Kylian Mbappe | PSG

MrEleson

If with this you're referring to off ball movement, positioning and reaction time inside the box, Mbappé is easily as good as Ronaldo at that. He's much worse at everything that involves manipulating or hitting the ball though.

Although he's obviously better than Haaland on the ball, both are world class for the same reasons. Mbappé has some decent dribbling and passing skills, but they're not that special. Dembelé is better in both, for example, and really doubt someone consider him world class. Those guys saying that Mbappé is technically close to Ronaldo are crazy.
In terms of all-round attributes, Prime Cristiano was one of the most complete players in history.

Finishing, weak foot, long shots, free kicks, penalties, crossing, passing, goals, assists, heading, pace, strength, physicality, Football IQ, etc.....he had it all in his locker. Mbappe's skillset is far more limited in comparison but his creative talent and decision making is very underrated. Think Mbappe has a great eye for assists and makes very good and mature decisions on the pitch. Very smart player. Ronaldo also had a certain arrogance, swagger and charisma which Mbappe lacks.
You both summed it up well.

MrEleson

Ronaldo "primed" between 26-32 though, so the best is yet to come.
Ronaldo did have a B d'or and a CL title at Mbappes age, but he was nowhere near any goat or all time discussion before the Messi/Ronaldo rivalery peaked 2010-17.

- Ronaldo had 159 goals in club football to his name after the season he turned 25. He has 597 club goals since then.
- He had one CL trophy by then, and 1 ballon d'or. He's won 4 of both after that.

- Mbappe has 287 goals in club football at 25. He's also world champion and is the player in history with the most goals in WC finals. It looks like he's finally moving to a better league.
- I think it's a little to early to write him off

Can be said about other players too.
Yes Mbappe has the potential to achieve a lot of what Ronaldo has but I was addressing the idea that they’re close.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
He will have hard time displacing Joselu if he wants to play for Real Madrid. :lol:

Kwabs

Supports
Barcelona
Acceleration and top speed aren’t skills.

Mbappe has never scored a career FK and has little to no threat in the air. His predatory instincts and the sheer variety in his finishes both with the left and right aren’t as good as prime Ronaldo for me. So clearly he isn’t as complete an attacking threat as Ronaldo so how can you say there “very” close.
Maybe because Kylian Mbappe has actually managed to score a goal in the knockout rounds of the World Cup..... :D

JediSith

I think Vini Junior is the better player and much more beautiful to watch play. Mbappe the better finisher

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Welp. City it is uh? Wonder if De Bruyne is going to arabia

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Wirtz is german, so he will naturally be drawn towards Bayern though.
That changed a while go. Özil, Khedira, Havertz etc. I would obviously be thrilled if he came to Bayern but I just don‘t see it.

But hey, this thread is about Bayern‘s new signing Mbappe :wenger:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Scenes at the Bernabeu when he does a live show to announce his decision on next club, and it's United
Can he do it soon please, we'd like to celebrate our 15th CL title. And then we can play Dortmund and try and make it 16. Two CL in a few days would be cool :drool::drool::drool:

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
That changed a while go. Özil, Khedira, Havertz etc. I would obviously be thrilled if he came to Bayern but I just don‘t see it.

But hey, this thread is about Bayern‘s new signing Mbappe :wenger:
You know, since it’s a ‘free’ transfer anyway. Bayern would’ve been a good fit for both sides. I don’t know what your finances are like but…I guess you need to strengthen other areas as well.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Nothing against him but it'd be funny if he finally loves to Madrid only for Vini Jr to dunk on him

Kwabs

Supports
Barcelona
I think Vini Junior is the better player and much more beautiful to watch play. Mbappe the better finisher
Both great players, but until Vini actually does something notable for Brazil, you can't say he's better than Mbappe.

al.gabiru

Real Madrid will end up selling Rodrygo, who I believe has a great future ahead of him

Mbappe is a star, but he could improve in some areas (taking free-kicks, for example).

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian
Another big game, another non-entity :lol:

26 this year, no UCL, no Balon D'or and people really say wild things about him.

I think Madrid are making a mistake in getting him tbh, he'll upset whatever balance they now have, they're already top heavy and adding another forward who plays where Vini plays is ridiculous. Perhaps if they sell Vini it could work but yeah, not for me chief.
How are they top heavy?

Their only recognised forwards are Vinicius, Rodrygo and Joselu; the latter of whom is 34. Diaz at a push, but he’s more of an attacking midfielder.There’s a reason why they’ve dropped their 4-3-3 formation and have effectively been playing a midfielder as a false 9 for half the season.

Compare that to Rashford, Martial, Anthony, Garnacho, Hojlund, Diallo.

So they’re hardly awash with options. They obviously have Endrick coming in, but he’s 17. I think their bigger issue is who plays on the right, rather than being top heavy. I suspect
they’ll revert to a 4-3-3, and will have 5 players (if Mbappe joins) for 3 positions.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
BBC Sport understands Mbappe is set to sign a five-year deal with Real.

He is set to earn £12.8m (15m euros) a season, plus a £128m (150m euros) signing-on bonus to be paid over five years.

He will keep a percentage of his image rights.

Some free transfer. As laughable as the 'bargain 60m euros' the cheats supposedly paid for Haaland. Wonder which of them is getting paid the most.

devaneios

Supports
São Paulo FC
As long as they get him for free. I don't think it will happen, he just doesn't seem like a Real player.
I can't think of any player who looks more like a Real Madrid player. No, not even CR7.

LA BOMBA

Supports
Atletico
I'll never understand how there has been so much hype for a guy who has done nothing notable at club level. There's not a single iconic game Mbappe had for PSG. A player who's supposedly ballon d'Or level should have had at least some legendary performances where he himself demolished the opponents in a high profile match like Nedved did for Juve against Real Madrid or Henry against Inter. Even Neymar did more for PSG with that 2020 run where he carried the team to the CL final.

As a Real Madrid hater I want him at Real so badly because he'll be absolute crap for them, especially for that money. He'll get them in galactico 2.0 era.

Both great players, but until Vini actually does something notable for Brazil, you can't say he's better than Mbappe.
It's the other way around. Until Mbappe does something notable in club football, you can't say he's better than Vini.

Alpha 1

Yes Mbappe has the potential to achieve a lot of what Ronaldo has but I was addressing the idea that they’re close.
They are close interms of talent. The only season where I feel Ronaldo reached a truly great level outside goals was 06/07. After that he was very similar level to Mbappe; pace, power, movement and goals with additional aerial ability and free kicks. Ronaldo had a better ultra long range shots in his prime, Mbappe is better at curling them into the top corner from outside the area. Dribbling wise they've been similar ditto creativity although Mbappe's longer range passes are better.

And in addition to these points, Ronaldo emerged abit late compared to Mbappe; Ronaldo used to get alot of stick for overindulgence, running into blind alleys, poor decision making, lack of end product and pointless tricks that often failed to come off. He learnt alot on the job. Mbappe was already recognised as a major talent by 18, playing an important role in France's world cup win in 2018.

But, Ronaldo is a mentality monster. Imo that is his main strength especially during the prime years (and a weakness as his career winds down). It is the one thing Ronaldo is much better than anyone else at; based on talent alone, he had no right to compete with Messi yet he did so creating a rivalry never seen before.

Last edited:

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
How are they top heavy?

Their only recognised forwards are Vinicius, Rodrygo and Joselu; the latter of whom is 34. Diaz at a push, but he’s more of an attacking midfielder.There’s a reason why they’ve dropped their 4-3-3 formation and have effectively been playing a midfielder as a false 9 for half the season.

Compare that to Rashford, Martial, Anthony, Garnacho, Hojlund, Diallo.

So they’re hardly awash with options. They obviously have Endrick coming in, but he’s 17. I think their bigger issue is who plays on the right, rather than being top heavy. I suspect
they’ll revert to a 4-3-3, and will have 5 players (if Mbappe joins) for 3 positions.
Imagine comparing Martial and Antony in this.

It's more their front line is fine but he could disrupt them.

Kwabs

Supports
Barcelona
I'll never understand how there has been so much hype for a guy who has done nothing notable at club level. There's not a single iconic game Mbappe had for PSG. A player who's supposedly ballon d'Or level should have had at least some legendary performances where he himself demolished the opponents in a high profile match like Nedved did for Juve against Real Madrid or Henry against Inter. Even Neymar did more for PSG with that 2020 run where he carried the team to the CL final.

As a Real Madrid hater I want him at Real so badly because he'll be absolute crap for them, especially for that money. He'll get them in galactico 2.0 era.

It's the other way around. Until Mbappe does something notable in club football, you can't say he's better than Vini.
That's a dumb statement.