La Liga 2023/24

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Atletico is having one of the seasons of all time.
Loads were tipping them to win the league start of the season but they've been very poor for a long while, losses to Cadiz and Sevilla in recent weeks and only drew in Almeria so they've lost that resilience away from home, think that defeat in Girona killed their league season.

They've only won four games away all season in the league so basically just being very strong at home keeping them up there.

I assume Simeone is on another long term deal but it does feel the time is right for a change now.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Atletico is having one of the seasons of all time.
They're gonna hand Inter their first non-win of 2024 and eliminate them from CL on wednesday now. Possibly make another CL final entirely off their level at home :houllier:

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Something funny is going on with Modric for me at the moment. His legs gone mean he is probably playing his last games with the Real Madrid shirt but I still want the ball to go to him because I feel he has so much quality that he can make the difference at any time against a closed defense.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Arda Guler scored.

So I will go to bed with a peaceful mind tonight.

redmeister

Modric made 8 key passes today. The guy is 38 and I doubt anyone in Europe's top leagues has made 8 key passes in a game this season.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
The duality of Vinicius, scores important goal, then talk himself into a yellow for no reason a bit later.

Apparently nobody can talk him into letting things go, it seems.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
The duality of Vinicius, scores important goal, then talk himself into a yellow for no reason a bit later.

Just stupid. I could understand getting kicked all the time and arguing, but this wasn’t even that. So dumb. And club/Carlo seem to do feck all about it. Like just stfu, incredibly annoying this.

Another poor game from us, just struggling out there. City will have a field day…

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Just stupid. I could understand getting kicked all the time and arguing, but this wasn’t even that. So dumb. And club/Carlo seem to do feck all about it. Like just stfu, incredibly annoying this.

Another poor game from us, just struggling out there. City will have a field day…
Even when it is fouling involved, he should simply deal with it, Brahim and co handle it, he should too.

Yeah, we are not getting past City at this rate, hope they are merciful at Ethiad.

Pisses me off how we can't get a break in the draws as of late though, is it an unwritten rule or something that we have to play City, every single UCL campaign?

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona

Vinicius Is really annoying. The yellows he gets are not even half of the ones he deserves for how he talks to the referees. The he also plays victim.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Needs to learn to control himself yeah. There are times when he's justified to lose control, but stuff like the pushes against Leipzig and Celta he needs to cut out.

Don't mind him protesting with refs, they're pricks and if we can highlight the lack of protection he(and other players, especially black players) get from them, so much the better

Rodrygo still going through his goal draught, hopefully he's keeping the next streak for City

We played a serious game today

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Vinicius Is really annoying. The yellows he gets are not even half of the ones he deserves for how he talks to the referees. The he also plays victim.
Were you outside montjuic on tuesday? Just checking

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Brahim deserves to start ahead of Rodrygo. The latter had a purple patch this season but isn’t doing it. Unless he already knows he’ll be replayed by Mbappe and is sulking. Either way, a bench option.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Brahim deserves to start ahead of Rodrygo. The latter had a purple patch this season but isn’t doing it. Unless he already knows he’ll be replayed by Mbappe and is sulking. Either way, a bench option.
It's just his usual, he's streaky

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Were you outside montjuic on tuesday? Just checking
No, I haven't been to Barcelona for a while. I'm not racist, a lot other Real Madrid players are black but they aren't insulting referees or other players every game.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Well, for the next game anyway, Rodrygo should start out left, with Vinicius being suspended.

RoyH1

Didn’t see the game but saw that Arda Güler was trending and had to check it out. Had that gone in it would have been a candidate for the Puskas.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Pisses me off how we can't get a break in the draws as of late though, is it an unwritten rule or something that we have to play City, every single UCL campaign?
We've come up top most of the times so it isn't that bad, plus we have the opportunity to knock Guardiola yet again. They might still beat us though, specially as the 2nd game will be in their stadium.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Thats Girona pretty much done for in the title race, Barca with an outside chance to catch up.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We've come up top most of the times so it isn't that bad, plus we have the opportunity to knock Guardiola yet again. They might still beat us though, specially as the 2nd game will be in their stadium.
Yeah, second leg in their stadium plus only one fit and reliable actual CB are the big issues. Also no Courtois, though Lunin is playing well

We get to keep Vini on ice for the first leg though, and it will be very important for Ancelotti for once to have us press cohesively and coherently because we can't let them play the game they want. You beat this City side by forcing a fast paced game and outrunning them, like Liverpool did, or Aston Villa when they demolished them earlier in the season

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, second leg in their stadium plus only one fit and reliable actual CB are the big issues. Also no Courtois, though Lunin is playing well

We get to keep Vini on ice for the first leg though, and it will be very important for Ancelotti for once to have us press cohesively and coherently because we can't let them play the game they want. You beat this City side by forcing a fast paced game and outrunning them, like Liverpool did, or Aston Villa when they demolished them earlier in the season
Ironically we have just the squad for that but not the manager. Here is hoping vibes Fc will get us through, however unlikely.

I really like Tchou as a CB, think he works very well there. And Rudiger has been fantastic for us this season. Mendy is the weak link in defense.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
With Griezmann on the pitch this would be 4-0 for the pateticos by now

Are barcelona getting some players back for PSG? Because if not Mbappé might beat Cristiano's single season CL goal record in 2 games...

prateik

Just checked the score.. what happened with Xavi? yellow on 41st min, 2nd yellow/red on 42nd min... Direct red after that again??

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Atletico is Barca's best friend, giving them 6 free points, and 4 taking from RM.

God, I hope they end up in 5th, as a result of these pathetic performances vs Barca, would serve them right.

Don_Johan14

Supports
F.C.Barcelona
Happy to see kids from the youth academy. L.Yamal, Cubarsi, Fermin and H.Fort are playing well and not out of place. This is the way forward.

wr8_utd

:'(
Fermin has been a really solid scoring option from midfield this season. Its amazing how many solid players Barca keep getting from La Masia.

Don_Johan14

Supports
F.C.Barcelona
Bilbao are solid this season. Atletico may very well not qualify for the CL.
In a couple of weeks there is a direct duel between them. The Champions League could be decided there.

Fermin has been a really solid scoring option from midfield this season. Its amazing how many solid players Barca keep getting from La Masia.
There are several players who show great promise. If I have to say one, it's Guille Fernandez, an inside player with a lot of goalscoring ability. Only 15 years old and a few weeks ago he scored 4 goals against Germany. At that age you never know but you have to keep an eye on him.

RoyH1

The way Atletico always just lays down for Barsa is embarrassing. Simeone’s record against them in La Liga is FBI investigation worthy.