La Liga 2020/21

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Honest question, is Zidane even under pressure, in danger, at all? Will he be allowed to also manage this team next season?
I don't really know to be honest. I have seen some journalists say he's safe and will continue next season no matter the results but I have never seen that happen at Madrid.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Honest question, is Zidane even under pressure, in danger, at all? Will he be allowed to also manage this team next season?
He's the manager of real madrid. Of course he's under pressure, he was under pressure when we won the double :lol:

Depends on how we finish the season, and possible available replacements. Still, he's the best manager in the club's history. Barring a massive meltdown, he should be confirmed

Made it tight but we more than deserved this win. If ref and VAR don't somehow miss that colossal penalty on sergio this should have been comfortable

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
just saw the real highlights. benzema is amazing, he's pretty much the entire attack of that team single-handed.

i vaguely remember jose trying to bench and remove him in favour of higuain :lol:

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
i vaguely remember jose trying to bench and remove him in favour of higuain :lol:
I think we would be in a much better position if we still had someone like Higuain instead of depending on Benzema carrying the whole attack. It was a more balanced attack when the goals were divided between Cristiano, Benzema and Higuain.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid

Pedrerol: "At Madrid they believe there will be a big surprise this summer and it won't be Cristiano"

My bet is Haaland.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Pedrerol: "At Madrid they believe there will be a big surprise this summer and it won't be Cristiano"

My bet is Haaland.
I'm expecting Mbappé to go there given that he's rejected multiple extension offers from PSG as well as PSG's poorer league campaign this season.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm expecting Mbappé to go there given that he's rejected multiple extension offers from PSG as well as PSG's poorer league campaign this season.
That's definitely a possibility and I think it would make more sense if not because of the huge difference in cost between both players.

Also Ramos said in an interview last week that he would like any of them to join Madrid. Then he said Haaland would be the most affordable one out of the two. It was almost as if he was discarding Mbappe because of the sum of fee and wages. I am under the impression he knows something.

https://www.beinsports.com/us/laliga/video/ramos-haaland-an-easier-target-for-real-madri/1651540

There are also some journalists close to Madrid who think Haaland has more chances to be the next big signing for Madrid.

Hoof the ball

That's definitely a possibility and I think it would make more sense if not because of the huge difference in cost between both players.

Also Ramos said in an interview last week that he would like any of them to join Madrid. Then he said Haaland would be the most affordable one out of the two. It was almost as if he was discarding Mbappe because of the sum of fee and wages. I am under the impression he knows something.

https://www.beinsports.com/us/laliga/video/ramos-haaland-an-easier-target-for-real-madri/1651540

There are also some journalists close to Madrid who think Haaland has more chances to be the next big signing for Madrid.
With Haaland being eminently gettable at a much cheaper price I'm inclined to believe that they'll get Haaland. Makes a lot of sense in this COVID/Post-COVID financial climate.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

With Haaland being eminently gettable at a much cheaper price I'm inclined to believe that they'll get Haaland. Makes a lot of sense in this COVID/Post-COVID financial climate.
The cheaper price will only be possible if Dortmund don't qualify for the Champions League. If they somehow do, then everyone will have to wait until 2022 to get him for a more affordable price.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
The cheaper price will only be possible if Dortmund don't qualify for the Champions League. If they somehow do, then everyone will have to wait until 2022 to get him for a more affordable price.
Haaland won't be cheap, that's for sure. It's just that Mbappe and him belong to very different categories, because of the clubs they belong to and the wages the are getting at the moment.

United Junkie

He's also a true Madrid player I believe. He just oozes that kingly class. So he would be at the right place there. If they get him, they will get a force that all of us has to be reckoned with.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Haaland won't be cheap, that's for sure. It's just that Mbappe and him belong to very different categories, because of the clubs they belong to and the wages the are getting at the moment.
That is a fair point, and PSG will make it way tougher for Mbappé to leave than Dortmund will for Haaland. Dortmund will be willing to accept, say, a 9-figure price or even a high 8-figure price, whilst PSG would reject each and every offer.

United Junkie

That is a fair point, and PSG will make it way tougher for Mbappé to leave than Dortmund will for Haaland. Dortmund will be willing to accept, say, a 9-figure price or even a high 8-figure price, whilst PSG would reject each and every offer.
Dont forget Raiola. He will get him the best deal ever. But will he go to the best club? Or will he be wasted at some wee bit no no club like PSG or Shitty?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Well guys, let's dream a bit.
Soon this thing called "season" will end and we can start with what is really important, the summer market :D
Forget about prices and how they'd fit in the squad.
what would be your preferences?(only attack)
Mine, now in March:
Mbappé + Haaland
Haaland + Cris
Mbappé + Cris
Cristiano

wr8_utd

:'(
Another game another stunner from the "finished" Messi. 2021 Messi has been back to the BPITW.

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
How do you score by hitting the bar twice in one shot. :D :lol: