La Liga 2019/20

James Peril

That’s just sexy. That pass from Kroos too is just sublime, not many can do that... a bit like a tricky golf shot only Tiger and Mickleson is capable of... and that touch and volley, lovely

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I have to be honest I’ve only seen him a handful of times this season, maybe 6-7 games but he’s just not looked the player he was at Chelsea, for all the stick Griezmann gets I’m surprised Hazard seems to get away with it,

He’s definitely not the “Star” to take Madrid to that next level
I agree that so far the signing had been a let down but I disagree with that last line because he’s been so injured he deserved a break. He’s been overweight and struggled at times but for example today I thought he was pretty solid. Madrid just need to add another goal scorer and they’ll continue to do well. I did go to Madrid derby earlier this season (at Atletico’s stadium) and he was completely anonymous and slow. But I do think the coming season we’ll see a much better Hazard.

Griezmann is played out of position but at least he still had an excellent work rate. Having said that, he made a mistake coming to Barca as the team needs a winger and Griezmann is better playing behind a striker.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
So Celta Vigo were allowed an emergency signing to replace their injured goalkeeper and they decide to bring back striker Nolito instead? Seems like Spanish clubs are following Barcelona's lead.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
So Celta Vigo were allowed an emergency signing to replace their injured goalkeeper and they decide to bring back striker Nolito instead? Seems like Spanish clubs are following Barcelona's lead.
The rule has been in place long before Barca used it.

RoyH1

That’s just sexy. That pass from Kroos too is just sublime, not many can do that... a bit like a tricky golf shot only Tiger and Mickleson is capable of... and that touch and volley, lovely
The pass by Kroos is ridiculous and Benzema's finish is world class.

Still think Barsa will win the title but RM has come back from the break in good form. Hazard, numbers be damned, is starting to become a real danger player for them .It's going to be an interesting end to La Liga.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Atletico will bend over for Barcelona as always so I think the schedules are qui comparable.

Tonight's game might the toughest fixture Barca has left

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Sevilla is usually getting wobbly legs against Barca and the recent head-to-head record is not pretty. The last win in the league was in 2015. You'll have to go almost 10 years further back (to 2007) to find another one.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Surprised that Real Madrid won so convincingly in the end, Valencia has caused them a lot of trouble over the years, both home and away.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Still eight games left but Madrid are in the driver’s seat now.

Last edited:

TheLord

Why in your opinion?
Because if they win everything now onwards, they will win the League. Remember, La Liga awards the winner’s prize based on head-to -head and not goal-difference if two teams are tied on points.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I guess it's merely because Madrid depend on themselves now. If they win next game they will be first.

But there are many matches left and Real Sociedad away is a tough one.

For sure but Sociedad’s form lately has been rough. Plus you guys are in better form since the break. Hazard healthy has been good for you.

TheLord

The combination of a fully fit Hazard (finally) and Benzema looked sublime in the previous match. As crazy as it sounds, if Real win the La Liga, they must thank the virus!

PedroMendez

Acolyte
great point for Sevilla and now the league is wide open. A bit lucky, that the ref didn't give yellow cards early in the game. Especially Regulion and Munir got away with a couple of cynical fouls on Messi. In the second half, Sevilla was much better and could have scored. Diego Carlos and Kounde are one of the best CB partnerships of this la liga season.

@carvajal do you guys want Reguilon back? (personally I don't think he is good enough for Real, but maybe you want to test him for a season as backup)

Last edited:

RoyH1

8 games is still a long time in footballing terms and Madrid always drops points against smaller teams. They play ferociously against Madrid and they don't have a Messi to rescue them when they play bad. This will go down to the wire and I still expect Barsa to lift the trophy.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
@carvajal do you guys want Reguilon back? (personally I don't think he is good enough for Real, but maybe you want to test him for a season as backup)
I don't think so. For what I read the most likely is to loan him again, and I imagine that Sevilla are the most reasonable destination.
I probably would sell him too if comes some crazy offer.
In Madrid he would have a very difficult time with Mendy (and Marcelo?) and I guess they think of Achraf for the left even before Reguilón

BalanceUnAutreJoint

8 games is still a long time in footballing terms and Madrid always drops points against smaller teams. They play ferociously against Madrid and they don't have a Messi to rescue them when they play bad. This will go down to the wire and I still expect Barsa to lift the trophy.
Actually Benzema is doing way more than Messi against top Liga teams this season, Messi has scored 17 of his 21 goals against bottom 10 teams
11 of his 14 assists are also against bottom 10 teams.
And Barca has yet to play Atletico a 2nd time.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I don't think so. For what I read the most likely is to loan him again, and I imagine that Sevilla are the most reasonable destination.
I probably would sell him too if comes some crazy offer.
In Madrid he would have a very difficult time with Mendy (and Marcelo?) and I guess they think of Achraf for the left even before Reguilón
Yep. Mendy is not starter material but he's a solid defender and he was very expensive. Unless somebody comes with a big offer for him, we should look to sell reguilon and marcelo and sign a starter

RoyH1

Actually Benzema is doing way more than Messi against top Liga teams this season, Messi has scored 17 of his 21 goals against bottom 10 teams
11 of his 14 assists are also against bottom 10 teams.
And Barca has yet to play Atletico a 2nd time.
You're not seriously saying that Benzema is a more decisive player than Lionel Messi, right?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Yep. Mendy is not starter material but he's a solid defender and he was very expensive. Unless somebody comes with a big offer for him, we should look to sell reguilon and marcelo and sign a starter
What players do you think could be starters?.
I am quite happy with Mendy so far. I think he improved with the ball and attacking

Paul_Scholes18

You're not seriously saying that Benzema is a more decisive player than Lionel Messi, right?
Benzema scores more great goals than Messi this season too. Messi can't match the goal last night for Benzema vs Valencia.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What players do you think could be starters?.
I am quite happy with Mendy so far. I think he improved with the ball and attacking
No idea

Mendy is still a net negative when we attack against a deep block. Ideally someone like Bayern's kid, Davies, would be awesome. Though there's zero chance of Bayern selling him

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
We just ignoring Messi has missed a few games vs top 10 sides? Played 45 minutes in two games as well..

7 goals/assists in 11 starts. One of those he went off injured after 45 minutes!

Benzema has 8 in 12 starts...

Facts aye??

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
No idea

Mendy is still a net negative when we attack against a deep block. Ideally someone like Bayern's kid, Davies, would be awesome. Though there's zero chance of Bayern selling him
And what do you think of another Hernández? :D I don't know how his ankle is

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
We just ignoring Messi has missed a few games vs top 10 sides? Played 45 minutes in two games as well..

7 goals/assists in 11 starts. One of those he went off injured after 45 minutes!

Benzema has 8 in 12 starts...

Facts aye??
Bingo

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
And what do you think of another Hernández? :D I don't know how his ankle is
Pisses me off so bad

Useless cnut had to be a useless cnut for us and then for real on loan, we sell him and he promptly shows off all the tantalizing talent that made us sign him in the first place

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Rubi will probably be sacked in the next days. Disappointing season
Pisses me off so bad

Useless cnut had to be a useless cnut for us and then for real on loan, we sell him and he promptly shows off all the tantalizing talent that made us sign him in the first place
I meant Lucas hehe, but it's just a fantasy for the lack of transfer news