Kylian Mbappe | PSG

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Are you kidding? No. Mbappé was great in two games so far. Ronaldo was unplayable all tournament

He's a phenom though and while i'm not sure he's ever going to reach Ronaldo's heights(which only like 4 other players ever reached tbf) he's very clearly going to be unbelievable over the next decade. Flo should offer acs to Qatar for him:lol:
There should have been riots in Madrid last season when Perez passed up on signing him because he asked for too much money.

He had a worse season with PSG than he did with Monaco and a lot of that is due to him thriving when there's space in behind and not really having enough threats when defenses sit deep. Which is why he was better against Belgium and Argentina than against Uruguay, young players usually improve because their decision making gets better but with Mbappe that isn't a problem.

To become even better he needs to become a more complete player and be threatening more often when teams sit deep. That's the next step for him, if he's able to take it he's going to become a monster. If not, he'll stil terrorize defenses for at least a decade and become the best player in the world at some point. It's terrifying to think he's 19 years old.

Treble

Man Ronaldo was ridiculous in that World Cup. Best player of the tournament by far, best player for Brazil in every game bar Denmark(where Rivaldo was their best) and the final which we all know now what happened...

Mbappé's performance tonight was as good as Ronaldo against Denmark -his worst game of that tournament aside from the final. And this was Mbappé second best game
That was a semi final though.

I said 'comparable', not 'of the same quality". I meant that there isn't a significant gap in quality, not that the quality is the same. Let's see the final though. A memorable performance with a winning goal would make the comparison less controversial.

predator

Youth NITK
It remains to be seen just how monstrous and one offish Messi and Ronaldo were, until they've long retired. I think Mbappe is the best bet in modern football to challenge them to the title of being the 'goat'. Scary thing is the fact he is only 19, if he maintains his form then he will have one hell of a career, if he expotentially improves and chooses a good club then we may have something very special to witness for the next 15 years.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That was a semi final though.

I said 'comparable', not 'of the same quality". I meant that there isn't a significant gap in quality, not that the quality is the same. Let's see the final though. A memorable performance with a winning goal would make the comparison less controversial.
Do you remember the kind of game Ronaldo played in the semifinal against Holland? Come on.

Of course, he repeats the Argentina game in the final, it's another story

@Peyroteo a big reason why he's only been dangerous in space is because of the position he's been asked to play. He's always staying very wide and that prevents him from getting into the box and be a threat there as much as he could. Was the same story with PSG. I've seen him play in the middle for France and Monaco and he can already be very dangerous against set defences with little space to operate in. Look at his first goal against argentina

Hoof the ball

What's this about Mbappé and Neymar/Alves bullying at PsG that's doing the rounds?
https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/10/kyli...neymar-treatment-paris-saint-germain-7698751/

The report claims that Neymar and Dani Alves have joked about Mbappe’s appearance and refer to him by his nickname ‘Donatello’ as they believe he resembles the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon character.

It’s also claimed that the Brazilian duo have insinuated to Mbappe that he replies too heavily on his speed, rather than his ability with the ball.

Eddy_JukeZ

What's this about Mbappé and Neymar/Alves bullying at PsG that's doing the rounds?
https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/10/kyli...neymar-treatment-paris-saint-germain-7698751/

The report claims that Neymar and Dani Alves have joked about Mbappe’s appearance and refer to him by his nickname ‘Donatello’ as they believe he resembles the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon character.

It’s also claimed that the Brazilian duo have insinuated to Mbappe that he replies too heavily on his speed, rather than his ability with the ball.
It's the metro.

Shit source.

Treble

[QUOTE="giorno, post: 22790705, member: 104389"]Do you remember the kind of game Ronaldo played in the semifinal against Holland? Come on.

Of course, he repeats the Argentina game in the final, it's another story
[/QUOTE]

Yes, I remember that I expected more from him in that game. He was great but I expected more at the time becuase he was already compared to Pele and other goats. Maradona 86 was much better than Ronaldo 98.

Devil may care

There was a little agenda against Mbappe on the Caf because of the view that he's much better than Rashford but it's been clear for ages that he's special and easily the best talent in his age bracket. Superb tonight for France.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
It remains to be seen just how monstrous and one offish Messi and Ronaldo were, until they've long retired. I think Mbappe is the best bet in modern football to challenge them to the title of being the 'goat'. Scary thing is the fact he is only 19, if he maintains his form then he will have one hell of a career, if he expotentially improves and chooses a good club then we may have something very special to witness for the next 15 years.
:keano:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yes, I remember that I expected more from him in that game. He was great but I expected more at the time becuase he was already compared to Pele and other goats. Maradona 86 was much better than Ronaldo 98.
Of course Maradona 86 was better. Maradona 86 was the best anyone's ever played and will ever play football

And yes, Ronaldo was kind of underwhelming in that game given the expectations. And he was a monster in that game...

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
@Peyroteo a big reason why he's only been dangerous in space is because of the position he's been asked to play. He's always staying very wide and that prevents him from getting into the box and be a threat there as much as he could. Was the same story with PSG. I've seen him play in the middle for France and Monaco and he can already be very dangerous against set defences with little space to operate in. Look at his first goal against argentina
He's capable of moments like those and part of it might be his position too but regardless of that it's true he's not influential enough against defenses that play deep when compared to teams that give him loads of space to run into. It's the main thing he needs to improve.

It will be interesting to see if his position changes throughout the years or if he's going to continue playing in a similar role to the one he's been playing.

Treble

Of course Maradona 86 was better. Maradona 86 was the best anyone's ever played and will ever play football

And yes, Ronaldo was kind of underwhelming in that game given the expectations. And he was a monster in that game...
I agree it's not fair to compare anyone to Maradona 86. The expectations about Ronaldo 98 were extremely high though. Fortunately for Mbappe, the expectations about him this WC haven't been that big.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Kyky can be mad at his teammates for wasting all the chances he creates for them.

Or maybe forget it and be happy to be in the final. :drool:

Dr. StrangeHate

These kind of once in a generation talents always end up at Real or Barcelona. Woody promised to stop this. We are watching this space.
At his age he has the finishing and final third passing /decision making qualities of veterans of the game. That is the most impressive bit. There are always great dribblers and pace merchants around but having finishing and final third passing/decisions is rare.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
How old were you back then? 7?

If you make a video of Mbappe's best moments this WC, it would look awesome. Ronaldo at 22 was at his best and a more complete striker of course but Mbappe looks more creative to me.
Just no.

Mbappe is very good, Ronaldo was on another planet.

RedTiger

Half mast

Wow, PSG actually don't want Mbappe to win the world cup:houllier:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I agree it's not fair to compare anyone to Maradona 86. The expectations about Ronaldo 98 were extremely high though. Fortunately for Mbappe, the expectations about him this WC haven't been that big.
Ronaldo went into the WC of '98 carrying a knee injury. He played the tournament with it, but he was not 100%.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Just Spanish media trying to stir up shit (I wonder why...).

Isn't just those two that refer to him as Donatello. Thiago Silva got him a mask as a present.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
There is no bullying :lol::lol: They all joke, it's just that. Spanish media are pure garbage, ready to dramatize about the most pointless stories they can get
We have to find some leverage to pry him away from PSG's hands :lol:

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
I never really cared for him but the guy is gigantic prick. Hopefully France lose the final 6-0
He's a teenager ffs.
I read somewhere that Neymar has been a bad influence of him in terms of antics on the pitch.

Quizierda

He is simply brilliant. For sure the next big thing and will surpass Neymar rather sooner than later!

The best transfer PSG has made.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
I remember when Liverpool were linked with him :lol::lol: he definitely would have won us the League.
I think when Untied bought Martial they asked about Mbappe and were told he'd cost much more than Martial. Which was ridiculous at the time as a lot of people thought Martial was overpriced!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I've said for ages he'll be the one that takes over from Messi & Ronaldo, there's no one even close to him either so he'll probably have a handle on the Balon Dor for quite a while

Righteous Steps

I've said for ages he'll be the one that takes over from Messi & Ronaldo, there's no one even close to him either so he'll probably have a handle on the Balon Dor for quite a while
What do you mean? In regards to current players Salah Neymar Hazard are better, and we can never know whats round the corner in terms of young talent, Sancho for example could have a trailblazing next two years and make that last opinion seem ill advised.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
What do you mean? In regards to current players Salah Neymar Hazard are better, and we can never know whats round the corner in terms of young talent, Sancho for example could have a trailblazing next two years and make that last opinion seem ill advised.
Well Mbappe comfortably has outperformed both Neymar and Hazard in this world cup and Salah has had one truly great season. Give it a couple more years (once Messi and Ronaldo really have dipped) and Mbappe will be the one