Kylian Mbappe signs new contract at PSG until 2025 | LaLiga will file a complaint

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
PSG's president said RM's offer was higher. Mbappe's mother said the offers were the same. Press is reporting the PSG offer is a bit better. The stories aren't consistent, so yes, it is very clear that they are lying. Unless you think this magical number has the capacity to oscillate up and down depending on who's talking.
That's not what he said as far as I know. He said "the spanish club could have paid more", not that they offered more. Meaning that Mbappé put a stop to the negociaton without trying to go as high as possible.

Actually, between fixed salary, bonuses, image rights, the magical number does have the capacity to oscillate.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Oly, you're never going to convince most people that the renewal isn't about money. That was the inherent risk for PSG in desperately trying to renew someone who said he wanted to leave, and the inherent risk for the player in dragging out the renewal until the last minute. Consider it the cost of doing business. You won in the end, you have the player, just enjoy it, no shame in it.

Nicolarra90

Bloody hell, not sure where I got that from.

well madrid will get him coming into his peak at that age
Football life in PSG is so insignificant that people still believe Mbappe is 20-21 years old.

If they don't win the UCL in the next 3 seasons he would've wasted half his career in club football.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hum let's see, the world most famous and visited city in the world winning their first CL and only the second CL of the most successful football country of the last 25years (2 WCs,1 euro, 1 WC final an 1 Euro final) VS the second club of a city only known for football winning their first CL among so many others won by other English clubs.......yeah no different for sure:lol:
Yeah bankrolled by a state. One for the football romantics.

What
Are you actually arguing FOR Madrid?

the motivation is that he’s at his own home team and in 3 years time he will still be what 24? The he can go to madrid if he so wishes
I think two things that people find strange about this
- A player who was as good at a young age as him playing in Frence till the age of 25/26/27
- The whole haggling and negotiating with both clubs

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
The story in Spanish media is that he told the club he'd join multiple times, until about a week ago when he said "actually I still need to think about it," stopped communicating, and then changed his mind and signed for PSG, which he only confirmed to the club a little bit before the announcement was made.
Classic gas lighting, I love it that Real Madrid, the real market inflation creator are effected.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Also, PSG contracts for their big stars have been pretty insane in the past - for certain reasons, not related to my job so I wasn't under any confidentiality obligation, saw Zlatan's contract at the time, and while the salary was accurate in what was reported, the additional bonuses weren't - there was a whole page of them, from the obvious ones (amount of appearances, goals, etc.) to really absurd ones, all with a nice bonus associated (5M, 1M, 2M...). I guess they'll structure his like this as well, and add a 30M bonus for the amounf of times he walks into the Parc des Princes or something.
Same thing for City.

The basic wages will be more than decent (of course) - but the key part is the bonuses (official and not so official).

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Football life in PSG is so insignificant that people still believe Mbappe is 20-21 years old.

If they don't win the UCL in the next 3 seasons he would've wasted half his career in club football.
With the amount of money he’s getting im not sure wasted is apt

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yeah bankrolled by a state. One for the football romantics.

What
I think two things that people find strange about this
- A player who was as good at a young age as him playing in Frence till the age of 25/26/27
- The whole haggling and negotiating with both clubs
Many players now agree contracts in principle with several but then make their mind up. We just don’t have a fuss made about them all.
It’s great that Madrid are so mad about it; it’s finally some payback. Reap what the sow. After how they’ve behaved in the transfer market for decades im surprised any non-Madrid fan are siding with them

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Yeh of course it’s never about money, but project itself to win first ever CL for his home country.

How respectful, despite the fact he is now the highest paid player in the world.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Never has the fanbase of an ostensibly top level club been so insistent that their star player can leave at the top of their game.

Like celebrating that your wife didn't divorce you after you've conceded to an open relationship.
Last thing I'm gonna listen to is a Real Madrid fan talking how a fanbase should behave. Better to be happy your wife didn't divorce you than sad your imaginary wife never became a reality.

I see you keep bringing up the money point elsewhere but completely ignored the fact that I addressed that and that he would have made more money being the leading face of Real Madrid and La Liga rather than PSG and Ligue 1. Nevermind the contract, but actual commercial opportunities. Or is Real Madrid no longer the biggest club in the world that brings massive commercial success to its stars?

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
It's a pretty bad idea to give Mbappe all the power they have given him. We made the same mistake at Barca with Messi and that's the reason Luis Enrique left and the shitshow started.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's a pretty bad idea to give Mbappe all the power they have given him. We made the same mistake at Barca with Messi and that's the reason Luis Enrique left and the shitshow started.
Good thing they didn't then. Mbappe loves Pochettino, guess who's getting fired in a week?

RoyH1

Well what did you expect him to say? He's at war with Madrid's president and cozy bed fellow with Ceferin.

The lengths to which PSG fans go to trying to prove "it's not about the money, honest" is rather amusing. Just take the win, enjoy the player and stop trying to convince the rest of the world something they will never believe anyway.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Well what did you expect him to say? He's at war with Madrid's president and cozy bed fellow with Ceferin.

The lengths to which PSG fans go to trying to prove "it's not about the money, honest" is rather amusing. Just take the win, enjoy the player and stop trying to convince the rest of the world something they will never believe anyway.
Yeah we know, they're all lying blablabla.

Glad you acknowledge the fact that you're totally biased and won't believe anything unless it suits your narrative though..

There's nothing "amusing" about the fact that it's not enjoyable to see people who don't really know the subject talking trash about the club you support and one of its player while on their high horses. I'm not naive though and if we have consistent reports about Mbappé being massively overpaid, i'll conceded without any problem. But the thing is, those reports don't exist at the moment and it's quite infuriating to watch a bunch of know-it-all pretending they understand everything without any evidence to back it up.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Spain has marker elements that portend a worse crash than 2011. The stabilization of the economy involved a lot of glue and tape rather than real solutions to fundamental problems.

There was a reason Barca and Real were in the biggest denial of the Super league falling through. What do they do if only 4 or 5 other teams in La Liga can field squads and not go under? Where is the breaking point?

im surprised Mbappe stayed at PSG. I’m not shocked at all he didn’t go to Real. And Real complaining about other parties not dealing in good faith or tampering is laughable and extremely ironic.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Glad you acknowledge the fact that you're totally biased and won't believe anything unless it suits your narrative though..

There's nothing "amusing" about the fact that it's not enjoyable to see people who don't really know the subject talking trash about the club you support and one of its player while on their high horses. I'm not naive though and if we have consistent reports about Mbappé being massively overpaid, i'll conceded without any problem. But the thing is, those reports don't exist at the moment and it's quite infuriating to watch a bunch of know-it-all pretending they understand everything without any evidence to back it up.
What ever you say the only thing that matter is that, Paris est tragique! ;)

Charles Miller

Still not clear to me why all this meltdown among people who aren't even Madrid supporters.

We should care about our club and don't waste time with childish expectations like: "he is wasting his career at Ligue 1, it would be great for football in general the new big stars Haaland and Mbappe sharing the spotlights at some bigger league, like it iwas with Messi and Ronaldo."

Life isn't like this. People have the right to their own interests.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Fayza Lamari first, Aleksander Ceferin second.

At this rate I don't discard the possibility you will quote Al-Khelaifi being surrounded by PSG ultras next :D
Still better than quoting absolutely nobody with info about the so called "disgusting" PSG offer. Ceferin is the President of UEFA, the same UEFA Perez is filing a complaint to.

Lots of moaning, very few concrete elements.

antk

Still better than quoting absolutely nobody with info about the so called "disgusting" PSG offer. Ceferin is the President of UEFA, the same UEFA Perez is filing a complaint to.

Tebas is supposedly filing a complaint, not Pérez. I have not seen any official reaction by Pérez individually btw, must have missed it.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Still better than quoting absolutely nobody with info about the so called "disgusting" PSG offer.
I actually mentioned Marcos Lopez recently, who got both moves in 2017 and 2022 right against the opinion of most of his colleagues. According to him, Madrid's offer was the club's record and PSG's a sports record ever. From what I've seen of him, he is reliable and a very sharp football analyst too.

Ceferin is the President of UEFA, the same UEFA Perez is filing a complaint to.
You surely mean Javier Tebas, not Perez. And yes, I know who Ceferin is. Not the most neutral character seeing some of the most recent events in European football.

Not too many indeed. Let's hope some other people like Al Khelaifi or Qatar's Sheik join your select group next :D

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Tebas is supposedly filing a complaint, not Pérez. I have not seen any official reaction by Pérez individually btw, must have missed it.
You're right, the complaint is being filed by la liga (apparently). A couple of outlets reported it was filed today.

I don't think Perez reacted publicly.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I actually mentioned Marcos Lopez recently, who got both moves in 2017 and 2022 right against the opinion of most of his colleagues. According to him, Madrid's offer was the club's record and PSG's a sports record ever. From what I've seen of him, he is reliable and a very sharp football analyst too.
Are you refering to the interview he gave when he says that out of the 3 kinds of incentives Mbappé received (Sport project, political pressure an economic offer), the economic aspect was the least important?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Why is La Liga filing complaint? Mbappe is PSG player and they offered him contract.

If anything PSG should be filing complaint against Madrid for tapping up the player.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I guess Madrid must not be the commercial beast it claims to be for its star players if Mbappe's contract was a better offer than being the leading face of Madrid. Logic would say Mbappe would have earned far more being at Madrid than playing in Ligue 1, but logic tends to be problematic when they're all in their feelings about getting rejected a fourth time.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
You know I actually wish we were this toxic with Ronaldo, should have kept the bastard but then again Fergie seemed to be very magnanimous in transfer bush.

Nicolarra90

You know I actually wish we were this toxic with Ronaldo, should have kept the bastard but then again Fergie seemed to be very magnanimous in transfer bush.
Ronaldo was desperate to leave, talking to the press about slavery. He was (is?) a cnut.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Ronaldo was desperate to leave, talking to the press about slavery. He was (is?) a cnut.
Still we let him of the hook too easily, 80 mill whole the world record was still probably rather cheap for what they got, hell Milan managed to almost get that amount for kaka who wasn't really the same player anymore or as good as ronnie.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
The transfer drama involving a post-Ferguson Ronaldo would have made all of this look like child's play.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Are you refering to the interview he gave when he says that out of the 3 kinds of incentives Mbappé received (Sport project, political pressure an economic offer), the economic aspect was the least important?
Did I ever claim that the economic aspect was the most important? My entire point is that both offers could not be the same. It was very easy to detect that after hearing Fayza Lamari's words which did nothing but give his own son away. I explained several times why I thought the way I did. At some point you mentioned the lack of reporters giving an alternative version to which I mentioned Marcos Lopez. I honestly haven't explored too much apart from him. I saw this video accidentally on Twitter and I found it quite convincing.

Also, the economical offer can be in the third order of importance according to him. I'm not sure about how much of this is opinion and how much is information to be honest. It is clear to me though that when he speaks about the difference between the offers and puts them in entirely different categories, sports record vs club's record, that definitely is information.

Also, it is quite funny that since the very first day you were demanding others to post reliable stuff and wait for credible sources when you clearly cannot do that yourself.

youmeletsfly

I don't want you to be offended but other than Madrid and PSG supporters I don't think anyone gives a feck about why he stayed or not.
If anyone should wonder why he did so, it's all related to why he stayed at an average European club in an average league. I'm not trying to be condescending about it, that's just how it is.

In terms of who paid more and why he stayed, I agree with you. Until palpable proof is out, nobody knows why and all assumptions are empty discussions. But please don't try to say he stayed because he loves the club/city/all that bollocks because it's the same thing as saying "he stayed for the money".

However you look at it, I don't think it's good for PSG anyway. You have 3 players in the team on 50 mil a season who will dictate every god damn thing that happens around them. Good luck with that.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I'm not trying to be condescending about it, that's just how it is.
You're doing exactly that. Unapologetically and on purpose trying to be condescending. Nothing else in your comment.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I honestly dont see whats wrong with PSG outgunnint madrid.
Ignoring FFP stuff, I don't think there's anything wrong with what PSG did. He was a player under contract, they wanted to keep him at all costs, played their cards right and got him to sign a new contract.

What's weird is this whole spectacle where:
  • PSG fans are offended that the rest of the world understandably thinks he stayed because of an enormous financial offer
  • PSG fans insist that Mbappe of course he'll leave Ligue 1 soon and of course every other team will want him

Last edited:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Ignoring FFP stuff, I don't think there's anything wrong with what PSG did. He was a player under contract, they wanted to keep him at all costs, played their cards right and got him to sign a new contract.

• PSG fans are offended that the rest of the world understandably thinks he stayed because of an enormous financial offer
  • PSG fans insist that Mbappe of course he'll leave Ligue 1 soon and of course every other team will want him
What's madrid has to do with mbappe though? Why you guys complaining?

Because you lose the bidding war? Tell me you didnt honestly care about ffp?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I don't want you to be offended but other than Madrid and PSG supporters I don't think anyone gives a feck about why he stayed or not.
If anyone should wonder why he did so, it's all related to why he stayed at an average European club in an average league. I'm not trying to be condescending about it, that's just how it is.

In terms of who paid more and why he stayed, I agree with you. Until palpable proof is out, nobody knows why and all assumptions are empty discussions. But please don't try to say he stayed because he loves the club/city/all that bollocks because it's the same thing as saying "he stayed for the money".

However you look at it, I don't think it's good for PSG anyway. You have 3 players in the team on 50 mil a season who will dictate every god damn thing that happens around them. Good luck with that.
You think all of our players plays for us because of our tradition?

Dont throw the stone in a glass House

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
There's nothing weird about that, it's actually very consistent. Outside of the money aspect, Mbappé stayed because he considered that he had unfinished business in Paris. The club was a mess last season so he didn't see any reason to renew. It was different this summer, the club presented a total reshaping of the project with a big focus on fixing the mistakes made in the past, focusing on football instead of marketing. All the reports we have for a week now show that a LOT will evolve in the PSG structure in the next couple of days, the President already anounced it. Exit Leonaro, welcome Campos who will, as his 1st job, try to cut all the deadweight in the team with the help of Antero Henrique. Youth management will change, communication will change, the scouting structure will change, the performance department might also change etc.

So why is MBappé bound to leave soon? Because he gave it a last try, which will allow him to leave PSG as the undisputed best player in the history of the club, but whether we succeed in winning the CL or not, he'll have done everything he could.

And obviously, if he's as good as he is right now or even better, pretty much every team with a decent budget will want him.