La liga 2022/23

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Valencia losing again.

I think they're going down unless they get in a decent coach.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Valencia losing again.

In addition, the whole city is against the owners. They denounced him for corruption and the press conference a few days ago was barbaric. The questions were wild.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Valencia losing again.

If going down means they get rid of Lim, then it would be the best possible outcome for them. They are too big a club to stay in the segunda for more than a year in my opinion. But it could help them to reorganize.

avgp_1

Looks like Busquets has picked up an injury. Signalled right away for the substitution

Ekeke

Aleix Garcia played Valencia off the pitch for Girona. He's the player they need to sign to move on without Parejo as their new midfield passer. On current form he could potentially get an offer from a bigger club though.

PoTMS

If he is unavailable? I'd say good thing, FdJ doesn't enjoy playing as the lone #6
If we beat them while embarrassing De Jong at the same time, I would love it and I think we deserve it.

Dr. StrangeHate

Now that Barca have won La Liga, they can fully concentrate on the Europa while we have quite a few commitments.

Marshal

Is that good or bad news for United?
Busquets is not what used to be but with De Jong, Kounde and Araujo guarding his back, he has been displaying his attacking talent, even in difficult games like Real Sociedad or Real Madrid.

Barcelona has no replacement for Busquets when playing with only 1 wing. Kessié or Sergi Roberto are totally different. So it's good news for United because Barcelona has limited options and will probably have to play with 2 wings and with Dembelé injured this means Ansu/Ferran are playing and they are in extremely low shape. De Jong doesn't perform well without Busquets, so if Xavi plays with only 1 wing + Kessié, it leaves a lower quality midfield.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Barcelona has no replacement for Busquets when playing with only 1 wing. Kessié or Sergi Roberto are totally different. So it's good news for United because Barcelona has limited options and will probably have to play with 2 wings and with Dembelé injured this means Ansu/Ferran are playing and they are in extremely low shape. De Jong doesn't perform well without Busquets, so if Xavi plays with only 1 wing + Kessié, it leaves a lower quality midfield.
Frenkie played superb today as Sergio's replacement. Of course he feels more comfortable in a double pivot, but he can adjust. Kessie also played very well today. That gives Xavi options, if Sergio won't be available against United. But he was still on the bench and not in the hospital, so there is a bit of hope it's not very serious. Tomorrow we'll know more.

Besides that, we're leading the league with 8 points. Who would have thought that after that start with Madrid's consecutive wins and our struggle :drool: No one would have bet a penny on barca winning the league back in autumn.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Busquets is not what used to be but with De Jong, Kounde and Araujo guarding his back, he has been displaying his attacking talent, even in difficult games like Real Sociedad or Real Madrid.

Barcelona will play with only one wing (Raphinha) and 4 in midfield. The only thing that can prevent that is to rest some players but it is unlikely.

Now that Barca have won La Liga, they can fully concentrate on the Europa while we have quite a few commitments.
There is a lot of league left and it is the main trophy.
The Europa League matters little to the people of Barcelona.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Malaga and Valencia are the absolute worst examples of football investors. Both big traditional clubs ruined. Malaga, a former LaLiga side, on the verge on playing in primera federacion and Valencia also looking like they're going down to segunda div.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Those first 30 minutes reminded me of 09-11 :drool:
We improved so much lately. I'm really looking forward to the test against United to see where we stand.

AndySmith1990

We improved so much lately. I'm really looking forward to the test against United to see where we stand.

When I read "amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing goal" I was expecting a lot better,like a solo Messi goal from the half way line

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

It'll be very interesting to see because I can't help but think Barcelona is far too comfortable in La Liga as it's probably the slowest league out of the top 5 when it comes to attacking pace. We'll see how they deal with players like Rashford or Garnacho. Araujo is great defensively though.

Also, I don't understand why Xavi didn't do more substitutions today, a lot of starters played the whole game tonight.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
So Farca have conceded 7 goals in La Liga all season but 12 in 6 games in the CL. I heard they had their main CBs missing a crucial times but that's a crazy difference.

If we can effectively counter them, we stand a very good chance.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
This Barcelona team is the best defensive team of all time, apparently.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
So Farca have conceded 7 goals in La Liga all season but 12 in 6 games in the CL. I heard they had their main CBs missing a crucial times but that's a crazy difference.

If we can effectively counter them, we stand a very good chance.
Its weird, its simply impossible for them to concede in the league(except against us), but they've conceded quite a few in both cups they are involved in.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Very important victory. Barcelona has already gone to almost all difficult fields, the most complicated are Bilbao and Rayo Vallecano.

The team presses very well. Christensen is having a great season, Kessie very well these last 2 games.
The problem this year the squad is short and we have to start rotating players.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Its weird, its simply impossible for them to concede in the league(except against us), but they've conceded quite a few in both cups they are involved in.
Playing important matches with Piqué, Bellerin and Eric García is to lower the level a lot compared to Araujo, Koundé and Christensen.
In addition the team has improved the pressure and the 4 midfielders help to have more balance.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Playing important matches with Piqué, Bellerin and Eric García is to lower the level a lot compared to Araujo, Koundé and Christensen.
In addition the team has improved the pressure and the 4 midfielders help to have more balance.
Fine, Araujo, Kounde and Christensen are the best defenders of all time then, thats what the stats show.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Fine, Araujo, Kounde and Christensen are the best defenders of all time then, thats what the stats show.
Actually, not having Araujo or Kounde didn't change much the amount of goal conceded by Barcelona in La Liga.

The thing is, Barcelona's style is far more suited for your league as they're very confortable against slow paced teams that can't counter well, which is... well pretty much any team in La Liga since very few attackers have real pace.

Real Madrid has a medium block that allows spanish teams to approach the box more easily and make use of their technical abilities. Probably more efficient and balanced in the CL since most teams have fast players, but more risky in La Liga (that's not the only reason obviously, the fact that Modric is toasted along with loosing Casemiro or having Benzema only once out of 2 games didn't help).

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Actually, not having Araujo or Kounde didn't change much the amount of goal conceded by Barcelona in La Liga.

The thing is, Barcelona's style is far more suited for your league as they're very confortable against slow paced teams that can't counter well, which is... well pretty much any team in La Liga since very few attackers have real pace.

Real Madrid has a medium block that allows spanish teams to approach the box more easily and make use of their technical abilities. Probably more efficient and balanced in the CL since most teams have fast players, but more risky in La Liga (that's not the only reason obviously, the fact that Modric is toasted along with loosing Casemiro or having Benzema only once out of 2 games didn't help).
Funny, many of these teams doesn't look at all slow-paced playing against us. its a myth that la liga is full of slow attackers, top divisions doesn't have a bunch of turtles in attack.

So, i'll just say teams have lost their belief that scoring against Barcelona is possible, when you keep clean sheets for long enough, it just turns into a "thing", Barca believes they won't concede, opposition believes its impossible, and so on.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Barca are simply better than whatever the f Real is doing. They press well and are more organized. Plus their entire attack isn’t a 1-man show like we have with Vini and their backs support the attack and defenders don’t give away goals like candy.

Xavi simply figured it out, all they are really missing is control over the full 90 like Pep teams have. And that can be down to the youthfulness of the team and Xavi still working it out. But they are simply the best team in LaLiga.

Some luck with opponents not finishing? Perhaps, but not really different than winners of the past. We ourselves have had the same thing happen as well.

Now that the race is over, it is enjoyable to watch. Great game today.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Funny, many of these teams doesn't look at all slow-paced playing against us. its a myth that la liga is full of slow attackers, top divisions doesn't have a bunch of turtles in attack.
It's not and it's pretty obvious when you watch watch several leagues every week end. I didn't say La Liga was full of turtles, but for sure pace isn't a very common quality among La Liga attacks.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
It's not and it's pretty obvious when you watch watch several leagues every week end. I didn't say La Liga was full of turtles, but for sure pace isn't a very common quality among La Liga attacks.
But i watch quite a few league games, so what now?

GinobiliTheGOAT

3/4 of the backline were injured during CL. Huge difference when they’re healthy.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah , Barca is winning the league.

Injuries doesn't help, but man we are so predictable, everything goes through the left, and then, with Benzema out, we are trying to make Rodrygo into a CF, he has never been, and never will be one.