now or less than 100 millions next year (1 remaining year of contract, potential injuries or poor season..)

He's 18: he will have the opportunity to change of clubs in his career.

They make the Ligue 1 more attractive and competitive.

It's not a French phenomenon. Italian clubs like Milan AC and Inter have recently been acquired by investors from Asia. English clubs were pioneers.

The Bundesliga clubs can't be acquired by foreigners if my memories are good.

PSG will decrease its investments in the future for sure

Yeah, will very fun to see Real Madrid winning the Champions League once again.
I'm not a PSG fan, but I do agree with everything you have stated.
We are seeing some serious sour grapes (envy, jealousy) on this forum.

Hoof the ball

Mbappe reminds me more of Brasilian Ronaldo at 17/18 rather than Rooney at same age. Whilst Rooney did have explosiveness and directness, he didn't have the ball control and technique of Mbappe. Nostalgic eyes will always exercise a touch of historical revision when it comes to these things, but I've re-watched quite a bit of the old Rooney stuff from Everton/United early days and you can clearly see the same level of technique and close control then in comparison to the Rooney of maturity. With Rooney, his explosion, acceleration and directness were standout. Mbappe is more akin to the Brasilian. Similar physical traits and similar technical ones. I'd say Ronaldo slightly edges it, but Mbappe is ahead of Rooney as far as technical ability is concerned.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'm not a PSG fan, but I do agree with everything you have stated.
We are seeing some serious sour grapes (envy, jealousy) on this forum.
Why do people always bring up the jealousy card when a plastique club gets criticised or disliked? I can only speak for myself but I never want my club to be run like PSG, even if it would mean having far superior players on the pitch. I rather have my club lose it´s best player every single season and only have a fraction of their trophies in the cabinet than to be run like that.

The reason for that is that as a supporter the emotional pay off (still the most prominent thing for me that keeps me in this rather corrupt sport) of victories and titles would feel rather hollow. For the lack of a better word, they would not feel earned. PSG does not need to do a better job than others to have success: they don´t need to scout better, develop better, strategise better or negotiate better. There is no thrill in the decisions involved as the margin of error is nearly completely erased. They just get handed ridiculous amounts of cash every Summer by basically being bankrolled by a nation. They simply win the lottery every Summer and at the end of the day I will have far more respect for a selfmade millionaire than a person who just picked the right numbers and got lucky.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Chelsea and Citeh are one thing, but PSG has just taken it to a whole different level.

It all just feels very hollow, I understand the fans are giddy but still there is so much wrong with this.

Only little benefit I can see from this is the Spanish two not having first dibs on all the stars anymore, since PSG will swoop in and double the offer and triple the salary.

Perhaps the duopoly of the Spanish two being threatened is what UEFA finally needs to start making FFP real, they can't have their two favourites in Spain losing out.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
@Ecstatic even beyong the money, look at the player we signed that summer: cristiano was not only one of the two best players in the world and the 2008 BoD winner, he was already widely regarded as a top 10/20 all time.
No, he really wasn't.

Josep Dowling

The real question I want to know if how France keep producing all these top quality players yet England, which has a larger population, can't!

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Why do people always bring up the jealousy card when a plastique club gets criticised or disliked? I can only speak for myself but I never want my club to be run like PSG, even if it would mean having far superior players on the pitch. I rather have my club lose it´s best player every single season and only have a fraction of their trophies in the cabinet than to be run like that.

The reason for that is that as a supporter the emotional pay off (still the most prominent thing for me that keeps me in this rather corrupt sport) of victories and titles would feel rather hollow. For the lack of a better word, they would not feel earned. PSG does not need to do a better job than others to have success: they don´t need to scout better, develop better, strategise better or negotiate better. There is no thrill in the decisions involved as the margin of error is nearly completely erased. They just get handed ridiculous amounts of cash every Summer by basically being bankrolled by a nation. They simply win the lottery every Summer and at the end of the day I will have far more respect for a selfmade millionaire than a person who just picked the right numbers and got lucky.
Your club got bought by an American billionaire and you've broken the world record fee last year getting one of the best midfielder that a lot of clubs wanted by paying extra. You don't get to judge other clubs just because an American got to you before a Saudi/Qatari/Russian/etc.