La Liga 2019/20

PedroMendez

Acolyte
I don't think so. For what I read the most likely is to loan him again, and I imagine that Sevilla are the most reasonable destination.
I probably would sell him too if comes some crazy offer.
In Madrid he would have a very difficult time with Mendy (and Marcelo?) and I guess they think of Achraf for the left even before Reguilón
hopefully a loan for another season. On a different note, I am not sold on Achraf at all. He is an atrocious defender, who has no idea about positioning or tactics.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I guess it's merely because Madrid depend on themselves now. If they win next game they will be first.

But there are many matches left and Real Sociedad away is a tough one.
Because if they win everything now onwards, they will win the League. Remember, La Liga awards the winner’s prize based on head-to -head and not goal-difference if two teams are tied on points.
Fate is in their hands now. If we finish level on points, Madrid have the tie breaker.
I know it is head-to-head in that case but like @GatoLoco has said first of all Real Madrid must win against Real Sociedad tomorrow and then both clubs have still to play 2-3 tricky fixtures......i would be still optimistic as Barca member and in my opinion Real Madrid would cry much more than Barca without the league title at the end of the season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Before Barca's draw I was just going to say that while they have Messi, Madrid are looking the better coached and more cohesive team. Not surprising I suppose given its Zidane being compared to this Setien.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Rubi will probably be sacked in the next days. Disappointing season

I meant Lucas hehe, but it's just a fantasy for the lack of transfer news
It does seem like he’s on the way out of Bayern, what do you think of Oscar another loan or will ye sell him, he is a quality free taker

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
hopefully a loan for another season. On a different note, I am not sold on Achraf at all. He is an atrocious defender, who has no idea about positioning or tactics.
10 years of Marcelo have taught us that if he's really good going forward -and he is- it won't much matter how competent he is on defence. And carvajal is still an excellent player anyways, they can rotate

It's at left back that we probably need to move on from marcelo, whose body is breaking down :(

Not convinced Mendy is the answer. Good player to have in the rotation, but unless he improves significantly with the ball at his feet he's not going to be good enough to be a starter for us. Though i guess things might change if we can land Mbappé and won't have as much need to attack through the flanks

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Yes, he has to improve in that regard if he doesn't want to end up like Odriozola. On the one hand I think he wants to return to Madrid, since he has been in the academy since he was very young, but on the other hand I do not think he is willing to be a substitute for Carvajal, and more after two years of success and surely receiving a lot of offers. Actually I don't know what to think about him
It does seem like he’s on the way out of Bayern, what do you think of Oscar another loan or will ye sell him, he is a quality free taker
He is one of the great hopes of the academy, and he has done very well, he has played and swallowed all the shit involved in playing in a small team in distress, which surely It's appreciated by the club.
I would say that he will be in the preseason and then he will be sold with a buy back option (to Valencia to secure Ferrán Torres and stop his renewal, for example) or to convince Real Sociedad to give us Odegaard now, offering him in that group of players alongside Reinier / Kubo / Brahim, etc.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
10 years of Marcelo have taught us that if he's really good going forward -and he is- it won't much matter how competent he is on defence. And carvajal is still an excellent player anyways, they can rotate

It's at left back that we probably need to move on from marcelo, whose body is breaking down :(

Not convinced Mendy is the answer. Good player to have in the rotation, but unless he improves significantly with the ball at his feet he's not going to be good enough to be a starter for us. Though i guess things might change if we can land Mbappé and won't have as much need to attack through the flanks
Marcelo is an incredible footballer. Very few player have his level of control, dribbling and creativity. He took big risks, but he knew what he could do and couldn't do. You never replace this type of player 1:1, because there are so few of them. Mendy is a solid stop-gap; nothing special, but also no weakness.

Achraf is a speed-merchant, who is taking insane risks. He is the kind of player that is taking 50/50 dribbles at the half-way line in the build up, when you simply can't lose the ball. He also doesn't seem to be the type of player, who is willing to be the support cast to bigger stars, which he certainly would have to do in Madrid. We'll see, but I expect him to bomb.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Rubi is a really mediocre coach imo. Scandal that Betis side have been bumbling in the bottom half for pretty much all the season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Looking forward to this. La Real been underwhelming since the break but generally their style matches up well to Real Madrid. League double last season and won in the cup at Bernabeu in February. Also took the lead in away game until Real Madrid turned it around in second half.

Good to see Isak back in. Monreal and Llorente at back is also much stronger than the nonsense back 4 Imanol put out v Alaves.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Why would you wear light blue against a team that wears blue and white?

V.O.

Vini absolutely terrible
Sorry, my fault. Have a few quid on your lot. :(

It's looked like Alex Iwobi cut off his dreads and just carried on playing after the Everton game.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Remiro constantly handling the ball like soap. :houllier:

Overall pretty solid so far although get the feeling likes of Modric and Hazard could make big difference in second half.

Surely not Real Madrid and Barca both drawing 0-0 this round.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Vini absolutely terrible
Our only dangerous player by far :lol:
Which really says everything you need to know about this first half

James though has been truly terrible. Show some pulse at least!

V.O.

Our only dangerous player by far :lol:
Which really says everything you need to know about this first half

James though has been truly terrible. Show some pulse at least!
I only remembered he existed when the teams were announced. I'd forgot again by about the 25th minute.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I only remembered he existed when the teams were announced. I'd forgot again by about the 25th minute.
Nah, he's been the only mildly threatening player in the first half, for either team

Not that it says much

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Sorry, my fault. Have a few quid on your lot. :(

It's looked like Alex Iwobi cut off his dreads and just carried on playing after the Everton game.
make a bet to cover losses,let's see if we score :D .
I do not understand how in a key game he plays James,after 6 months.
I think it is the second or third time that we don't take advantage of Barcelona's mistakes

V.O.

Nah, he's been the only mildly threatening player in the first half, for either team

Not that it says much
Was talking about Rodriguez rather than Vinicius that time if it's not clear ;). Though to be fair my assessments may be clouded by the fact that I'm watching on a stream where I can barely tell which team is which, let alone individual players. :(

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ah no, i agree with your assessment of james

Ghost

V.O.

Seems very strange from a British point of view to see Ødegaard playing - there's never usually a clause to allow players to play against parent clubs here. Surely he'd be scared to death of scoring and potentially taking the title away from his own club. :lol:

V.O.

Sorry lads, I might be a madridista for the day, but he's barely been touched there.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Vinicius went down easily but it's a penalty, kicked his foot just as he was about to shoot

Zidane should play it safe and bring on Mendy for Marcelo and Asensio for James to be more threatening on the counter. With Ramos being subbed off they feel more vulnerable.

On a side note, 5 subs instead of 3 will be really beneficial for Madrid compared to Barca since they have a deeper squad now that everyone is fit

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ok this one i saw and :lol:

Pique needs to talk more :lol:

And 2-0 and this looks good

V.O.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I stand to profit from this, but feck off, seriously. There'd be a brick going through the screen if I was a Barca fan.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
They can moan all they want, it was the correct decision in both instances.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Shameful officiating absolute screw-job

At least Ramos may be out a while