La liga 2022/23

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
It's in the Laws of the Game, so it applies in all competitions.

Looks like Musah's treatment was bound to take a while given that he suffered a "head injury", so the ref did have the power to get him and the staff out of the field of play.
I’ve given up on making sense of La Liga refs, it is what it is.

Real is poor once again.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
That escalated quickly.

I know Camavinga doesn’t really like playing at LB, but he is the best we have at the moment for that position. Isn’t great defensively, but offers so much more on the ball and going forward than Mendy. Priority for next season should be new backs.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
You can take a cnut out of Arsenal...
Am I alone in thinking that he barely made any contact?

Not saying it’s not dangerous play (there was definite intent) but I’m struggling to see how hard the contact was. Looked like the RM player just jumped out of the way. If he was actually injured he certainly didn’t show it straight after.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
That was very Ramos-esque :lol: Surprised he gave a red card tbh, not the first time Vini gets kicked this way.

avgp_1

Watched Guillamon a few times and ofcourse he is neat and press resistant like other Spanish midfielders but just doesn't look like his passing has actually any purpose apart from just recirculating the ball.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
That escalated quickly.

I know Camavinga doesn’t really like playing at LB, but he is the best we have at the moment for that position. Isn’t great defensively, but offers so much more on the ball and going forward than Mendy. Priority for next season should be new backs.
Alaba..?

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
23 years old Fran García, LB, currently at Rayo, will return in July via buy back option. He'll most likely be an alternate starter. You'll have Mendy, Camavinga, García for one season, which is good enough; as stands now, Davies will be targeted in 2024, so no huge LB next summer. On top of that, Leipzig CB Gvardiol is said to be high on the list and can either play LB if needed or shove Alaba there, again, if needed.

On the right side, things are different in that Vázquez and Ordiozola will go into their last season at Madrid, if at all. If they are moved on, you'll have Carvajal for one more season and quite a gap behind him. But, 18 years old Vinícius Tobias, RB, currently in Castilla on loan from Donetsk, may end up staying in Madrid though. He's a very nice prospect, ready for a loan to a mid tier team as of right now, or more by the end of the season. That remains to be seen, but he's doing very fine this season.

So, I think the money won't go into a RB, but will go into a B2B profile with good aerial skills and consistent forward/line-breaking passes, well, Bellingham with name, and a CF to replace Benzema, either immediately or over the span of the season. The backs, I'd say, will be sorted after that, with Davies (and possibly Hakimi a year after) as targets when their contracts reach the final year, even if that means one more year with Odriozola.

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
23 years old Fran García, LB, currently on loan at Rayo, will return in July via buy back option. He'll most likely be an alternate starter. You'll have Mendy, Camavinga, García for one season, which is good enough; as stands now, Davies will be targeted in 2024, so no huge LB next summer. On top of that, Leipzig CB Gvardiol is said to be high on the list and can either play LB if needed or shove Alaba there, again, if needed.
Is this Davies from Bayern you’re talking about? Well, good luck

avgp_1

This is a fun game between Betis and Celta

How is Gabriel Veiga rated in Spain? He seems to be scoring a fair bit this season for Celta

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
This is a fun game between Betis and Celta

How is Gabriel Veiga rated in Spain? He seems to be scoring a fair bit this season for Celta
Veiga will not last long at Celta. The president loves to sell players and make money.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I thought Casemiro's red card today was terrible; Luiz Felipe's red just now is even worse.
The issue of red cards in Spain is to start crying. The referees are very bad and the players protest everything and simulate kicks and aggressions constantly. Horrible.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid

Kroos and Modric both benched.

Tchouameni is back to the starting eleven after a long injury.

Rodrygo will play instead of Benzema.

Real Madrid has conceded zero goals in 256 minutes with Camavinga as a left-back.

Fourth consecutive start for Ceballos in midfield.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo

Kroos and Modric both benched.

Tchouameni is back to the starting eleven after a long injury.

Rodrygo will play instead of Benzema.

Real Madrid has conceded zero goals in 256 minutes with Camavinga as a left-back.

Fourth consecutive start for Ceballos in midfield.
Play Lunin. Courtois was injured in the warm-up.

Nick7

Muriqi is a monster. What’s up with the Real lineup? No Courtois, no Alaba?

facchiano

The Mallorca players have been studying the winds for this game. They've been looking for those crosses to Muriqi.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I have a feeling that there is a foul every 30 seconds in this game.

cyberman

Madrid really aren’t an impressive team. Liverpool might have a chance!

Idxomer

Madrid isn't coming near to winning the CL this season.

I know it looked that way last season too but this time they don't have the same Benzema who was the best player in the world.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid

I know it looked that way last season too but this time they don't have the same Benzema who was the best player in the world.
I don’t think anyone expects us to be fair, would honestly surprise me if we get past Liverpool.

Not only Benzema, every single player is out of form. Don’t know if it’s just them being tired, Ancelotti doing something wrong or what. But this type of play has been going on all season.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

It's pretty obvious that Benzema and Vinicius were overperforming last season (mainly at the beginning of the season for Vinicius). Now you have an injured Bernzema, a washed out Modric, Tchouameni that will need to fit into this team (his injury didn't help), it was pretty predictable this season would be far more complicated for Real Madrid.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Today is Xavi's most important match as Barcelona coach. A win would make the league very favorable.

Barcelona this year has a short squad, I would focus on the league and the cup semifinals, the Europa League with the substitutes.