La liga 2022/23

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Now, i'm sure we have a bit better record overall on SB in the last decade or so statistically, but there doesn't seem to be a great deal of difference between home and away games in this rivalry.

In England there is very much a home/away-thing when you talk about Liverpool, United, City, Chelsea and so on.

All that goes out the window in El Clasico somehow, away or home game? Who cares.

colombianmancunian

It’s so lovely to see UEFAlona failing. I totally despise the cnuts. Madrid better goes and wins both the Copa del Rey and the UCL so they have a better season than then team who buys referees.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think Real Madrid confused this with a UCL KO round
Honestly that team is just insane how they manage to turn it up in knockout games. Just a legendary collection of players that this Madrid generation has had.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Jaysus I just saw the highlights and I didn’t see that coming. Xavi has done brilliantly in the league but his team seem to just be hopeless in cup competitions.

It’s so lovely to see UEFAlona failing. I totally despise the cnuts. Madrid better goes and wins both the Copa del Rey and the UCL so they have a better season than then team who buys referees.
I’d rather Napoli win the CL tbh. Not that invested in the Spanish rivalry to want either of them to win big ears (even if Barca were in it).

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Many reasons for yesterday's defeat.

- Above all those 4 key players injured. Especially Frenkie's and Christensen's loss were clinical. We lost speed and dynamics in the middle and central defense. Alonso was too slow and made many mistakes. Roberto is completely useless against the ball.
- The referee steered the game in one direction. For 30 minutes, he didn't give one foul aganst Madrid. Lewandowski probably hit his back with his own knee according to him, then the handball from Alaba, I've seen penalties for far less. Didn't give obvious fouls as the one against Kessie nor the clear corner after Araujo's shot which lead to Madrid's goal. Probably didn't take the Negreira case too well.
- They score the first goal in a counterattack after we missed our great opportunity to lead.
- We sleep in the first minutes of the second time. Liverpool 4th goal flashbacks.
- Our mentality is still not worthy of a top team. After conceding 2 goals, we fall apart.
- Xavi thought he can dominate the game with Kessie and Roberto. He just gave Madrid exactly what they wanted. Space to counterattack. The first leg showed how you deny Madrid their biggest weapon. Now you give it to them on a silver platter.

Congratulations to Madrid reaching the final. Now we need to secure the league and do something about those injuries for the next season. This season, especially the CL run could have been much better without them. Under Koeman it was even worse. At some point, we had 10 players injured. It's just annoying to play every important game of the season without your best players. Especially if the substitutes are way worse.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Jaysus I just saw the highlights and I didn’t see that coming. Xavi has done brilliantly in the league but his team seem to just be hopeless in cup competitions.

I’d rather Napoli win the CL tbh. Not that invested in the Spanish rivalry to want either of them to win big ears (even if Barca were in it).
I think either Bayern or City will win it this season.

It's also interesting to note that Milan could beat Napoli 0-4 recently.

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
It was a good watch, so glad no team parked the bus yesterday. I would love to see both Ancelotti's and Xavi's half-time speech, two different teams on the second part.

CampNou

Supports
FC Barcelona
Many reasons for yesterday's defeat.

- Above all those 4 key players injured. Especially Frenkie's and Christensen's loss were clinical. We lost speed and dynamics in the middle and central defense. Alonso was too slow and made many mistakes. Roberto is completely useless against the ball.
- The referee steered the game in one direction. For 30 minutes, he didn't give one foul aganst Madrid. Lewandowski probably hit his back with his own knee according to him, then the handball from Alaba, I've seen penalties for far less. Didn't give obvious fouls as the one against Kessie nor the clear corner after Araujo's shot which lead to Madrid's goal. Probably didn't take the Negreira case too well.
- They score the first goal in a counterattack after we missed our great opportunity to lead.
- We sleep in the first minutes of the second time. Liverpool 4th goal flashbacks.
- Our mentality is still not worthy of a top team. After conceding 2 goals, we fall apart.
- Xavi thought he can dominate the game with Kessie and Roberto. He just gave Madrid exactly what they wanted. Space to counterattack. The first leg showed how you deny Madrid their biggest weapon. Now you give it to them on a silver platter.

Congratulations to Madrid reaching the final. Now we need to secure the league and do something about those injuries for the next season. This season, especially the CL run could have been much better without them. Under Koeman it was even worse. At some point, we had 10 players injured. It's just annoying to play every important game of the season without your best players. Especially if the substitutes are way worse.
I didn't want to talk about the referee but it was very very bad... First 30 minutes, it was 7-0 in fouls against Barca (11-4 at half time). Nobody who was watching the game would have expected that.

I'm still waiting to see a rep of the "Lewa pen" (right before Real Madrid 1st goal). It wasn't even checked. Not a simple rep in the whole game. We only saw the rep from Alaba handball in the min... 35? However, in the 1st half we had a lot of reps of unimportant actions while the game was on. TV realization was very very bad.
We have been weeks with the media talking about a clear offside telling that it was a robbery, even telling that VAR should be banned, day after day, but yesterday actions doesn't deserve a single entry :)

Good news is that Ancelotti didn't have any doubt in those actions so he could come back relaxed to Madrid, not like when a clear offside is whistled, then he goes home with a lot doubts and super worried :lol:

And Xavi was disastrous yesterday. Barca should have been way more calmed and defending closer to the area. We were missing all the main playmakers and we barely had anybody on the bench. It was a suicidal tactic that lasted until the 1st goal. We received a counter attack goal in the last minute of the 1st half when we were leading the tie. It has no possible defense.

I wonder if you will ever write a message without insults. Maybe talking as a civilized person is not part of your belief system. Genuinely intrigued.

Last edited:

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
I didn't want to talk about the referee but it was very very bad... First 30 minutes, it was 7-0 in fouls against Barca (11-4 at half time). Nobody who was watching the game would have expected that.

I'm still waiting to see a rep of the "Lewa pen" (right before Real Madrid 1st goal). It wasn't even checked. Not a simple rep in the whole game.
Here you go:

Talking about the refereering, I can not understand how Gabi wasn't sent off. He was not given a yellow card for any of this actions:

In any case it was a pretty good game. It had a bit of everything.

CampNou

Supports
FC Barcelona
Here you go:
Talking about the refereering, I can not understand how Gabi wasn't sent off. He was not given a yellow card for any of this actions:
In any case it was a pretty good game. It had a bit of everything.
Thanks for the rep. Not the best one though and very low quality. It is doubtful at the very least. You can imaging the press with this action when they were defending that VAR should be banned because a clear offside was whistled. Ancelotti himself was VERY DOUBTFUL about a clear offside 2 weeks ago.
The Alaba handball is also very doubtful, just quick reps. I would like images from 132183124 angles stopped and IA enhanced as the offside from LaLiga game.

8 yellow cards vs 4.
21 fouls vs 8 (11-4 at half time, 7-0 in the first 30 minutes).

Gavi yellow card was by the way, undeserved, he did nothing in that action with Vinicius.
Vinicius as usual, aside from the deserved yellow card, spent the whole game talking and insulting rivals and the fans. He can talk and insult whoever he wants and nothing ever happens.

Game itself wasn't very good, although better than the 1st game. But LaLiga game was far better for a neutral fan.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The Alaba handball incident is actually really clear. It's not a foul, end of story. It's one of the very few clearly defined handball situations

The lewa potential penalty, from that angle does not look like a foul either. Other than that, the only mistake the ref made all game was not booking Militao

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Vinicius as usual, aside from the deserved yellow card, spent the whole game talking and insulting rivals and the fans. He can talk and insult whoever he wants and nothing ever happens.
Madrid's campaign bears fruits. For weeks now they portrayed Vinicius as a victim of racism. The poor boy only wants to bring fun to the people and dance and everybody who is against him, is a racist.
First of all, I don't defend the racist attacks against him and those people should be prosecuted.
But Vinicius also spends the entire game provoking, acting, diving and insulting not only the opposing players, but their fans too. And refs fear to book him, even when he is directly insulting them, because Madrid's media sanctified him and they fear a shitstorm or even a discussion about racial reasons.
In my opinion, it's absolutely scandalous that he can behave as he pleases on the field without any fear of a red card. That's why he also doesn't fear yellow cards and continues to insult and provoke, because he perfectly knows the ref will fear to give him a second yellow.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
“I don’t defend the racist attacks…but”

lovely
You cannot distinguish between racist attacks and unsportsmanlike behaviour? Lovely. But many people can't, that's why he has a free pass in such behaviour.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
The Alaba handball incident is actually really clear. It's not a foul, end of story. It's one of the very few clearly defined handball situations

The lewa potential penalty, from that angle does not look like a foul either. Other than that, the only mistake the ref made all game was not booking Militao
Militao's knee to Lewa's back not being a yellow or even a fould is mental, it's the same kind of foul that left Neymar out of the 2014 World Cup.

Still, I'm not even bothered, Lewandowski has been kicked, slapped, elbowed and shoved for 7 months now, and the refs have taken it as something normal, punishing him when he lashes out.

Kind of makes me miss Suarez, defenders rarely engaged in the same game with him, because they'd usually end far worse than Suarez, were it be related to wounds or yellow/red cards.

OK_computer

Supports
Real Madrid
Gavi in Araujo should have been sent off and Barca fans are complaining :D

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Madrid's campaign bears fruits. For weeks now they portrayed Vinicius as a victim of racism. The poor boy only wants to bring fun to the people and dance and everybody who is against him, is a racist.
First of all, I don't defend the racist attacks against him and those people should be prosecuted.
But Vinicius also spends the entire game provoking, acting, diving and insulting not only the opposing players, but their fans too. And refs fear to book him, even when he is directly insulting them, because Madrid's media sanctified him and they fear a shitstorm or even a discussion about racial reasons.
In my opinion, it's absolutely scandalous that he can behave as he pleases on the field without any fear of a red card. That's why he also doesn't fear yellow cards and continues to insult and provoke, because he perfectly knows the ref will fear to give him a second yellow.
It's obvious. The pressure of all the most important and largest media in the country are from Madrid. Expecting otherwise would be unrealistic.
This was done by Neymar and he was a villain, Vinicius does it and he is a poor victim.

The state of Spanish football is deplorable and is a reflection of the society we have.
Spanish football is becoming increasingly difficult to watch: waste of time; faking injuries, aggressions and penalties; eternal protests of the players; the always tense and rarefied atmosphere pending the referee...

And then laliga does not punish harshly unacceptable behaviors and even often does not punish them.

The Spanish federation fighting with LaLiga every day... In short, what a nice picture we are having.

MalaysianRed7

It’s ridiculous that Barcelona have only conceded 9 goals in the league. In the games they’ve played against us, Madrid, Inter and Bayern, they’ve conceded a total of 22 goals. They are not that good defensively.

OK_computer

Supports
Real Madrid
The state of Spanish football is deplorable and is a reflection of the society we have.
Yep, Catalans supporting the corrupt club sure speaks volume about the society they have overthere.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
It’s ridiculous that Barcelona have only conceded 9 goals in the league. In the games they’ve played against us, Madrid, Inter and Bayern, they’ve conceded a total of 22 goals. They are not that good defensively.
When you take into account that 4 of those goals came against RM alone its even more absurd.

So, 5 goals, in 25 games versus the rest....

CampNou

Supports
FC Barcelona
It is a combination of factors, including some luck in some LaLiga games.

However, in most of those games you mentioned, Barca was missing many important defensive players (in Champions Araujo+Kounde), against Real Cristensen (the most consistent defender of the season) and DeJong who has been important in the balance of the team.

Very unlucky with the moment the injuries came.

Barca defense is not as good to receive 9 goals in LaLiga, not so bad to receive that many goals in those other games.

It's obvious. The pressure of all the most important and largest media in the country are from Madrid. Expecting otherwise would be unrealistic.
This was done by Neymar and he was a villain, Vinicius does it and he is a poor victim.

Spanish football is becoming increasingly difficult to watch: waste of time; faking injuries, aggressions and penalties; eternal protests of the players; the always tense and rarefied atmosphere pending the referee...

And then laliga does not punish harshly unacceptable behaviors and even often does not punish them.

The Spanish federation fighting with LaLiga every day... In short, what a nice picture we are having.
Today's episode of RFEF-LaLiga...

In summary, for non spanish speakers:

- Previos episodes... Tebas want to talk to the clubs about managing referees themselves. (Aside from other shady affairs that came to light the last week about Tebas).
- Rubiales (video) says that it is impossible and says that Negreira was bad, but that Tebas has been making money doing jobs from some clubs while he was vicepresident of LaLiga
- Tebas (tweet) says that it was public and that it wasn't illegal.

Not only football, politics are worse by the day. Only insults and 0 constructive conversation. It is very sad.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Militao's knee to Lewa's back not being a yellow or even a fould is mental, it's the same kind of foul that left Neymar out of the 2014 World Cup.
that's the one i was referring to yeah. Should have been a yellow. Otherwise, honestly in the first half it looked like the ref was making mistakes in our favour but then every replay proved him right so...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Your precious golden boy Gavi would be sent off in every 2 out of 3 games in a normal league. Please don't talk about the kid who has been repeatedly racially abused and consistently has to deal with the worst crap subhumans can throw at a person. Classy barcelona fans telling him to die was just the latest

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Worry about your own problems, such as Gavi acting like a total idiot every other game, thanks.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
" Madrid's campaign bears fruits.... [Vinicius] behave as he pleases without fear of a red card... he doesn't fear yellow cards."

Vinicius Jr. has 13 yellow cards this season, 8 in La Liga and 4 in the Copa del Rey. Only 1 in the Champions League (where you'd think Madrid's "media influence" would be less relevant).

Barcelona fans really do live in a fantasy land.

Mr.Fantastic

Supports
Real Madrid
Nobody is portraying Vini as a victim of racism. De Facto he is a victim of racism. On regular basis. His behavior is exactly what you would expect in such situations. And that before we mention he is getting zero protection from zie Negreira bross in terms of violent fouls he is also experiencing week and week out. The end result being he has more yellow cards than Mr. Gavi, who should be committed to the nearest asylum.

As such your opinion is worthless. Albeit nice window in your decrepit club culture.

Last edited:

Mr.Fantastic

Supports
Real Madrid
Gavi in Araujo should have been sent off and Barca fans are complaining :D
I was watching like a hawk for so called "steering the game for Madrid" in first 30 minutes or so. "Surprisingly" what i saw was Barca making their usual tempo crushing fouls with a nice seasoning of bone crushers such as Araujo 4th minute violent tackle for which he was not given a yellow.

Not surprising though. Negreira has put the bar so high, that even when giving such competitive advantage of keeping Gavin and Araujo on pitch for entire game, Barca fans are sure that in fact Madrid is the beneficiary.

Last edited:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Nobody is portraying Vini as a victim of racism. De Facto he is a victim of racism. On regular basis. His behavior is exactly what you would expect in such situations. And that before we mention he is getting zero protection from zie Negreira bross in terms of violent fouls he is also experiencing week and week out. The end result being he has more yellow cards than Mr. Gavi, who should be committed to the nearest asylum.

As such your opinion is worthless. Albeit nice window in your decrepit club culture.
While I do agree that Gavi should be booked more than he is, lets not pretend Vini's behaviour is solely the consequence of abuse. I've seen him lots it and insult opponents or the ref in games where no racism of violence was involved. It's a problem at Real Madrid and was adressed several times in interviews, everyone knows it.

Mr.Fantastic

Supports
Real Madrid
While I do agree that Gavi should be booked more than he is, lets not pretend Vini's behaviour is solely the consequence of abuse. I've seen him lots it and insult opponents or the ref in games where no racism of violence was involved. It's a problem at Real Madrid and was adressed several times in interviews, everyone knows it.
Racism is inherently demeaning. It completely erodes you as a person. As such it is not only number 1,2,3 reason as to why he reacts in such a way, but also drastically impacts situations in which racism is not involved - such as receiving violent fouls on regular basis, while ref does absolutely nothing about it.

But yeah, Vini is the problem. Clearly.

Mailo

Chukwueze toying with Real Madrid players as if they're not there. Seems rapid.

Mailo

Vinicius jr toying with Villarreal players as if they're not there. Seems rapid.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
35 year old Morales once again toying with Real Madrid. :drool: But not rapid.

In last 20 years is there any other club that's punched above their weight in league and european competition than Villareal? Guess Sevilla aswell but was just looking at league placings and Villareal have finished just twice in bottom half of the table since 2003.

Looking good for europa league yet again.