La liga 2022/23

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
A very bad half from us and Dembele is probably injured after 15 months without injury. Hopefully not too badly. But I don't see how we should score today. Need a lucky punch to steal those 3 points.
And we need to sell Raphina again asap.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Girona have been all over Barcelona for the last 35 minutes, but not lucky in front of goal.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Barca really had to scrap that 1-0 out, Girona put so much into last twenty minutes and terrible miss from 5 yards out near the end.

Usual boring cliche but that's the hard fought away win that wins you the league.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Horrible match and injury to Dembélé.
Lack of experience to know how to control the game, normal with a young team.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Its not luck when it happens all the time, i guess this Barca is the best defensive side of all time, statistics says so.

Idxomer

Its not luck when it happens all the time, i guess this Barca is the best defensive side of all time, statistics says so.
Luck can happen even over a full season.

They conceded 12 goals in the CL, they are overall not as good defensively as their La Liga form indicates.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo

They conceded 12 goals in the CL, they are overall not as good defensively as their La Liga form indicates.
It is true, Barcelona is not as good defensively as the league indicates but not as bad as the champions league indicates.
Barcelona is a good team in defending, the rest is circumstantial.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
We are playing way too pretty. We need to be more clinical, score one and leave the aesthetics for later.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
We are playing way too pretty. We need to be more clinical, score one and leave the aesthetics for later.
Tbf not for a lack of trying.

Happy with the play so far. Just lack the finishing.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Tbf not for a lack of trying.

Happy with the play so far. Just lack the finishing.
No, don't get me wrong. We deserve to be winning by some distance but since we are not, better to be as practical as possible at least until we score (supposing we do).

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
More than 20 shots on target and not winning this.

Well, one of those days.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Positive is that we are seemingly start to ramp up, going by the last couple of games. Inclusion of Rodrygo, Cama and Ceballos are a big reason why.

Still have a long way to go.

We are giving away way too many chances.
Some players are not in form, Benzema, Modric, Valverde to name a few.
Vinicius needs rest but Ancelotti runs him into the ground, he is trying too much and is tired.

Gap to Barca will only get bigger, so all hope is on the CL and Copa to win something.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Positive is that we are seemingly start to ramp up, going by the last couple of games. Inclusion of Rodrygo, Cama and Ceballos are a big reason why.

Still have a long way to go.

We are giving away way too many chances.
Some players are not in form, Benzema, Modric, Valverde to name a few.
Vinicius needs rest but Ancelotti runs him into the ground, he is trying too much and is tired.

Gap to Barca will only get bigger, so all hope is on the CL and Copa to win something.
There are still 20 games left and only 5 points difference.
Barcelona's next 3 matches are Betis (A), Sevilla (H) and Villarreal (A).

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
But you simply can't concede goals, so at worst you will get a draw or two.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surprised how well La Real are doing. With demise of Sevilla and Valencia they have excellent chance of top 4 and sit very comfortable 3rd. Thought their team three seasons back with Odegaard and Isak was much stronger but they have an experienced core and got that 0-0 despite likes of Merino and David Silva being out.

Imanol Alguacil has achieved so much in his five years there, can see him managing Spain one day.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Barca doesn’t concede goals, and tbf don’t give away too many chances either (unlike Real).

Realistically, I think we’ll simply drop more points than you will.

GinobiliTheGOAT

Barca had 3/4 of their starting back line injured in CL. Big difference.

However, they aren’t as robust as their la liga defensive record would indicate but not as bad as their CL record defensively would indicate.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
This league is starting to look very bad. 5 points is already an important distance.
Looking at the calendar, they may lose some points before Manchester, with Villarreal or Sevilla. Then they have easy games against Cádiz or Almería in between.
We have the Club World Cup, a couple of easy games on the return and then Liverpool, Atlético and clásico in Barcelona, so we will probably lose points as well.
Last year was very epic but it will be practically impossible to repeat it in the Champions League.

Modric+Kroos can't play together anymore, Valverde is bad due to alleged personal problems, Karim doesn't exist, Tchouameni is coming back from injury, Rudiger very unreliable, Mendy injured.
Right now the team is Militao, Camavinga, Ceballos and some flash of Rodrygo.
Without thinking about possible signings, which will arise, who would you renew from Modric, Kroos, Ceballos and Asensio?. (Because of the affection I have for them, I would probably want to renew Kroos and Modric
for another year at some point, after a victory, but I don't think it's a good idea.)
And if it is confirmed that the season ends in February/March, who would be your coach? what candidates do you have?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Tuchel. I'd renew all of them if possible honestly, Kroos and Modric deserve to decide when to end, Ceballos and Asensio are good backups

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
This league is starting to look very bad. 5 points is already an important distance.
Looking at the calendar, they may lose some points before Manchester, with Villarreal or Sevilla. Then they have easy games against Cádiz or Almería in between.
We have the Club World Cup, a couple of easy games on the return and then Liverpool, Atlético and clásico in Barcelona, so we will probably lose points as well.
Last year was very epic but it will be practically impossible to repeat it in the Champions League.

Modric+Kroos can't play together anymore, Valverde is bad due to alleged personal problems, Karim doesn't exist, Tchouameni is coming back from injury, Rudiger very unreliable, Mendy injured.
Right now the team is Militao, Camavinga, Ceballos and some flash of Rodrygo.
Without thinking about possible signings, which will arise, who would you renew from Modric, Kroos, Ceballos and Asensio?. (Because of the affection I have for them, I would probably want to renew Kroos and Modric
for another year at some point, after a victory, but I don't think it's a good idea.)
And if it is confirmed that the season ends in February/March, who would be your coach? what candidates do you have?
Tite could be an option. He's a good coach and knows several players there.
Emery would be a good choice.

Last edited:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Tuchel. I'd renew all of them if possible honestly, Kroos and Modric deserve to decide when to end, Ceballos and Asensio are good backups
Kroos had said he was retiring, it is the club that wanted another year. I can imagine Modric taking on another role, like Marcelo, but not so much Toni.
I would sell Asensio, I'm sick of him. Let Arribas play or bring in someone else.
And Ceballos, I think the best thing for him would be to leave, especially now that de la Fuente is coach.
To have a leading role like Canales at Betis, Zubimendi at Real, Soler in the past at Valencia, here he will play ten games a year.
About the coach I also like Tuchel, or Xabi Alonso.

sokol11

A very bad half from us and Dembele is probably injured after 15 months without injury. Hopefully not too badly. But I don't see how we should score today. Need a lucky punch to steal those 3 points.
And we need to sell Raphina again asap.
I was mystified when Raphinha was signed for any top club never mind Barcelona and general consensus was he will be a superstar. He is, was and will be average never got the hype with him. Same goes for Richarlison. A few goals here and there cannot mask he is limited and average footballer. Alas they ended up on the bench at better clubs.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Kroos had said he was retiring, it is the club that wanted another year. I can imagine Modric taking on another role, like Marcelo, but not so much Toni.
I would sell Asensio, I'm sick of him. Let Arribas play or bring in someone else.
And Ceballos, I think the best thing for him would be to leave, especially now that de la Fuente is coach.
To have a leading role like Canales at Betis, Zubimendi at Real, Soler in the past at Valencia, here he will play ten games a year.
What have you guys done to my man Alaba (besides paying him €20m p.a.)? Is he out longer?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Oh it's absolutely best for ceballos to leave. For us, he's proving a very good backup though, one i'd rather keep. Tchou-Cama-Fede-Ceballos-Bellingham-Modric if Kroos does retire should be decent for another year. Otherwise i quite like Zubimendi myself and Kubo needs to have a chance with us, the one we should have given to Odegaard

Asensio...ok sure, but we need to trust the kids then

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
What have you guys done to my man Alaba (besides paying him €20m p.a.)? Is he out longer?
I think he's already started training so he'll be back soon, although he hadn't started as well as last year.
In any case, has been a great signing, about which I had my doubts.
Do you have more interesting players out there without renewing? :drool:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Forgot the club World Cup hasn’t happened yet. It’s in Morocco right? Not a long trip for Madrid at least.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I think he's already started training so he'll be back soon, although he hadn't started as well as last year.
In any case, has been a great signing, about which I had my doubts.
Do you have more interesting players out there without renewing? :drool:
That is good to hear. I really like the guy a lot!

As for players with contracts running out: I can drive you Pavard over personally. Though while Alaba thinks he is a midfielder, Pavard is under the impression that he is a CB.