Kylian Mbappe signs new contract at PSG until 2025 | LaLiga will file a complaint

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Marcos Lopez is a well known football analyst who is also very well informed about football signings. He got right both Mbappe moves in 2017 and 2022, when many of his colleagues were claiming he would sign for Real Madrid

According to him, Mbappe's mother was not saying the truth when she claimed both offers from PSG and Real Madrid were almost identical. He says PSG's offer was much superior and will make Mbappe not just the best paid footballer in the world, but the best paid sportsman.

He also points out at political pressure from both French and Qatari personalities and Mbappe enjoying a big deal of control at the club.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Marcos Lopez is a well known football analyst who is also very well informed about football signings. He got right both Mbappe moves in 2017 and 2022, when many of his colleagues were claiming he would sign for Real Madrid

According to him, Mbappe's mother was not saying the truth when she claimed both offers from PSG and Real Madrid were almost identical. He says PSG's offer was much superior and will make Mbappe not just the best paid footballer in the world, but the best paid sportsman.

He also points out at political pressure from both French and Qatari personalities and Mbappe enjoying a big deal of control at the club.
I have no idea who this Marcos Lopez guy is, but as to the bolded part, I think only the most deluded PSG fans will try to argue otherwise (and the only thing they'll argue is that it wasn't that much more). It's quite evident that while Mbappe likes living in France, that's not why he's staying. And that's fine.

Also, PSG contracts for their big stars have been pretty insane in the past - for certain reasons, not related to my job so I wasn't under any confidentiality obligation, saw Zlatan's contract at the time, and while the salary was accurate in what was reported, the additional bonuses weren't - there was a whole page of them, from the obvious ones (amount of appearances, goals, etc.) to really absurd ones, all with a nice bonus associated (5M, 1M, 2M...). I guess they'll structure his like this as well, and add a 30M bonus for the amounf of times he walks into the Parc des Princes or something.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I'd love to know how our talks went.

<shows wage demands>

"We were thinking more along the lines of selling the sporting project... And maybe a bag of pringles to sweeten the deal."

antk

I don't see what is entitled about RM fans here on Redcafe. We understand he can choose to sign for PSG, and are saying that because of the context, it is unlikely that we will ever attempt to sign him again.

It is PSG fans, Ligue 1 supporters, and random people who keep insisting to us that no, he'll be 26 and the bestest ever player in the universe in three years and everyone will move on and line up to sign him, as if Mbappe is entitled to play at RM or any other top club simply because he wants to. It's bizarre stuff.
The crux of the issue is many (including myself) don't believe Real Madrid wouldn't consider signing one of the best players in the world due to some misplaced pride, three whole years after this saga. Time will tell, I guess, but I can't understand where this confidence is coming from. If your team is firing on all cylinders and wins 2 out the next 3 CLs, it'd be of course easier to pass on such opportunities, but with Benzema in his final playing years, we have very little idea of what your attack is going to look like by this time, what you'll be needing and what you'll be after in the market.

romufc

I don't see what is entitled about RM fans here on Redcafe. We understand he can choose to sign for PSG, and are saying that because of the context, it is unlikely that we will ever attempt to sign him again.

It is PSG fans, Ligue 1 supporters, and random people who keep insisting to us that no, he'll be 26 and the bestest ever player in the universe in three years and everyone will move on and line up to sign him, as if Mbappe is entitled to play at RM or any other top club simply because he wants to. It's bizarre stuff.
You cannot be too sure of this though. He knows if he is still one of the best players, Real will want him.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
The crux of the issue is many (including myself) don't believe Real Madrid wouldn't consider signing one of the best players in the world due to some misplaced pride, three whole years after this saga.
This is not just an issue of misplaced pride, though. If the story that the Spanish press are telling is true then Mbappe has shown to the club that he cannot really be trusted in a negotiation.

A 'best player in the world' with huge wages conditions all the planning, so if you can't trust they'll sign it's a problem. By all accounts RM are scrambling a bit now. Even if they wanted to sign him in three years it would be irresponsible to do anything other than send a "sign by 30th January or leave it" offer.

But then I would add that pride shouldn't be discounted. Perez likes putting on a show, Real Madrid is a circus. These big signings aren't just about the player quality, they're statements. The 'statement' of signing Mbappe is dead, he didn't move on a big money transfer, he didn't move on a scandalous free transfer, show's a dud. "The player is great" isn't enough.

Time will tell, I guess, but I can't understand where this confidence is coming from.
Confidence mostly from following the club's transfer dealings since I've been a fan. In my experience the transfers either happen in their time, or they never do.

For example Patrick Vieira tried to sign for RM in 2004, the deal was made between the two clubs, he agreed to join, but then backed away at the last minute. He left Arsenal the next season, but not for RM, he joined Juventus. Years later he said "If I knew I was leaving the year after, I was going to Madrid."

David De Gea was also an almost-signing, RM and United agreed on a deal, the fax machine thing happened, and then a month or so later De Gea signed a new contract with United and has stayed there the rest of his career.

Lewandowski, supposedly RM attempted to sign him before he moved to Bayern. After that it never really made much sense as far as the squad went, plus Bayern weren't interested in selling so it never happened.

On the opposite end you have Cristiano Ronaldo, where the main transfer season drama was in 2008. That ended with an agreement to sell him to Real Madrid next season for 90m. So in 2009 they announced his signing quickly, it was within a day of rumors I think. Had this agreement not been reached, he would not have played for Real Madrid, he would have (responsibly, intelligently) renewed his contract.

Like I said in another post, what Mbappe did with running down the contract was risky, "playing with fire". People make fun of Kane for signing 6-year-contract with Spurs and then moaning about leaving, but it's irresponsible for top level players to be dicking around with short-term contracts. I don't actually think that in three years, Mbappe will be a free agent. I think PSG gave him a short-term renewal so that they can convince him to do a long-term renewal, which he will sign because it's going to be the best option he'll have.

Last edited:

Lee565

these sportswashing regimes are just using and killing football to prop up their inhumane countries.

It will only get worse with Newcastle the next ones to make a mockery of the sport but instead of blasting their breach of ffp you will instead get all the pundits on sport subscriptions channels gushing over the quality of the football on show brought by blood money.

It's funny you got neville and keane slamming the actions of the city fans assaulting the villa keeper but it's nothing compared to city's owners awful human rights record but you don't hear them going on rants about that..

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
The crux of the issue is many (including myself) don't believe Real Madrid wouldn't consider signing one of the best players in the world due to some misplaced pride, three whole years after this saga. Time will tell, I guess, but I can't understand where this confidence is coming from. If your team is firing on all cylinders and wins 2 out the next 3 CLs, it'd be of course easier to pass on such opportunities, but with Benzema in his final playing years, we have very little idea of what your attack is going to look like by this time, what you'll be needing and what you'll be after in the market.

Look, as much as he doesn't owe Real Madrid anything the club and the fans also don't owe anything to him. It's not so much that the club feels entitled but more like we were played by him in order to squeeze a mega deal out of PSG; he played his cards that way but he must understand that by doing so he much blew any chance of playing for Real Madrid in the future. It's not only because he led the club to believe he would sign but they way and timing he handled everything.

A lot of people are saying everyone would had taken that deal but he can't have everything, take the deal out of PSG and to still be well received by Real Madrid. Fair play to him, but that ship has sailed the club is going to move but he also needs to move on and stop angling for a future move into Real Madrid.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Are you actually arguing FOR Madrid?

the motivation is that he’s at his own home team and in 3 years time he will still be what 24? The he can go to madrid if he so wishes
Haha, he's young but he's not that young. He'll turn 24 later this year.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid

Those tweets by his mother were a blatant lie and at that point it was pretty obvious Mbappe's camp were the ones trying to control the narrative. No one would believe and it was pretty much a case of unsolicited excuse, manifest accusation.

Then you have the fact that Mbappe has been very open about his desire to play for Real Madrid, even right now just after signing for PSG. Last season he also declared about wanting to leave so that much is enough to realize that something changed that made him decide to stay.

I can't blame him for choosing the best economical offer and it's also very safe to assume he now has a lot more influence and power within PSG, that without even accounting the pressure from political figures of both France and Qatar but it's nonsense to try to argue that both offers were similar or that Real Madrid could pay him more than PSG and paint it as if he was Totti staying in Roma out of love for the team. :rolleyes:

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Bloody hell, not sure where I got that from.

well madrid will get him coming into his peak at that age
I think he is already at his peak. He relies a bit more on his pace so I guess next 3 years should be his highest level.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Fair point. Imagine if he lost his pace. Being paid all that money to be a French Rashford
Mbappé is significantly better in tight space and as a creator. He uses his pace but doesn't rely on it, the same way someone like Henry didn't rely on it.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Look, as much as he doesn't owe Real Madrid anything the club and the fans also don't owe anything to him. It's not so much that the club feels entitled but more like we were played by him in order to squeeze a mega deal out of PSG; he played his cards that way but he must understand that by doing so he much blew any chance of playing for Real Madrid in the future. It's not only because he led the club to believe he would sign but they way and timing he handled everything.

A lot of people are saying everyone would had taken that deal but he can't have everything, take the deal out of PSG and to still be well received by Real Madrid. Fair play to him, but that ship has sailed the club is going to move but he also needs to move on and stop angling for a future move into Real Madrid.
There's no chance that's what happened. PSG already tried to offer him huge amounts of money last season before he asked to leave for Madrid. Had PSG accepted, he'd be gone, there was no maybes, the only thing that was missing was litteraly PSG's signature on the contract. But it seems easier for Real Madrid fans to think that he used the club instead of realizing he chose one offer over the other once he had both on the table.

Makes me think of Barcelona fans when Griezmann announced "La decision" and stayed at Atletico. Bridges were burnt blabla. A year later he was wearing Barcelona's shirt.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Pedrerol asks Karim if he feels betrayed, he answers why? Then he says that Mbappé doesn't have to explain anything to him, that everyone makes their own decisions.
He is surprised as everybody, then he asks him about instagram, first about the photo pointing to the badge, and answers that it's simply because he loves Madrid. About Tupac it's because it's his favourite, that he has many, and that he's not going to post a photo to give a message. Full interview tonight but he didn't seem too keen to talk.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Pedrerol asks Karim if he feels betrayed, he answers why? Then he says that Mbappé doesn't have to explain anything to him, that everyone makes their own decisions.
He is surprised as everybody, then he asks him about instagram, first about the photo pointing to the badge, and answers that it's simply because he loves Madrid. About Tupac it's because it's his favourite, that he has many, and that he's not going to post a photo to give a message. Full interview tonight but he didn't seem too keen to talk.
Well I wouldn't be to keen to talk about it too, the final is this weekend and it's not worth the attention to keep asking bout it. That being said I'm sure the instagram post was in reference to Mbappe but like he says he is free to do whatever he wants so there's no point into asking him if he feels betrayed. If the players have a pride for being Real Madrid players I'm sure this is going to motivate them for the final.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Makes me think of Barcelona fans when Griezmann announced "La decision" and stayed at Atletico. Bridges were burnt blabla. A year later he was wearing Barcelona's shirt.
The fans never embraced him, the transfer was a huge flop, the president who signed him was ousted, and once the board changed he was shipped off to Atletico. Seems like a good example of why RM should not go for Mbappe, to me.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
The fans never embraced him, the transfer was a huge flop, the president who signed him was ousted, and once the board changed he was shipped off to Atletico. Seems like a good example of why RM should not go for Mbappe, to me.
Oh yeah, it was all about "La decision", not at all because it was a terrible choice since his favorite spot on the pitch was right were Messi liked to be, or because said president almost ruined Barcelona over his whole tenure.

Griezmann floped because he wasn't suited for this Barcelona team, and he isn't far better at Atletico since he came back, it had very little to do with the fact he refused to join them the year before.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
He can wait 3 years to get to Real Madrid and fans, although angry or bitter right now, will surely change their minds...
No we won't ... see our dislike for Gareth Bale. Its a matter of the club's prestige versus a player's ego. Mbappe has played a blinder and got an epic deal for himself, at the cost of making us look like mugs, over and above the usual contract negotiations. Perez would be savaged by the members if he was seen to behave like an obedient dog in front of Mbappe.
I promise you this: if 3 years later he comes to Madrid, you will here of a man that has chained himself infront of the Bernabeu and is on hunger strike ... that man will be me. I'd rather die than live to see him play here.

Mbappe gets to make $$$, Mbappe gets to win CL with a rival, Mbappe gets all the glory, Mbappe has had enough of the Blonde Bimbo and now wants to waltz into a marriage with the Girl Next Door (whose heart he broke 3 years ago)... feck off Ninja turtle, I hope Shredder makes you into soup.

Last edited:

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
The mother said a few days ago the offers were identical, the president said today the offer from RM was higher. Give it a year and PSGworld will try to gaslight us all into thinking he's playing for free and that Florentino offered him the Spanish throne.
:lol:

Tyrion

I've seen a few people equate both deals by saying they were both "massive" which is nonsense. Midtable premier league players are also on 'massive' amounts of money but Mbappe is still on ten times as much. They're trying (and failing) to make it seem like Mbappe isn't pulling a Neymar and slumming it for cash.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I've seen a few people equate both deals by saying they were both "massive" which is nonsense. Midtable premier league players are also on 'massive' amounts of money but Mbappe is still on ten times as much. They're trying (and failing) to make it seem like Mbappe isn't pulling a Neymar and slumming it for cash.
Nobody is failing at anything. As of right now, nobody has any clue about how much he gets at PSG and what was Real's offer. So basically people consider they're right because well... they've decided so. That's not how it works. Lots of spanish journalist especially yelling that it's an insane amount of money but still absolutely no figure to back that up. I don't even think Perez knows what the deal with PSG is, otherwise i would have leaked that a long time ago to his minions. Or he knows, and realized it's not that different from what he was offering.

So far the arguments we get are pretty much :
Mbappé? Lying.
MBappé's mother? Lying
PSG's President? Lying
French journalists? Lying
Mbappé showing that he cares more about sports and legacy than money? Lying since he's 16 years old, and he will decline at 26!
Actual decently source figures? I don't know but if it's not disgusting high they're lying!!

Unless you have something at least decent to back up your claim, the whole thing is a figment of your imagination that can't be used to determine who's failing at showing something or not.

Last edited:

Son

Even the advanced numbers are remarkably similar...

Because they have Mbappé. Literally, that's the only edge PSG have on us. Better wingbacks, sure, but when it comes right down to it, Mbappé is what makes them a great team. Without him they would have been the level of Spurs
They outplayed your lot for two legs so I suppose it’s like taking Benzema out of Madrid.

You are literally Spurs but with an aging Modric and Kroos who are certainly not Messi’s level even at PSG. It’s not like you have a truly world class player like Pedri right now coming through. You can pretend you do but you don’t.

Vinicius etc are bench warmers in the better sides in the world. I would argue they always will be playing in a poor La Liga. This Madrid side really isn’t that talented overall.

Reminds me of United in 2011. Poor side overall when we reached that final based on teams before and since at that level. Liverpool could well bounce you like Barcelona bounced us in all reality.

Tyrion

Nobody is failing at anything. As of right now, nobody has any clue about how much he gets at PSG and what was Real's offer. So basically people consider they're right because well... they've decided so. That's not how it works. Lots of spanish journalist especially yelling that it's an insane amount of money but still absolutely no figure to back that up. I don't even think Perez knows what the deal with PSG is, otherwise i would have leaked that a long time ago to his minions. Or he knows, and realized it's not that different from what he was offering.

Mbappé? Lying.
MBappé's mother? Lying
PSG's President? Lying
Mbappé showing that he cares more about sports and legacy than money? Lying since he's 16 years old, and he will decline at 26!
Actual decently source figures? I don't know but if it's not disgusting high they're lying!!

Unless you have something at least decent to back up your claim, the whole thing is a figment of your imagination that can't be used to determine who's failing at showing something or not.
Well they are failing at convincing anyone of it aside from PSG fans.

Do you really think he's getting the paid the same as what he could have gotten at Real? No one I've seen has even suggested it.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Well they are failing at convincing anyone of it aside from PSG fans.

Do you really think he's getting the paid the same as what he could have gotten at Real? No one I've seen has even suggested it.
No one besides, you know...the people who would actually know.

But it's very simple, let's look at it differently, would he not have had massively more commercial opportunities being the main guy at Real Madrid and playing in La Liga than he would staying at PSG and playing in Ligue 1? Whatever differences in the two offers from both clubs wouldn't cover the huge marketing boost he would get being at the biggest club in the world. This is why I'm 100% not buying this has anything to do with money, it doesn't make sense at all. The thing that makes the most sense is that he truly loves his country, he wants to do something that hasn't been done before and leave a legacy in his city of birth, and will still have plenty of time to explore the rest of his career at 25/26.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
They outplayed your lot for two legs so I suppose it’s like taking Benzema out of Madrid.

You are literally Spurs but with an aging Modric and Kroos who are certainly not Messi’s level even at PSG. It’s not like you have a truly world class player like Pedri right now coming through. You can pretend you do but you don’t.

Vinicius etc are bench warmers in the better sides in the world. I would argue they always will be playing in a poor La Liga. This Madrid side really isn’t that talented overall.

Reminds me of United in 2011. Poor side overall when we reached that final based on teams before and since at that level. Liverpool could well bounce you like Barcelona bounced us in all reality.
:lol:

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
will still have plenty of time to explore the rest of his career at 25/26.
Never has the fanbase of an ostensibly top level club been so insistent that their star player can leave at the top of their game.

Like celebrating that your wife didn't divorce you after you've conceded to an open relationship.

Last edited:

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Mbappé? Lying.
MBappé's mother? Lying
PSG's President? Lying
PSG's president said RM's offer was higher. Mbappe's mother said the offers were the same. Press is reporting the PSG offer is better. The stories aren't consistent, so yes, it is very clear that they are lying.