La Liga 2023/24

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
No plan, no precision, no energy.

Yup, this is going to go well at Ethiad.
Eh to be fair, I can understand lack of energy for this game. Very slow tempo, seems like first gear at best. Whatever, focus should be on City. Just no injuries is all I ask for. Wouldn’t bother with likes of Vini or Cama if I was Carlo. Get through this whatever the result.

Give everything against City and if we come up short: so be it, fair enough and better luck next time.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Eh to be fair, I can understand lack of energy for this game. Very slow tempo, seems like first gear at best. Whatever, focus should be on City. Just no injuries is all I ask for. Wouldn’t bother with likes of Vini or Cama if I was Carlo. Get through this whatever the result.

Give everything against City and if we come up short: so be it, fair enough and better luck next time.
We still need to win a few more games, with El Clasico coming up, the league isn't actually quite over yet, and we aren't winning that one either with this level of play.

City won 5-1 today, while we created one chance in the first 45 minutes, these things matters.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We still need to win a few more games, with El Clasico coming up, the league isn't actually quite over yet, and we aren't winning that one either with this level of play.

City won 5-1 today, while we created one chance in the first 45 minutes, these things matters.
City are better than us and they were at home against a worse team tbf

They also weren't rotating as much as us. I mean we're playing Brahim and Joselu up top

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid

Calma. City are simply the better managed team and we will win LaLiga.

Lunin is such a downgrade on Tibo.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Calma. City are simply the better managed team and we will win LaLiga.

Lunin is such a downgrade on Tibo.
He is but he's been pretty good in fairness.

I hope we don't feck up the league at least :nervous:

Anyways, we should have won more comfortably, but win we did and ultimately didn't risk much*(that didn't involve the ref missing a rugby tackle on Lunin somehow)

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
No plan, no precision, no energy.

Yup, this is going to go well at Ethiad.
I don't think you will play like this in Manchester. You don't have much pressure in La Liga AND there's a big game on Wednesday so it's kind of normal your players didn't give their best.
I expect the same from Barca. We also don't have much to fight for in La Liga and we also have a big game coming.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
He is but he's been pretty good in fairness.

I hope we don't feck up the league at least :nervous:

Anyways, we should have won more comfortably, but win we did and ultimately didn't risk much*(that didn't involve the ref missing a rugby tackle on Lunin somehow)
He is better than Kepa, I’ll give him that. Fair shot stopper but weak in the air and on the ball. League should be secure at this point. Would be an epic fail to give it away at this stage.

CL requires a miracle. Hoping for the best but realistically not getting past City.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Starting XI vs Barcelona today:

It surprises me to see both Modric and Kroos at the same time.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Well, certainly not an optimal line-up. I was expecting rotations but starting Cama at LB and playing Fede/Jude after their marathon run midweek…

Just no injuries please. Bayern game is the most important.

Realismo

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm tired of Ancelotti.

How many times you have to throw a game to stop starting Modric-Kroos.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Every once in a while Lunin reminds us that we've gone the whole season without Courtois ffs

Should have equalized too. Just don't feck this up please

RedDevilQuebecois

Penalty. Real Madrid with a chance to equalize.

edit: Yeah, Vasquez made the most out of it. But Araujo was asking for trouble once again.

G3079

Supports
Nobody in particular
That should never be a penalty. He was already halfway over the outstretched leg, not impeded at all, before he deliberately stuck out his foot unnaturally to catch his opponent's leg so he could go down. Pathetic showing.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
That should never be a penalty. He was already halfway over the outstretched leg, not impeded at all, before he deliberately stuck out his foot unnaturally to catch his opponent's leg so he could go down. Pathetic showing.
Of course Vasquez is impeded. Defender stretches his leg as much as he can in the way of Vasquez and the ball is gone. That's what impeding is.

Vasquez looks for the touch but if he doesn't he's jumping over a tackle and having to go out of balance to continue. He does that and people say why doesn't he go down?

Even in a hypothetical reality where diving isn't encouraged and rewarded that would still be a pen.