La liga 2022/23

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
That is good to hear. I really like the guy a lot!

As for players with contracts running out: I can drive you Pavard over personally. Though while Alaba thinks he is a midfielder, Pavard is under the impression that he is a CB.
If you want a CB we have a very good one. Cons, he earns 9 net. Pros, he has funny crazy faces and runs in a peculiar way.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
If you want a CB we have a very good one. Cons, he earns 9 net. Pros, he has funny crazy faces and runs in a peculiar way.
Rüdiger? I would have taken him at Bayern but think he is better in a back3.

IRN-BRUno

Just seen that Inaki Williams missed a league game yesterday for the first time since 17th April 2016. He'd featured in the previous 251 games in a row!

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
This league is starting to look very bad. 5 points is already an important distance.
I think the league is gone for us. Even if it was the other way around, with us having a 5 point lead, I wouldn't be so confident in us winning the league. They've reinforced a lot their squad and I was expecting them to improve in the long term so in order to win the league I was expecting a better start and be ahead at this stage to have a good chance of winning the league. I would love for them to implode but right now I think is more likely the gap increases.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I don't see the league so clearly. Barcelona is not playing well and if they continue like this they will lose many points.
The next 3 games will be very difficult and I wouldn't be surprised to get 4-5 points only.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I think the league is gone for us. Even if it was the other way around, with us having a 5 point lead, I wouldn't be so confident in us winning the league. They've reinforced a lot their squad and I was expecting them to improve in the long term so in order to win the league I was expecting a better start and be ahead at this stage to have a good chance of winning the league. I would love for them to implode but right now I think is more likely the gap increases.
I hope that's true. I want Madrid to put everything into the Champions League and destroy Liverpool.

Nothing more dangerous in the Champions League than a Madrid team that's completely focussed on winning it.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I hope that's true. I want Madrid to put everything into the Champions League and destroy Liverpool.

Nothing more dangerous in the Champions League than a Madrid team that's completely focussed on winning it.
They've been bad lately so there's that, think we should be able to beat them but it's going to be a fun game to watch I think. :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I think he's already started training so he'll be back soon, although he hadn't started as well as last year.
In any case, has been a great signing, about which I had my doubts.
Do you have more interesting players out there without renewing? :drool:
We should create a contract dispute by letting Alphonso Davies know we're willing to pay him double what Bayern are :drool: :drool: :drool:

And Musiala too while we're at it :D

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Gatusso sacked
As long as Lim is still holding the club hostage, they can hire Pep, Klopp and Tuchel and still would fight against relegation. They need to get rid of him somehow. He ruins a traditional successful club all by himself.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Betis - Barcelona to start in 10 minutes.

On paper a hard one for Barcelona, but I still see them getting a good result no matter what.

I am predicting 0-2 here.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Very good game today on a difficult field. 50 points in the first 19 games was unthinkable at the beginning of the season.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Even though Barcelona were good today it must be said the first goal should have not stood. The referee should have never allowed the foul to be taken so far away.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Even though Barcelona were good today it must be said the first goal should have not stood. The referee should have never allowed the foul to be taken so far away.

I call it Karma. Betis shot the ball away to prevent a fast play from barca .

Very good game today on a difficult field. 50 points in the first 19 games was unthinkable at the beginning of the season.
It seems we finally lost our away weakness. Under Koeman, we won like 2 games out of 10. This season, I think we lost only in Madrid and won against every other big opponent on away ground.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo

I don't know the rule exactly, but obviously the goal could be invalidated.

Also before he could whistle a penalty on Raphinha.

IMAGEN

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't know the rule exactly, but obviously the goal could be invalidated.

Also before he could whistle a penalty on Raphinha.

IMAGEN
That image is misleading. If you watch the video you can see perfectly well that the penalty is non-existent. The player continues the play, keeps perfect balance and then chooses to dive.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
That image is misleading. If you watch the video you can see perfectly well that the penalty is non-existent. The player continues the play, keeps perfect balance and then chooses to dive.
In the sports newspaper they put an image where it is seen that he took the foul in the place where it occurred.

Imagen

I haven't checked it so I don't know if that's the fault.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
In the sports newspaper they put an image where it is seen that he took the foul in the place where it occurred.

Imagen

I haven't checked it so I don't know if that's the fault.
No need for images when you have the video up there.

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
Looks like Bengoetxea was surprised himself, but did not have the balls to insist on a repetition, presumably because in the heat of his diagonal sprint, he wasn't really aware of things.

But, what was that from Guardado? You hate the decision, unnerved, so you speed things up for them? The Eff? That decision was way worse than the ref's, bloody hell.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
There I talk about Barcelona's first goal.

Again, you have the real video in my post where you can see where the contact of the foul begins and ends and the exact point where De Jong hits the ball. No need for misleading images when you have the original stuff.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Again, you have the real video in my post where you can see where the contact of the foul begins and ends and the exact point where De Jong hits the ball. No need for misleading images when you have the original stuff.
De Jong takes the free kick where it has been committed.
Are you going to cancel a goal for not being in the exact centimeter?

Minute 1:31

And how the video you have put says is the power of the referee to decide if it is far or not.

Last edited:

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
De Jong takes the free kick where it has been committed.
Are you going to cancel a goal for not being in the exact centimeter?

Minute 1:31

And how the video you have put says is the power of the referee to decide if it is far or not.

I understand that you see something different to what I do. Imo the foul ends later than that, the foul takes place in range of time, not in a point in time and you think otherwise.

What I don't understand is that you use footage which is clearly more limiting than the one I used to prove your point.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I understand that you see something different to what I do. Imo the foul ends later than that, the foul takes place in range of time, not in a point in time and you think otherwise.

What I don't understand is that you use footage which is clearly more limiting than the one I used to prove your point.
Because I hadn't seen your video at first, then I saw it in addition to putting a link to YouTube.

The foul is committed one meter to the right of the vertical line and is taken half a meter to the left.
It seems further away because Gavi is in the race and falls farther, but the contact produced by the foul is further back.

In any case, it is the power of the referee to decide if the place from which the foul is thrown is allowed.

And of course it is not taken 20 meters ahead as Pellegrini said at a press conference.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Its insane how long it has been since last time we defended a league title, its 15 years ago now, might well be 15 years more, this team always gets complacent immediately, it seems.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Its insane how long it has been since last time we defended a league title, its 15 years ago now, might well be 15 years more, this team always gets complacent immediately, it seems.
If Madrid wins today it would be 45 points in the first half of the season, more than last year. That's quite a few points, I don't know if it's complacency.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Meh, league broken up by world cup, who cares. Only trophies that matter this season are CL and world cup. Anything else is nice, but that's about it

Need to get to Liverpool in top shape

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Voro time. :D

Can't wait for Valencia to morph straight back into 1999-2004 era under his caretaker spell yet again.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Got the game on and haven't seen much of Valencia this season, how's Cavani done since moving? Looking at appearances I'm guessing he's been injured a fair bit?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
If Benzema has been yellow-carded for his challenge, then the ref can't make the medical staff and Musah leave the pitch. Since Benzema was booked for what he did to Musah (supposedly), Musah and the medical staff have every right to stay on the pitch.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
If Benzema has been yellow-carded for his challenge, then the ref can't make the medical staff and Musah leave the pitch. Since Benzema was booked for what he did to Musah (supposedly), Musah and the medical staff have every right to stay on the pitch.

I very much did not know that rule. Does it apply in the PL too?