Kylian Mbappe | PSG

cusmarr

Supports
PSG
Monaco pay less taxes and foreign players don't pay income taxes while french players do. Though Monaco has to pay something like 25m every year to the LFP.
They pay 50m€ to the LFP to compensate.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I thought he only scored a lot because he had a lot of shots on target? That he was really wasteful? :confused:

Schneckerl

I thought he only scored a lot because he had a lot of shots on target? That he was really wasteful? :confused:

Sadio Mane? Now, that's a surprise.

edit: I solved the mystery why he seems to miss so many sitters, but still shows up here.
EPL: 14 goals - 6 big chances missed
CL: 1 goal - 8 (!) big chances missed

_00_deathscar

Supports
Liverpool
They also say Sadio Mane, one of the most erratic finishers, has one of the best conversion rates so...

HisDudeness

Supports
Rangers
sorry but mbappe is different class. the epl teams are lucky he doesn't play for city

again it all comes down to manager getting the best out of them

but he'll be playing for barcelona or real madrid soon

Last edited:

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
2 goals today. Penalty & a late winner. Not the best goals you've ever seen, but hey, 2 goals.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He was dangerous the whole game If we take out penalties for this season, he has more goals in open play than any other player in the top 5 leagues, including Messi.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He was dangerous the whole game If we take out penalties for this season, he has more goals in open play than any other player in the top 5 leagues, including Messi.
24 goals in 21 league apps compared to 25 (3 penalties) in 23 for Messi. In contention for the Golden Boot but think the three game suspension along with not being PSG's penalty taker (Cavani and Neymar have scored 4 each from the spot this season) will see it go to Messi for a sixth time. Still great from him though.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
24 goals in 21 league apps compared to 25 (3 penalties) in 23 for Messi. In contention for the Golden Boot but think the three game suspension along with not being PSG's penalty taker (Cavani and Neymar have scored 4 each from the spot this season) will see it go to Messi for a sixth time. Still great from him though.
Yeah, short of an injury, I don’t think anyone is taking it from Messi without penalty duties for Mbappe (although he got to score his first league penalty today). So far I think he’s had a go at 3 penalties between France and PSG and the keeper had no chance at any of them. If he was the main penalty taker he’d probably give a good go all the way until the end of the season for golden boot, still might without it.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yeah, short of an injury, I don’t think anyone is taking it from Messi without penalty duties for Mbappe (although he got to score his first league penalty today). So far I think he’s had a go at 3 penalties between France and PSG and the keeper had no chance at any of them. If he was the main penalty taker he’d probably give a good go all the way until the end of the season for golden boot, still might without it.
Ah yeah, forgot about that. transfermarkt hadn't updated yet when I was getting the penalty stats.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
League games must be so boring for him.
After a world cup, that could have been a possibility but then again you're talking about a kid who keeps track of how many goals he scores in training.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
PSG/Qatar selling M'bappé to the United Arab Emirates/City looks like an impossible deal from a geopolitical standpoint.

@Ecstatic If (more likely when) PSG knock us out, I'll be rooting for PSG to win the CL. I decided I want M'Bappé to win the Ballon d'Or.
Good man.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rate very highly players like Ribéry, Griezmann, Ousmane Dembélé...

However, if there is a single French player who has/had to succeed Zidane in the Ballon D'or winners list, it has to be him.

The difference between Dembélé and Kylian is that the latter acts like a 33-year-old professional player given his family environment.

He has all the skills required, the stats, a unique mindset and a destiny...

He played his 1st game with Monaco as a pro against his former club Caen at the age of 16...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The good news is that the Champions League will be more open than ever this season.

The worst-case scenario would be that Real Madrid wins it once again but - without Cristiano - this scenario is very unlikely.

Barcelona and Atletico are serious contenders but PSG has a revenge to take over Spaniards. Neymar destroying Barcelona in QF/SF. Please make it happen :drool:

Last edited:

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Do you not consider Man City serious contenders? Just curious :D I love the kid, really. I hope he wins the CL once with PSG while he's there.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Do you not consider Man City serious contenders? Just curious :D I love the kid, really. I hope he wins the CL once with PSG while he's there.
He's just 20 so I can expect him to play both in La Liga and the Premier League by 2020/2021

I see Barcelona and Atletico as more experienced teams.

The English clubs belong to the same bracket for me :D

TsuWave

Mbappe plays in a 1 team French League. They would be top by far without him still.

Kane has been a 20 goal plus striker for 5 years running. In a very competitive league.

Also it’s my opinion.
That 1 team league has a positive record against English clubs in Europe recently. Same league regularly produces the standout players in the premier league.

Mbappe is breaking champions league records, and was one of the standout players at the World Cup .

Kane has a great record, and that’s to his merit, but we can only go so far back when talking about right now, and currently, him better than Mbappe?

The fact that it’s your opinion was never in question, but at some point “farmers league” just doesn’t cut it as justification.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Mbappe plays in a 1 team French League. They would be top by far without him still.

Kane has been a 20 goal plus striker for 5 years running. In a very competitive league.

Also it’s my opinion.
Kane is 25 while Kylian is 20.

I want to see Kane in a more ambitious club.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

Also it’s my opinion.
Mbappé won a championship with another team in a "1 team league" and also won a world cup.

Meanwhile Tottenham and England still don't win anything, with or without Kane.

Revan

Assumptionman

Also it’s my opinion.
Mbappe actually scored less goals in his first season at PSG compared to his season at Monaco (when you know, he was an integral part of a team which won the title).

His goals have gone up this season which is understandable considering that he has been improving. He also has 14 goals in UCL in 24 matches, compared to Kane who has 14 goals in 24 matches (btw, Mbappe hasn't played as No.9 bar that match against us). He also has won a World Cup, in addition to 2 league titles (one each with PSG and Monaco), compared to Kane who has won nought. They've both ended twice in Ballon D'Or top 10 with Mbappe finishing 4 and 7, while Kane finishing 10 and 10.

Mbappe is the better player and has had a better career, regardless of the EPL is the greatest league in the universe, while Ligue 1 is a farmer's league nonsense.

Sauldogba

Truth be told there is not much between Kane and Mbappe at all.
Both great players.Both have scored against elite teams and in big games.
The only difference is one is unfortunate to play for Tottenham and England.
And people need to stop overrating Mbappes world cup.
Yes he had a better world cup than Kane but its getting overrated by the day.
You could make an argument for Kane being better,you can make an argument although probably weaker for Mbappe being better.
If i had to pick one i would pick Mbappe though but both are proven.

Bwuk

Offer me one for United and I'd take Mbappe any day of the week.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

And there are some on here who try to claim he's not technically gifted or skillful. :houllier:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Same could be said for Mbappe.
PSG spent around 400 millions of euros to acquire Neymar and M'bappé. Hard to find a club more ambitious than PSG.

If your point was to say you want him in a better league, then it's another story.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Kane is a world class striker, but that's it. Mbappe is a world class attacker. He can play all across the front line and his combination of physical attributes, intelligence, and technical ability hasn't been seen in a player this young since Ronaldo and Messi. I think PSG will win the CL in at least 3 years (City will be their biggest rivals) and he will be safely in the Messi and Neymar tier.

I'm picking Mbappe over Kane 11 times out of 10.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Kane is a world class striker, but that's it. Mbappe is a world class attacker. He can play all across the front line and his combination of physical attributes, intelligence, and technical ability hasn't been seen in a player this young since Ronaldo and Messi. I think PSG will win the CL in at least 3 years (City will be their biggest rivals) and he will be safely in the Messi and Neymar tier.

I'm picking Mbappe over Kane 11 times out of 10.
I'm with you on everything except him being "safely in the Messi & Neymar tier." That's a super bold statement.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
PSG spent around 400 millions of euros to acquire Neymar and M'bappé. Hard to find a club more ambitious than PSG.

If your point was to say you want him in a better league, then it's another story.
Same story, a player with ambition plays for a team that has to compete for the league title as well as the Champions league, who's really talked about Neymar since he left Barca?

No doubt PSG are spending big (something they shouldn't be allowed to do, but that's another story) and they want to win the CL, but in order for a player to be considered successful there then it would mean winning the CL every year.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Same story, a player with ambition plays for a team that has to compete for the league title as well as the Champions league, who's really talked about Neymar since he left Barca?

No doubt PSG are spending big (something they shouldn't be allowed to do, but that's another story) and they want to win the CL, but in order for a player to be considered successful there then it would mean winning the CL every year.
Real Madrid is the only one place to be then

Last edited: