La Liga 2023/24

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
At least, since he plays for Girona, we can probably get him back.
Hakimi, on the other hand...nobody escapes PSG.
Hakimi isn’t good enough and I hope we won’t bother with him.

Hoof the ball

After 13 La Liga games, Savio has registered eight goal involvements (four goals, four assists) and is being talked about as a Barcelona target. City chief executive Ferran Soriano did not appear too worried about those rumours in an interview with Catalan radio station RAC1 two weeks ago.

“Savinho will stay at Girona until the end of the season and I’m quite confident he’ll stay beyond that,” Soriano said. “He’s told us he’s equally happy to be at Girona.”

According to Girona dressing room sources — who, like the others cited in this article, asked to remain anonymous as they did not have permission to comment — Savio is the most natural talent Montilivi has witnessed.

“He has the potential to become the first player to make the journey the other way around: from Girona to Manchester City,” sources say.
So, Girona get extensive access to The City Groups insane scouting resources, hoover up awesome players who would struggle for VISA's in the UK, develop them and work to ship them off to City when (and if) they're able to make the move. Imagine City chief exec Soriano talking about where a Girona player is likely to be in a year or two. :lol:

Afganitia

Supports
Girona
Well, we have to play betis and AM soon, so we should temper our expectations. Good match today, though.

Antarion

Barca wasn't really that good defensive last season tbh.
Still, looking at prem with all the 3-3 and 4-1 and what not. High scores everywhere. No complaining though, best entertainment in years.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Still, looking at prem with all the 3-3 and 4-1 and what not. High scores everywhere. No complaining though, best entertainment in years.
I think most of Girona's games are like this, they invite you to a shoot-out, its quite unusual for underdogs in la liga of recent years though, so many teams just sits back and annoy you.

Its good entertainment for sure.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I'm all for someone other than the usual two winning the league but Girona are associated with City so fook them
Yeah they do have a few ex Man. City players. Eric Garcia is there, think Yan Couto is a loan and Yangel Herrera was on Man. City's books for years without ever playing a single game (he'd be a good pick up for Man. United imo).

However they do also have Daley Blind at heart of their defence. As usual it's a mix of young prospects, journeymen and old stagers having an indian summer, Christian Stuani has an incredible scoring record for them since joining in 2017.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yeah they do have a few ex Man. City players. Eric Garcia is there, think Yan Couto is a loan and Yangel Herrera was on Man. City's books for years without ever playing a single game (he'd be a good pick up for Man. United imo).

However they do also have Daley Blind at heart of their defence. As usual it's a mix of young prospects, journeymen and old stagers having an indian summer, Christian Stuani has an incredible scoring record for them since joining in 2017.
Argh, don't use the Blind card! I love him and still to this day wish José had never sold him. I'd love to see him win the league but not with Girona.

I'm not a fan of that Herrera myself. I used to watch a lot of Espanyol for Sergi Darder and he had one season there on loan. Really want impressed in the slightest. Our midfield needs more technical players.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I'm all for someone other than the usual two winning the league but Girona are associated with City so fook them
This is where I am at as well. Give me Real over Girona

GinobiliTheGOAT

Nonsense, Girona were comfortably the better team.
  • Highest xG in a single match in 2023
  • Most shot attempts in one match in 2023
  • Most shots on target in one match in 2023
  • Second most touches in the opponent's penalty area in one match in 2023

All in favor of Barca, the defense and attack were not good, but Barca had far more opportunities

It is ironic that Girona play more like how Barca should be playing, would be an amazing story if they end up winning the league.

Ole'sgunnarwin

All in favor of Barca, the defense and attack were not good, but Barca had far more opportunities

It is ironic that Girona play more like how Barca should be playing, would be an amazing story if they end up winning the league.

Did you watch the match?

Xavi is saying they controlled the match. Every pundit and fan (you can see in the comments) said Girona deserved to win and Xavi was talking rubbish

The match was quite open and Barca did have a couple of more shots. But they didn't have anything really clear-cut apart from Lewandowski to make it 3-3.

Girona were excellent, defended quite well, executed the counter-attack wonderfully while keeping some tiki-taka possession in the meantime. Just don't know how anyone could watch that and think Barca deserved to win, stats don't always tell the whole story.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Bilbao is having quite a good first half of the season, Valverde is a better coach than many gives him credit for.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Quite cool hearing "you're getting sacked in the morning" sung in Spanish.

Ramos currently reminds me of when Ferdinand had that awful spell at QPR before end of his career. His legs have well and truly gone.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The luck, it always turns :lol:

After the way they won last season, this was due

I'm bored and had a look and:
xG-G scored:
Lewandowski -2.8
Joao Paquetelix -1.9
Raphinha -1.6
Fermin -1.5
Yamal -1.2

The last two are kids, but the top 3 are their starting forwards :lol: :lol: :lol: their best finisher among forwards is notoriously shite finisher Ferran Torres :lol:

Lewandowski is particularly egregious here because no part of his game has deteriorated really. He's just going through a ridiculous stretch of apocalyptic finishing(on par with his 18/19 season IYKYK) :lol:

Last edited:

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid 1 - 0 Villarreal

A new guy scored, some Bellingham lad.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's been training with Kroos and Modric a minute and now he's making these 50 meters cross pitch passes to make Kroos proud

And of course he scores

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We could win everything if only WE STOPPED LOSING PLAYERS TO LONG TERM INJURIES FFS :mad::mad::mad::mad:

:(:(:(

So who are the good CBs we can sign in January anyways?

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I love how almost every player we have is able to give passes over 80m with pinpoint accuracy.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
If that wasn't given i would have been mad.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
We could win everything if only WE STOPPED LOSING PLAYERS TO LONG TERM INJURIES FFS :mad::mad::mad::mad:

:(:(:(

So who are the good CBs we can sign in January anyways?
Could play Nacho, Mendy or Tchou there. Doubt we’ll get someone.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Could play Nacho, Mendy or Tchou there. Doubt we’ll get someone.
Might as well be Mendy, solid defender, but he is kinda crap going forward lets be honest.
Don't we have someone who can play left back in the meantime?

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Might as well be Mendy, solid defender, but he is kinda crap going forward lets be honest.
Don't we have someone who can play left back in the meantime?
Nacho and Fran of course. And Cama when he gets back :lol: If the midfielders are fit, they give us quite a lot of flexibility.

Valverde, Tchou and Cama can all play in midfield and defense. Valverde played RB before, Cama LB and Tchou CB.

Now it’s not ideal of course, but we could make due. Militao is supposed to be back in February I think.

That being said: we cannot keep taking these injuries. Looks like that one season under Zidane. Million injuries and the players were gassed.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Nacho and Fran of course. And Cama when he gets back :lol: If the midfielders are fit, they give us quite a lot of flexibility.

Valverde, Tchou and Cama can all play in midfield and defense. Valverde played RB before, Cama LB and Tchou CB.

Now it’s not ideal of course, but we could make due. Militao is supposed to be back in February I think.

That being said: we cannot keep taking these injuries. Looks like that one season under Zidane. Million injuries and the players were gassed.
Carvajal is only out to a bit over new year, isn't he? Not that many matches, so he will be back at RB soon enough.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Carvajal is only out to a bit over new year, isn't he? Not that many matches, so he will be back at RB soon enough.
Just saying. With the injuries this season I’m not taking anything for granted :lol: Lost Vini twice, lost Tchou and Cama, Carvajal has been out and now Alaba. Not to mention Tibo and Militao. Think we’re gonna end up seeing players playing out of position a lot this season.