La Liga 2020/21

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Poor Marcelo. A good captain for his teammates and with so much talent, and end like this, but the truth is that in each game there is a mistake while Mendy looks like a monster.
The press has been hammering him and Isco for a while

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Poor Marcelo. A good captain for his teammates and with so much talent, and end like this, but the truth is that in each game there is a mistake while Mendy looks like a monster.
The press has been hammering him and Isco for a while
Obviously that is not Marcelo's fault but his level has gone down so much since the start of the 2019-2020 season.

RooneyLegend

Disgusting defending going on here. Osasuna have a high line with no pressure on the ball.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Tusquets, president of the management committee, has said that he would have sold Messi, that the players will not get paid in January and that there are parts of the stadium in very bad condition.
https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2020/12/03/5fc8dcff22601dda408b4614.html
there are already 8 or 9 candidates for the presidency.
I think it will be between Laporta and Font.
At the moment Font has announced in his candidacy Toni Nadal (Rafa's uncle) and Cugat (a well-known surgeon) and Xavi is the pillar of the project.
Laporta supposedly has a pre-agreement with Alaba Alaba and could try to sign Haaland.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Any of these presidents mentioned how they'll help the finances?

Idxomer

Madrid didn't deserve this one, good timing getting their luck back before Wednesday.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Zizou saves the first match ball. Looking forward to wednesday

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
2-1
Negredo

Their 3rd/4th? comical goal of the season they've conceded

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not a huge shock to me, Cadiz won away to Real Madrid a few weeks back and had other excellent results for promoted team.

Barca are complete mugs away from home against any semi competent low block team who can break quickly nowadays.

Barca only 3 points off relegation zone if they lose this....

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Tusquets (head of the interim board) opened his mouth to puke some ugly things and not surprisingly Barca lost tonight. Koeman should be sacked if the team ain't Top4 by February, when the new President will take over.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Sociedad shouldn't care about their cup competitions (apart from the Copa del Rey final 2019-2020 in April) because they will never get a better chance to win the league again.
Atletico Madrid big favourites, got the points already, clean sheets as per usual and more flair in final third this year so can't see past them.

La Real could well go out of europa after disappointing home draw with Rijeka, think they have to go to Naples and win to be sure which is big ask.

I think it will still be Madrid top 2 as Real Madrid can still grind out results despite their own issues. Villareal and Real Sociedad can certainly both finish above Barca this season from what I've seen.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
I've seen enough already to predict a finalTop4

1. At. Madrid
2. R. Madrid
3. Real Sociedad
4. FC Barcelona

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Atletico Madrid big favourites, got the points already, clean sheets as per usual and more flair in final third this year so can't see past them.

La Real could well go out of europa after disappointing home draw with Rijeka, think they have to go to Naples and win to be sure which is big ask.

I think it will still be Madrid top 2 as Real Madrid can still grind out results despite their own issues. Villareal and Real Sociedad can certainly both finish above Barca this season from what I've seen.
My point was that Sociedad haven't won the La Liga since 1982 and to get such a good chance again in the next years is so unlikely......yep Atletico Madrid are currently the favourites but they have of course won the league just a few years ago and they will be always a title contender.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Not a huge shock to me, Cadiz won away to Real Madrid a few weeks back and had other excellent results for promoted team.

Barca are complete mugs away from home against any semi competent low block team who can break quickly nowadays.

Barca only 3 points off relegation zone if they lose this....
We have two games in hand, but certainly need to play much better

Gasolin

Bono :lol: :lol: :lol:

0-1
Vinicius?

Whenever I see Vicius now, and Benzema, I can't stop hearing Benzema talking in French to Mendy “He does what he wants. Don’t play with him, brother. He plays against us.” And it cracks me up. I can't imagine the dressing room at the moment.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Whenever I see Vicius now, and Benzema, I can't stop hearing Benzema talking in French to Mendy “He does what he wants. Don’t play with him, brother. He plays against us.” And it cracks me up. I can't imagine the dressing room at the moment.
There was a moment yesterday in which Vinicius fecked up a counter and missed the pass to Benzema and you could here Benzema going „Viniiiiii!“. :lol:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
we need a hard reset, get rid of the old guard ASAP
Oh, i definitely agree. You should have let Messi go but i understand that no one wants to be responsible for driving him away.
Finances were a mess even before Covid, but losing Messi‘s wages will still help.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Oh, i definitely agree. You should have let Messi go but i understand that no one wants to be responsible for driving him away.
Finances were a mess even before Covid, but losing Messi‘s wages will still help.
even today only Messi looked like he cared. Much feel like prison at Barca for him. And yes yes, he’s a multi millionaire I know we don’t need to cry for him but he’s surrounded by so much crap from management to the players who are over the hill he’s wasting one of the final years of his career.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can see Getafe going close to relegation.

Have the look of team who've hit the wall after massively overachieving last 2-3 years.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Benzema is the Fred Astaire of footballers. What a game he's had so far.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Only 1-0, we're not winning this :(

This would be over if Kroos wasn't so tragic in transition

Last edited: