Kylian Mbappe signs new contract at PSG until 2025 | LaLiga will file a complaint

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He will not spend his whole carreer in France, even if he leaves in 2025 he'll be 26, he'll have plenty of times to make a mark in an "historic" club. He could have 1 more world cup or a CL title in the bag by then (or maybe nothing).

People tend to forget how young he still is.

Also, a lot of people say that he'll never be rated if the keeps playing in ligue 1 and yet, the whole football world revolved around his transfer for the past couple of days. I'd say he's already rated pretty well.
Whole world was interested :lol:

This became a huge news only because Real was involved . If it was just Mbappe and PSG, I doubt anyone would give a damn.

Gavinb33

I do find it laughable that Madrid are complaining here.

Them, Barca and the top end of the Premier league have driven what is happening now really, the hyper capitalist ways and avarice of these clubs is what made them an attractive vehicle for these nation states to invest in.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It has to do with challenge. French league is so unequal that winning it shows nothing if you are PSG. No offence to you as PSG supporter. I don't blame Mbappe signing for that kind of money. But he will never been seen a one of great players by playing in that league. You need to play in best league possible.
None taken, all I care about is winning the CL and same for Mbappe, Ligue 1 has become irrelevant anyways because any team that does win Ligue 1 outside of PSG get gutted within the next season by clubs outside of the league, there is absolutely no chance for an outside challenger to mount a consistent challenge. However, I don't overrated those other leagues as much as some do. I think the PL is the best because it has two top teams as opposed to the other leagues and yet City is very likely to win 4 of the last 5, but it's as much flat-track bullying for Mbappe to play with Liverpool/Man City as it is with Madrid/Barcelona in La Liga, once you get outside the top 2-3, the drop off in quality is just as bad that players like Mbappe would feast on, it's not proving anything at all.

At least he's staying in France instead of simply strengthening those other leagues like all other great French players have done in the past. It will make the keyboard warriors upset and they'll act as if he's irrelevant only to cream themselves and call him the best player in the world whenever he does something half decent in the CL, nobody's opinion matters, only the end result but it's nice as a former Parisian to see one of our own stick around for a few more years. He'll be 26 and at the prime of his career to explore other leagues, but if he manages a CL with PSG, there's nothing he can do anywhere else that will beat the love and admiration he will forever get in Paris.

There's nothing easy about being in PSG. You win the league, you were supposed to, you lose it then it's an embarrassment, and success is only defined by winning a title that's extremely difficult to win. I honestly would hate to be a player dealing with these sorts of expectations, but the money sure helps, and if you manage to deliver the ultimate goal then you're a god and never have to pay a meal at a delicious Parisian restaurant for the rest of your life.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well, wait until Newcastle start to flex its muscle. Football is fecked anyway. Glad it's Real and Barca who is getting fecked.
There's something pretty hapless about Newcastle. But it'd take almost United style management incompetence not to quicky advance on the top positions.

It's very likely City and Newcastle will become the 2 shoe-ins for the champions league each year, with whichever 2 of United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arse and Tott are best managed at that point in time joining them.

90 + 5min

He will not spend his whole carreer in France, even if he leaves in 2025 he'll be 26, he'll have plenty of times to make a mark in an "historic" club. He could have 1 more world cup or a CL title in the bag by then (or maybe nothing).

Also, a lot of people say that he'll never be rated if the keeps playing in ligue 1 and yet, the whole football world revolved around his transfer for the past couple of days. I'd say he's already rated pretty well.
Nobody knows what future will bring but as long as he plays in France he will be rated less than if he played in big league. I think he is making misstake when it comes to football. When it comes to economics nobody can blame him even if he has already lot of money and wouldn't go hungry by playing in LaLiga, Premier League or Serie A.

All in all, I think he made misstake.

RedorDead21

Two birds, one stone. Mbappe to disappear off any footballing relevance proving himself as the mercenary he is. And Real Madrid fecked about in the transfer market. Love to see it. :D
absolutely no different to the mercenaries that make up our squad and have signed for us in the last 7-8 years against signing for city etc for trophies. All players are the same. Unless they are still at their boyhood club.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
There's nothing brave about joining Madrid to win the CL though, or City to dominate the best league in the world. It's far more challenging to try and win PSG their first CL than the other possible options presented to him which dominate their own league.
City haven't won the CL either so I don't see why it , would be far more challenging to do so for PSG. Both clubs dominate their respective leagues with PSG having it much easier overall.

OrcaFat

I don’t like PSG or any of these mega money owners (although I despise our owners as well) but I have zero sympathy for Madrid or La Liga. In fact I laugh at their whingeing bullshit.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Two birds, one stone. Mbappe to disappear off any footballing relevance proving himself as the mercenary he is. And Real Madrid fecked about in the transfer market. Love to see it. :D
They said that about him 5 years ago and still can't stop talking about him today, he'll be just fine. You can keep pushing the lazy narrative of mercenary (even though Madrid offered pretty much a similar package), it just doesn't stick as well when he's being a mercenary for the club of his home city.

City haven't won the CL either so I don't see why it , would be far more challenging to do so for PSG. Both clubs dominate their respective leagues with PSG having it much easier overall.
The argument is that City gets a bit more challenged on a week-to-week basis which helps them in the big meetings of the CL and they have a much more stable structure and a manager that's at the full maturation of his project with a new injection of much-needed blood at the #9 with Haaland. PSG still has a lot to prove as far as putting a structure in place and a project they can stick to and develop. The thing is the CL is also a complete mystery where the best teams don't always win, which is why it's so silly to base your entire existence over it, but here we are anyways.

UpWithRivers

Tebas throwing stones in glass houses, La Liga had no problem with this.
Someone do the maths on this sht. Its too big a numbers for my head! 555,237,619 + 115,225,000 + 77,929,955 = 748 392 574 Total package for 4 years? 748 392 574 / 4 = 187 098 143 per year? 187 098 143 / 52 = 3 598 041 per week? 3.5 mill a week?!! Yeah its Euros and total package but thats what it is right?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Nobody knows what future will bring but as long as he plays in France he will be rated less than if he played in big league. I think he is making misstake when it comes to football. When it comes to economics nobody can blame him even if he has already lot of money and wouldn't go hungry by playing in LaLiga, Premier League or Serie A.

All in all, I think he made misstake.
So you don't think that there is any value for a high profile player to stay in his home country and potentially elevate the profile of his league. I do think that we need to have a serious conversation on that topic because people seem to suggest that top players should leave Ligue 1 because it's a nothing league but Ligue 1 is the league that produces the most player for top clubs but these players tend to leave because wages are not as high in France. If I understand correctly people are against the idea of seeing a league that is producing talents to grow, they want to see a continuous leakage of talent.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
So you don't think that there is any value for a high profile player to stay in his home country and potentially elevate the profile of his league.
There is no value for it in the current context: a single team in Ligue 1 dramatically dwarfs all the rest in terms of budget, and the player in question plays for them.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Whole world was interested :lol:

This became a huge news only because Real was involved . If it was just Mbappe and PSG, I doubt anyone would give a damn.
You're probably, it was probably only because it was Real Madrid. I actually saw the same kind of agitation when Jovic or Rodrygo signed. Oh wait, we didn't. We didn't even see half of that for Hazard.

But I mean, to determine if he was a big deal we'd need something crazy like Real Madrid fans chanting Mbappe's name in their own stadium, THAT would be insane.
Oh wait, they did.

But yeah, not a big deal right?

JPRouve

Scout
There is no value for it in the current context: a single team in Ligue 1 dramatically dwarfs all the rest in terms of budget, and the player in question plays for them.
There is a marketing value whether you like it or not people care about Mbappé and that's why so many people are out here being all wound up.

TheReligion

Abusive
£256m contract. For one person.

Look at what’s going on in the world. The poverty, death and destruction.

Makes you feel sick.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert

Agree really. He's still young and there is a chance for him to win a first CL with PSG, which is a bigger deal than winning the 14th CL with Real Madrid. I think if he achieves that, he will leave. Probably feels right now that there is unfinished business in Paris, and we also get to see if the combo with Messi and Neymar can develop (hopefully under a better manager).

The downside is that he will not really be considered for awards like the Ballon D'Or unless he wins the CL. I can't remember the last French based player who won it. Was it Papin?

jm99

Tebas throwing stones in glass houses, La Liga had no problem with this.
Well remember Messi brought in 30% of Barca's revenue (even though they signed the contract with Spotify that was their biggest ever after he left)

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I said it in the Mbappe thread and I’ll say it again, PSG massively contributed to play values spiraling out of control when they signed Neymar and Mbappe in the first place. Now they are ready to completely unbalance contracts, which if we are being honest, we’re ridiculous anyway.

Now we have a club spending way what’s probably equivalent to the entire transfer budget of the rest of France to extend their own players contract and on top of that opened the door for even more player power.

What we can expect is that FIFA and UEFA will cowardly not enforce their own rules on financial regulation.

TheReligion

Abusive
I said it in the Mbappe thread and I’ll say it again, PSG massively contributed to play values spiraling out of control when they signed Neymar and Mbappe in the first place. Now they are read to completely unbalance contracts l, which if we are being honest we’re ridiculous anyway.

Now we have a club spending way what’s probably equivalent to the entire transfer budget of the rest of France to extend their own players contract and on top of that opened the door for even more player power.

What we can expect is that FIFA and UEFA will cowardly not enforce their own rules on financial regulation.
Your club played its part let’s not forget that.

90 + 5min

None taken, all I care about is winning the CL and same for Mbappe, Ligue 1 has become irrelevant anyways because any team that does win Ligue 1 outside of PSG get gutted within the next season by clubs outside of the league, there is absolutely no chance for an outside challenger to mount a consistent challenge. However, I don't overrated those other leagues as much as some do. I think the PL is the best because it has two top teams as opposed to the other leagues and yet City is very likely to win 4 of the last 5, but it's as much flat-track bullying for Mbappe to play with Liverpool/Man City as it is with Madrid/Barcelona in La Liga, once you get outside the top 2-3, the drop off in quality is just as bad that players like Mbappe would feast on, it's not proving anything at all.

At least he's staying in France instead of simply strengthening those other leagues like all other great French players have done in the past. It will make the keyboard warriors upset and they'll act as if he's irrelevant only to cream themselves and call him the best player in the world whenever he does something half decent in the CL, nobody's opinion matters, only the end result but it's nice as a former Parisian to see one of our own stick around for a few more years. He'll be 26 and at the prime of his career to explore other leagues, but if he manages a CL with PSG, there's nothing he can do anywhere else that will beat the love and admiration he will forever get in Paris.

There's nothing easy about being in PSG. You win the league, you were supposed to, you lose it then it's an embarrassment, and success is only defined by winning a title that's extremely difficult to win. I honestly would hate to be a player dealing with these sorts of expectations, but the money sure helps, and if you manage to deliver the ultimate goal then you're a god and never have to pay a meal at a delicious Parisian restaurant for the rest of your life.
For me, league is always number one. Even if I played in farmers league at some other continent league is always number one. Something you should have in bag. Every season unless something strange or unpredicted happens. To win Champions League is different matter and you have tried but didn't have luck or couldn't take next step. Maybe he wants to win it for Paris. Maybe that is the only reason he stayed. That would be nice but with the money involved I think that decided because he could have the same chance with other clubs in bigger leagues. If not bigger chance. I still think he made misstake from football point of view. I see it as if Ronaldo, instead of playing in England and Spain stayed and played for Sporting Lissabon until he was 26. If he hade same development as he did now.

That bold text is spot on.

JPRouve

Scout
Agree really. He's still young and there is a chance for him to win a first CL with PSG, which is a bigger deal than winning the 14th CL with Real Madrid. I think if he achieves that, he will leave. Probably feels right now that there is unfinished business in Paris, and we also get to see if the combo with Messi and Neymar can develop (hopefully under a better manager).

The downside is that he will not really be considered for awards like the Ballon D'Or unless he wins the CL. I can't remember the last French based player who won it. Was it Papin?
Weah won it based on his performances for PSG but he was transferred to Milan that summer.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Ligue 1 has become irrelevant anyways because any team that does win Ligue 1 outside of PSG get gutted within the next season
The main reason is the other clubs don't have the financial capacity to keep their best players.
It's a different debate but I think a league needs to have a couple of clubs with equal financial capacity. I don't think it does PSG any favours if the league is irrelevant to them.

Kaos

Real are pathetic. First pioneering this super league debacle, and now throwing their toys out of the pram because they can't have their shiny new toy.

I do feel its a bit of a waste for Mbappe to spend his best years in the French league, feels like a massive waste.

Kelly15

Isn't LA Liga a 2 team league? Dwarfing all the rest of the teams in terms of budget?

90 + 5min

So you don't think that there is any value for a high profile player to stay in his home country and potentially elevate the profile of his league. I do think that we need to have a serious conversation on that topic because people seem to suggest that top players should leave Ligue 1 because it's a nothing league but Ligue 1 is the league that produces the most player for top clubs but these players tend to leave because wages are not as high in France. If I understand correctly people are against the idea of seeing a league that is producing talents to grow, they want to see a continuous leakage of talent.
I think you missunderstand me. From football point of view I think he made misstake because he will play in league where you basicly have won every season unless something unpredicted happens. There is nothing in it for Mbappe except tons of money and to try winning Champions League. Will that make him one of the greats by playing in that league? Of course not. He has potential to be that but he needs to prove that on higher level. Not against Metz or Bordeaux.

R'hllor

La Liga :lol: no shame. Also suddenly La Liga is pillar of morality,class and fairness, miss me with that shit. They cant have their way no more with ez like before, so they cry now.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

Yes it was. Weah got it in Milan but mostly for his season at PSG. On the other hand, i wouldn't obviously count Messi's Ballon d'or.

I said it in the Mbappe thread and I’ll say it again, PSG massively contributed to play values spiraling out of control when they signed Neymar and Mbappe in the first place. Now they are ready to completely unbalance contracts, which if we are being honest, we’re ridiculous anyway.

Mate, take a look at the Messi contract in the previous pages, it was a whole other dimension (even if he was obviously a superior player, he earned 3 times what Mbappé is getting).

cyberman

I called this with both Haaland and Mbappe. You will not see either in La Liga, that balance of power they had is now gone. Magically you will now see the BRAND NEW MESSI V RONALDO RIVALRY doe a death now. Coincidence im sure