La Liga 2019/20

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Nah man, guy was right in front of Courtois. Clear rules when a player is obscuring the view of a keeper in a offside position. It was the right call.
Not really. I don't think he impacts the play in any way

Unlike valencia last game, that was the right call

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Sociedad's shouldn't have stood, that one's fine. Both Madrid goals were absolute bollocks though. :lol:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
three very controversial decisions. Barcelona's press / influencers must be fuming

V.O.

Nice to see Asensio back. Was looking like he had a chance to be the next megastar of football not very long ago.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Does Guillem Balague ever shut his pie hole? Delivers the shittest insights as if they were esoteric footballing gems. Just does not stop talking.

V.O.

Does Guillem Balague ever shut his pie hole? Delivers the shittest insights as if they were esoteric footballing gems. Just does not stop talking.
Being full of Guardiola's balls is about as close as it ever gets to shut.

SirAnderson

Nice to see Asensio back. Was looking like he had a chance to be the next megastar of football not very long ago.
Yeah was gutted when he got injured. Brilliant that he bagged a goal on his first touch back after such a long layoff from injury. I expect the megastar narrative to pick up soon enough again.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sociedad's shouldn't have stood, that one's fine. Both Madrid goals were absolute bollocks though. :lol:
Benzema's? Why? Clearly on the shoulder

And we concede ffs

V.O.

He's twatted that in. Madrid maybe looking a bit complacent at the back with no Ramos.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Mendy is the perfect player to be on the pitch in this type of scenario, Zidane is trusting Marcelo too much imo.

Really hoping this ends like this just to see what Pique comes up with next

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Mendy is the perfect player to be on the pitch in this type of scenario, Zidane is trusting Marcelo too much imo.

Really hoping this ends like this just to see what Pique comes up with next
Pique said after the last game Madrid won’t drop many points, he’s giving them credit

V.O.

Good call. Modric is a little bit of a strange one, but another cool head on the pitch doesn't hurt.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It hit Benzema’s outstretched shoulder — I don’t know how people can think it’s an arm. How many times have we seen footballers pass the ball with exact same part of their body right at the joint. How many times have we seen players doing keep ups with their shoulder..I guess it’s all a hand ball now? :lol: :houllier:

V.O.

It hit Benzema’s outstretched shoulder — I don’t know how people can think it’s an arm. How many times have we seen footballers pass the ball with exact same part of their body right at the joint. How many times have we seen players doing keep ups with their shoulder..I guess it’s all a hand ball now? :lol: :houllier:
I guess my view is coloured by how it has been enforced in the PL for years, where basically anything but the top of the shoulder is called for handball. There was definitely a lot of bicep involved in the Bezema one.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I guess my view is coloured by how it has been enforced in the PL for years, where basically anything but the top of the shoulder is called for handball. There was definitely a lot of bicep involved in the Bezema one.

We’re splitting hairs at this point. Let’s just have some common sense and know what handball is and what isn’t.

SirAnderson

Bicep?? It didn't get near it? Unless I've been confused all this time about where the biceps are...

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Looking at the remaining games for Madrid and Barca, Madrid have to really fancy their chances after this result. Having a deeper squad is a big advantage too with all the games being right next to eachother and 5 subs per match.

Huge 3 points for them here

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Didn't see much of second half. Big win for Real Madrid though considering they weren't at full strength and lost key players in second half.

Real Madrid hit the ground running since restart. Looking at what they have left can only see issues at Bilbao and Granada, would expect them to win the others. Barcelona usually struggle away to Villareal. Celta vigo scored six today so perhaps they could peak aswell.

Hard to call really.

wr8_utd

:'(
Looking at the remaining games for Madrid and Barca, Madrid have to really fancy their chances after this result. Having a deeper squad is a big advantage too with all the games being right next to eachother and 5 subs per match.

They'll definitely win Liga. They're a better team than Barca and it'll show over 38 games. As good as Barca are at home, their away form will be their downfall.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Remember guys, RMs defense does not look the same without Ramos, who is now injuried.

I view Barcelona as favorites still, because of that.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

Yup the league is Madrid’s to lose. We have a much tougher schedule the rest of the way.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Big game from Vinicius, he also won them the Clasico before the break. Needs to be given more credit as a teenager

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
They'll definitely win Liga. They're a better team than Barca and it'll show over 38 games. As good as Barca are at home, their away form will be their downfall.
The margin is very slim, for both teams this is their worst sides of the last ten years or so

But if Madrid win it they’ll have deserved it over the 38 games. But it Barca win it, I wouldn’t consider it undeserved either

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I will just share an image and let people discuss about anatomy :D

Many decisions hard to analyze in real time today. No wonder VAR was called so much.

wr8_utd

:'(
The margin is very slim, for both teams this is their worst sides of the last ten years or so

But if Madrid win it they’ll have deserved it over the 38 games. But it Barca win it, I wouldn’t consider it undeserved either
Whoever wins it, deserves it and I agree that both these teams are probably their worst versions in a very very long time but I do find Madrid a bit more consistent (even if it doesn't show in the table) and less reliant on one player to do something. They've also got a far better squad and manager. I think they'll win it.

V.O.

I will just share an image and let people discuss about anatomy :D

Many decisions hard to analyze in real time today. No wonder VAR was called so much.
To be fair, that's a lot higher up than it looked to me in the replays. Me and my few quid are happy to admit I was wrong. :)

I'm sure I've still seen that given as handball in the PL, however (which is something I think they were trying to push to change before the covid stuff).