Supports
Real Madrid
Simeone's record against Barcelona:
37 games played
5 wins
11 draws
21 losses

This is their 5th loss in a row

Yesterday they played without Griezmann and Koke, and with Riquelme up top instead of Memphis. I don't know if it was bans, injuries, or just throwing the game

Barcelona regularly beat them without having to do anything really. It's incredible

Don_Johan14

Supports
F.C.Barcelona
Yeah, you've got some exciting prospects. They're all so young and yet look settled and ready.
When all the academy teams play the same way, the kids don't adapt tactically when they get to the first team. There is a lot of talk about Lamine Yamal, which is logical because he has enormous potential, but Pau Cubarsi is impressive, his positioning, his leadership, how he understands the game and his quality in passing.

RoyH1

Something has to give in Spain. I won't hold my breath about it being the culture amongst some fans and referees. At this rate, it won't be many seasons before Vinicius requests a transfer to move abroad somewhere else.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Something has to give in Spain. I won't hold my breath about it being the culture amongst some fans and referees. At this rate, it won't be many seasons before Vinicius requests a transfer to move abroad somewhere else.
At this point it needs to come from players/clubs. Atletico Madrid and Barcelona fans were filmed chanting racial abuse against Vini outside the stadiums before the CL games

Fans in Pamplona weren't being racist at least - "just" wishing him to die...

The strongest message here would be for Real Madrid to refuse to continue playing in these conditions. Then get other clubs to follow, which shouldn't be difficult, especially when the players union would jump right in

RoyH1

At this point it needs to come from players/clubs. Atletico Madrid and Barcelona fans were filmed chanting racial abuse against Vini outside the stadiums before the CL games

Fans in Pamplona weren't being racist at least - "just" wishing him to die...

The strongest message here would be for Real Madrid to refuse to continue playing in these conditions. Then get other clubs to follow, which shouldn't be difficult, especially when the players union would jump right in
The Williams' brothers from Ahtletic Bilbao have also been subject to some nasty treatment over the years.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The Williams' brothers from Ahtletic Bilbao have also been subject to some nasty treatment over the years.
Iñaki yeah, he did a really cool interview the other day on the subject. But it goes way back. Eto'o, Dani Alves...

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Don’t have a link at the ready, but another round of good ol racism. Tiring.

Vini Jr. statement: “This weekend, I won't even play. But we had three despicable cases of racism in Spain this Saturday alone. All my support for Acuña
@AcunaMarcos17
and coach Quique Flores, from
@SevillaFC
. To Sarr and
@RMajadahonda
may your bravery inspire others. Racists must be exposed and the games cannot continue with them in the stands. We will only have victory when the racists leave the stadiums straight to jail, a place they deserve.”

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sarr went at the animal abusing him, that was pretty cool :lol: . Good on his team for supporting him, and the ref who refused to do anything should never be employed again

As Vini said: jail time for these subhumans

Also Quique Flores getting racially abused by "his" people, nearly breaking down in tears afterwards...hard to stomach

facchiano

Very odd seeing RM wearing purple at home. Marketing because of the partnership with Y-3?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Seriously, why is Rodrygo so much better in this position?
Because it's his most natural one. Fixes his positioning struggles, and allows him to play on his strong foot

Korwas

Because it's his most natural one. Fixes his positioning struggles, and allows him to play on his strong foot
It feels like it goes beyond expected things like positioning, it's like he plays with more confidence and is just sharper in his dribbling and shooting.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It feels like it goes beyond expected things like positioning, it's like he plays with more confidence and is just sharper in his dribbling and shooting.
Because he doesn't have to worry about finding pockets of space. Rodrygo isn't bad at finding pockets of space but he's not particularly good either. Having a fixed starting position helps him, streamlines his job

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I must say Rudiger is actually playing at very good level this season to deserve these chants from the fans

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Plus a few more more attacking left backs too
Perez should just remove the right side of the pitch! :p

Professional win, nothing fancy but got the job done. Clownish ref yet again. Worst refs in Europe without a doubt.

Now we got City next. Hope we turn up.

GlasgowCeltic

Some Prem club is gonna sign Rodrygo in like 2025 and he’ll become the best player in the league

Korwas

Some Prem club is gonna sign Rodrygo in like 2025 and he’ll become the best player in the league
Could see something like that happen, maybe not best player in the league, but I think he could be a massive steal for some club like Robben became for Bayern when he left.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I think it's clear that what this team needs is even more left forwards.
It’s wild that you guys are the only team on this planet that Mbappe would not necessarily improve a lot. (Send us Vini or Rodrygo. Thank you!)

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
In more “let’s see how much we can show our racist asses” news:

RoyH1

In more “let’s see how much we can show our racist asses” news:

What's happening in Spain is wild. It's a country I love and know well, but the stubborn refusal of authorities and part of the population to move with the times is astonishing.
If I was an agent to a black player, I'd advise them to look away from Spain until there is a complete cleanup in their sporting authorities.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Athletic very anxious. A lot of expectations after so many years without a win and I don't think they expected to be losing at this stage.
No depth and too dependent on Nico. Mallorca very comfortable on the field.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Been a good watch so far, this.

A lot of nerves, proper cup final feel to it.

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
1-1 so far in the Copa del Rey final

Bilbao the better team so far

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Mallorca celebrating taking it to pens and then taking those pens. :lol:

Cool moment for Bilbao, and deserved over the course of the game.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Didn't realise Bilbao hadn't won the Copa since 1984. I remember them a few seasons back playing that delayed final v la Real due to covid....and they also played a few weeks later the 21/22 and also lost that to Barca.

Straight into the Europa league and they could still make the CL aswell as only two points off 4th so Valverde doing well again.

MrWilliams

Straight into the Europa league and they could still make the CL aswell as only two points off 4th so Valverde doing well again.
Their match against Atletico at the Wanda on Apr 27th is massive now.

Got a trophy and are guaranteed EL football for next season. Getting UCL will be the icing on the cake and massive for the clubs finances.

Atletico, should they advance in UCL, will have a SF to contend with so they may have to rotate for the Bilbao game

Last edited:

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I am not going to watch Mallorca - Real Madrid

I am going to watch Luka Modric in a Mallorca - Real Madrid game.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
No plan, no precision, no energy.

Yup, this is going to go well at Ethiad.