La Liga 2023/24

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Broke-ass Liga with no goal line technology :o

the_cliff

Yamal needs to cut out his diving but he's a brilliant player. Insane to think he's only 16.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Should be 0:2 but with the help of the officials it's 1:1.
Same old, same old Madrid. Not looking forward to the CL semi final.

the_cliff

Come on !

I'm a neutral and the refs been fine. The ball is not clearly over the line and that was a stonewall pen.

Cama is struggling with Yamal.

G3079

Supports
Nobody in particular
Of course Vasquez is impeded. Defender stretches his leg as much as he can in the way of Vasquez and the ball is gone. That's what impeding is.

Vasquez looks for the touch but if he doesn't he's jumping over a tackle and having to go out of balance to continue. He does that and people say why doesn't he go down?

Even in a hypothetical reality where diving isn't encouraged and rewarded that would still be a pen.
"The ball is gone" yeah because he played it too far away to reach while trying to change direction and he knows it, so he kicks out his leg to at least gain the penalty. The leg of the defender isn't even in the equation whether he can reach the ball or not, and is thus not impeding him. Still never a penalty.
Do they not have goal line tech in La Liga?
Indeed, pretty strange that one of the top tier leagues would not have goal line tech. It has been doing its job well in other leagues for years now, this question would have not even posed itself.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Yamal needs to cut out his diving but he's a brilliant player. Insane to think he's only 16.
Nah he needs to keep doing it and honing it. FIFA and UEFA like and encourage diving. It's not what we like but it's what the game is like and you need to take the most advantage of your abilities to win, diving being one of them.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
It looked
It was a penalty and It was hard to know if the ball went in or not. So far I think the refs have been ok.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Madrid are as bad as we are. Pretty boring game tbh. They beating City shows how random football sometimes is.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid are as bad as we are. Pretty boring game tbh. They beating City shows how random football sometimes is.
Madrid looks physically exhausted
Barca mentally

Not the worst Clasico but certainly not the best.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Nah, you are much worse, and this game is hardly a reference for anything given the circumstances.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Most clubs are broke. Rationale was VAR can do GLT job too
Fair enough. It is stupid expensive, no thanks to FIFA for giving Hawkeye a monopoly and the charging each club an extra 15k for a stamp that verifies that it works.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I hope this is Real using up all their luck before the CL semi.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Its laughable there is no goal line tech in la liga, but i mean, this is the president the vast majority of the teams wants, so what can you do.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Replay didn’t really show what happened to FdJ, was it just a bad landing? Or did the Valverde shot hit his foot?

Bummer for him and Barca, dude is really unlucky at times.

saivet

Rain.

Honestly, that is what a revamped Old Trafford should also have.
Interesting, they just close it when it's raining or is the weather particularly bad? For football games, I'd have thought the preference would be to keep the roof open unless the weather is terrible.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Mendy has to arrive in Germany well rested, so Carletto could put Nacho on the left, Tchouameni in the middle and minutes for Militao.
I guess some minutes for Arda Guler is too much to ask.
I don't think the ball was 100% in but I love watching Xavi rage on the bench.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Replay didn’t really show what happened to FdJ, was it just a bad landing? Or did the Valverde shot hit his foot?

Bummer for him and Barca, dude is really unlucky at times.
Valverde followed through into his ankle which was raised and twisted pretty badly.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Interesting, they just close it when it's raining or is the weather particularly bad? For football games, I'd have thought the preference would be to keep the roof open unless the weather is terrible.
Closed roof = more noise

the_cliff

City looked shite against Chelsea too. Maybe 120 minutes in midweek does take a chunk out of you.

Who would've thought it...