La Liga: 2011/2012

wr8_utd

:'(
Madrid 2-0 up away at Zaragoza in 32 minutes.

Madrid and Barca should just be allowed to play each other 38 times :D

PS: Ronaldo and Marcelo with the goals.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Calling it the Scottish league on a day when 2 of the best sides in England are humiliated?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Calling it the Scottish league on a day when 2 of the best sides in England are humiliated?
I think Valencia in third place finished 21 points behind Real last season. His point is very much valid despite today's results.

As for this game, I've been watching it and Madrid are a bit boring in their style of play despite the fact that they're 2-0 up.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
A league should not just judged by its title race.The fight for European places as well as relegation can also deliver some cracking matches.If I watch La Liga match, I try not to think too much of the domination of the big 2

wr8_utd

Malaga starting XI at Sevilla: Caballero, Gámez, Demichelis, Mathijsen, Eliseu; Joaquín, Apoño, Toulalan, Cazorla; Rondón, Van Nistelrooy.

No Beast today though.

Kelvin

They all go into hiding when they play barca and real madrid...

Cal?

CR7 fan
Hat-trick from Ronaldo in the first game of the season.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Let's hope Real try to save football by conceding seven.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Real Madrid have a frightening squad. And yet they will still finish 2nd. Pleased for Kaka but surely he is going to waste in his current bit part role.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I'm perfectly serious when I say that I expect Ronaldo to score 60-65 this year.

If he plays all 38 SPL games I expect him to score in 34 of those.
Out of interest, do you think the bottom half of the PL is far stronger than the bottom half of La Liga?

amolbhatia50k

I'm perfectly serious when I say that I expect Ronaldo to score 60-65 this year.

If he plays all 38 SPL games I expect him to score in 34 of those.
I can see that happening.

Real's focus for winning the league should be on beating the rest of the teams and hoping they do better in those and it makes up for the 2 loses or 1 loss 1 draw that they'll suffer at the hands of Barca.

wr8_utd

Out of interest, do you think the bottom half of the PL is far stronger than the bottom half of La Liga?
I don't know but I do know the bottom half of the PL would not roll over and die the way SPL teams do when Madrid and Barca are in town.

Maybe because goal difference doesn't matter in Spain, no one cares and hence go out to attack Madrid and Barca.
I can see that happening.

Real's focus for winning the league should be on beating the rest of the teams and hoping they do better in those and it makes up for the 2 loses or 1 loss 1 draw that they'll suffer at the hands of Barca.
True :lol:

They'll probably get around 30-32 wins I guess.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I don't know but I do know the bottom half of the PL would not roll over and die the way SPL teams do when Madrid and Barca are in town.

Maybe because goal difference doesn't matter in Spain, no one cares and hence go out to attack Madrid and Barca.

True :lol:

They'll probably get around 30-32 wins I guess.
33 wins ought to do it, I can't see Barca getting 100pts.

Kelvin

malaga 2-0 down against sevilla, negredo with both goals.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
And yet, Real Madrid lost 4 times in La Liga - once to Barca, the other three defeats were to mid/bottom teams. The three included Zaragosa. Barca's two defeats came against bottom half clubs as well

Some of them do start out defensive, but the big difference you notice from the PL is that a team that's losing by a goal or two won't try to defend to spare their goal difference or their dignity, they'll try to scrap out a result. A fair enough tactic against most teams, but horrible when it goes wrong.

Like Arsenal letting in 8, or Roma letting in 7 or even Madrid letting in 5 or us letting in 4

Kelvin

barca vs villareal tonight, should be a good game

amolbhatia50k

I hope so. Everytime I try to watch Real or Barca they smash someone senseless. It's very discouraging :(

wr8_utd

Unreal line up from Barca.

Just one "proper" defender :lol:

Valdés, Fábregas, Iniesta, Alexis, Messi, Thiago, Mascherano, Keita, Sergio, Pedro & Abidal

amolbhatia50k

Unreal line up from Barca.

Just one "proper" defender :lol:

Valdés, Fábregas, Iniesta, Alexis, Messi, Thiago, Mascherano, Keita, Sergio, Pedro & Abidal
How the hell is that bunch going to line up?

Busquets, Mascherano, Keita and Abidal in defence?

wr8_utd

How the hell is that bunch going to line up?

Busquets, Mascherano, Keita and Abidal in defence?
Mascherano has become a permanent CB so yes he'll be there and I assume Keita will be LB. Maybe they'll shift Mascherano to RB and Bus to CB?

They've got a lot of injuries in defense right now.

Their attack is scary though : Messi, Pedro, Sanchez, Thiago, Iniesta and Fabregas

EvilChuck

There was talk when they signed Fabregas that they might start playing a 3-4-3, which is what I expect we'll see tonight. A back 3 of Mascherano, Abidal and Busquets, a midfield 4 of Keita, Thiago, Fabregas and Iniesta, and then Sanchez, Pedro and Messi playing as the attacking 3.

amolbhatia50k

So no defense minded midfielder.

Haven't seen this Thiago yet. Chance to find out what he's all about.