La liga 2022/23

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Such a lame usage of var. It had zero impact on play.
It even helped Vinicius, because the hand slowed down the speed of the ball a bit. But that's Madrid. Half their points result from opponent's gifts or simply better stamina to score late in the game.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Feck sake alaba tried to get the arm out of the way at least :lol:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Are Real's fans (some of them at least) still pretending they're better with Tchouameni than Casemiro ?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ultimately i think i'm fine with both penalty decisions. The first correctly punishes Foyth's stupidity, the second correctly awards a goal scoring chance to villarreal that was denied by a handball

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Are Real's fans (some of them at least) still pretending they're better with Tchouameni than Casemiro ?
Much bigger problem is the attack, Benzema and Vini are nowhere close to last season.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Much bigger problem is the attack, Benzema and Vini are nowhere close to last season.
I agree. Is it suprising though? It was very unlikely that Vinicius turned overnight into a world class player and Bernzema, while being a great player, clearly had the season of his life.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Tchouameni is playing a good season considering it's his first year, except for some weak games like today, and some mistakes in positions.
Casemiro had a lot of games to forget in the middle of the season.
Obviously Casemiro's shadow is long but I think it was a right decision.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Villareal is an interesting team but it's sad that don't have a better front 3. Applies to far too many teams in Liga unfortunately.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I agree. Is it suprising though? It was very unlikely that Vinicius turned overnight into a world class player and Bernzema, while being a great player, clearly had the season of his life.
No, but point being that we had these types of games with Casemiro as well and even worse.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Tchouameni is playing a good season considering it's his first year, except for some weak games like today, and some mistakes in positions.
Casemiro had a lot of games to forget in the middle of the season.
Obviously Casemiro's shadow is long but I think it was a right decision.
I agree, I'm only talking about the fans who consider he is already better (because his passing range is more interesting blabla). The same way Some Bayern fans (and their coach) said they'd be better without Lewa.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Perez really needs to invest in the attack. Endrick might be a bust and is still 2 years out. And we got no one on the RW.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Perez really needs to invest in the attack. Endrick might be a bust and is still 2 years out. And we got no one on the RW.
Yeah, and Valverde needs to settle in the midfield. He's probably Real's best player this season and while doing a decent job on the RW, it's just not his best position. He needs to be involved more.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Tchouameni was playing very well at the begining of the season and now he is not (not that well at least), and the opposite applies to Casemiro.

And in a few months time who knows.

Better to tell things the way they are.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Is there a player in the world with bigger level swings than Dembele? He can look world class one game and absolute garbage the other.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Even by Atletico standards some incredible last ditch defending here. :lol:

Their passing is terrible, couple of goals for Barca here tonight.

daveskimufc

Without lewandowski Barca just faff about so much, always 1 pass too many, no penetration or real threat

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is there a player in the world with bigger level swings than Dembele? He can look world class one game and absolute garbage the other.
At club or international level? He had a really poor world cup in the end. Was too young in 2018 world cup and lost his place after one game, can't remember him in the euros.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Oh yeah even for Dortmund he was kamikaze in final third but very exciting to watch.

Just wondering when he's been in dominant period for form for France considering he's done very little in major tournaments so far.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Fair to say that was coming, very nicely finished off by Dembele. Lovely play by Pedri.

RopersReturn

Terrific build up play and finish from Dembele, came out of nothing.
We’ll have to be at our best when we play them at the Nou Camp.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Should've been 2-0.

Barca would be 4 up if they had Lewa in this.

Wayne's World

Atletico need to get rid of Simeone. He was a fantastic manager for them but it's time for the club to move on from him now