Lampard calling into LBC

Broo

Get a brew on
Agree with O'Briens point 100% even if it wasn't wholly applicable to Lampard.
I understand his main points to be:

1. A couple should be married if they have children
2. A couple with children should not split up regardless of whether they are unhappy or not.
3. If a couple do split up, it should be the father that leaves the house, not the mother and children.

Please correct me if I have misunderstood his points. I disagree with the first two points. The third point, in my opinion, is circumstantial.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
I'm sick of people who are eager to know what's going on be hind the lives of every footballer and their family. Why on earth I'd want to knowwhere's Alex Curran shopping at?

If you ever saw a celebrity punching a paparazzi, don't think they are rude. Most of those cnuts deserves it. Who would like it when some cnut comes in and taking photographs and asking questions while you're with your family?

But at the same time there are mistakes at the side of celebs as well. I recently read about Wayne Rooney's baby, worthy of 5 million, for his first photos. If I were a footballer, I'd celebrate my kid's birth with my wife and relatives, and may be some friends. Does any of you know what's Paul Scholes' wife's name? I don't know. even him being my favourite player ever. He stayed away from all the glory and limelight. You all know it's the same for Ryan Giggs.

It's sad for the press, trying to make most of the news of the personal life of footballers. Eventhough I didn't understand a lot of what Lampard said, I understand that he defended the it very well. Nice of him to do so. Bu he still should've compromised it with his girlfriend, without it reaching the media.

RedPhil1957

Fair play to him ? Good on him ?

He is just being a drama queen.

Why the feck is he calling in and defending himself against cheap allegations?Does anyone listen to that and think 'Lampard is fecking scum'...they might think that but it wouldnt be because of the radio show. After he defended himself, are these people thinking 'Lampard has character" ?

The only thing that is going to happen is that the show hosts will try even more of it again with him and other footballers hoping they would call in too.

Because he has a right of reply and he opted to use it ------- good for him!

RedPhil1957

I'm sick of people who are eager to know what's going on be hind the lives of every footballer and their family. Why on earth I'd want to knowwhere's Alex Curran shopping at?

If you ever saw a celebrity punching a paparazzi, don't think they are rude. Most of those cnuts deserves it. Who would like it when some cnut comes in and taking photographs and asking questions while you're with your family?

But at the same time there are mistakes at the side of celebs as well. I recently read about Wayne Rooney's baby, worthy of 5 million, for his first photos. If I were a footballer, I'd celebrate my kid's birth with my wife and relatives, and may be some friends. Does any of you know what's Paul Scholes' wife's name? I don't know. even him being my favourite player ever. He stayed away from all the glory and limelight. You all know it's the same for Ryan Giggs.

It's sad for the press, trying to make most of the news of the personal life of footballers. Eventhough I didn't understand a lot of what Lampard said, I understand that he defended the it very well. Nice of him to do so. Bu he still should've compromised it with his girlfriend, without it reaching the media.

to be fair to Rooney or any other celebrity when they do that the buying magazine keeps all the other bastards away so at least you have some control ------- I am not discounting the cash at all.

Skelter

Internet GYPO
I don't think he's grasped that Lampard's giving her a £3.5 million house and they're just living in a flat whilst it's not ready. Just won't admit he's wrong and keeps on digging.

I love that Kate by the way.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Haha, that was a good effort from Frank. He's gone up a notch in my estimation.

Estate Agents
Lawyers
Paedos
Tabloid Jouralists/Nomark media scum

Stick em on a bus and head it towards a cliff. I'd happily be the driver.

Ole_Gunnar

I understand his main points to be:

1. A couple should be married if they have children
2. A couple with children should not split up regardless of whether they are unhappy or not.
3. If a couple do split up, it should be the father that leaves the house, not the mother and children.

Please correct me if I have misunderstood his points. I disagree with the first two points. The third point, in my opinion, is circumstantial.
I think is overall point is that if a man all but kicks his children out when his relationship with the mother breaks down then he is scum. There's nothing circumstancial about that, we know that children will want to be with their mother in such a situation so it's the fathers' prerogative to move out...

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
I think is overall point is that if a man all but kicks his children out when his relationship with the mother breaks down then he is scum. There's nothing circumstancial about that, we know that children will want to be with their mother in such a situation so it's the fathers' prerogative to move out...
More assumptions! More more!

Count Duckula

1) He hardly "kicked them out". Lampard aside (as we know very few - if any - of the facts), in a situation where the parents break up it should be the partner who instigates the break-up that leaves. If that partner is the mother, then she is the one who leaves. She can't break-up with her partner and then tell him to get fecked.

2) I can't even begin to tell you how wrong you are. In my own experience of this the kids will want to stay in their home, not necessarily with their mother, and if it is the father who remains there then they'll stay with him. I have a friend whose mother walked out on them, they certainly didn't go running after her - they stayed with their father.

3) This links in to my second and first points. It's abhorrently sexist to suggest that in a situation where a family unit breaks down the father should be the person punted out onto the street. I suppose you're all in favour of sole custody going to the mother in every case, too?

Alex

:lol:

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Simpleton.

B Cantona

Desperate
I've never been that keen on Lampard, maybe it goes back to his video roasting days

That said, I have no idea what his personal situation is, and don't particularly have any great wish to learn. Far as I know he and his wife don't court this attention, so I don't think he's fair game for it if he doesn't want it discussed in public. Hopefully he's the best father he can be to his kids eh

If someone's being a prick about it on radio, fair play for going on and confronting him. Maybe it's not the 'done' thing to do, but who gives a feck? You stand up for yourself

Dominant

What the feck is this? you have a brain?

Bearded but no genius

FRANK - YOUR MUM IS DEAD.

BUT SO ARE THE MUMS OF MILLIONS AND MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF OTHER PEOPLE.

YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE EVER, YOU KNOW.

This "my mum is dead" business is beyond old.

First he was a "hero" and "brave" (as if he was a policeman or a firefighter or a soldier) because he took a penalty in a football match a week after his mum died.

Now he's whinging about it in an attempt to gain sympathy points a year later.

AVARiCE

First he was a "hero" and "brave" (as if he was a policeman or a firefighter or a soldier) because he took a penalty in a football match a week after his mum died.

Admin, mod or whatever you are to the Caf or not, you've either posted in here without reading or you're a cnut.

That's the first time I've used that word on here.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
feck me your are a right tit!
Why?

I do think Lamps has a problem. I don't think I've ever heard anyone randomly bring up his dead mother during an angry rant, it's just weird. The media attention he received after her death has obviously led him to believe her passing was unique in relation to everyone else who died that year, in my opinion.

B Cantona

Desperate
Is the first anniversary random?

I wasn't keen on how he dragged that dedicating everything business on for so long, it started to become a little tacky and uncomfortable... but that's just my personal view. He did it again against Liverpool recently if I remember rightly... but whatever. Think he has every right to raise the fact a discussion about him being a twat in the media probably isn't particularly nice for his sister to hear on this day particularly

That said the debate had absolutely nothing to do with his mum, the guy is in the public domain and will be talked about like it or not, and she always has the option of not listening to, what sounds to me at least, a particularly shite radio show. Although I say this having never ever listened to it. But if that lads the host, I'm pretty certain I'm not missing anything

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I thought Lampard came across quite well, helped that the other guy is a knob. Say what you will about how OTT the whole mother thing was he was right today.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep

Sometimes one post says more about the poster than years of rambling on various subjects.

What a despicable cnut you really are Jason.

GloryHunter07

James O brien is actually a good presenter, but fair play to Frank, lots of respect for him

GloryHunter07

Jason, your a twat.

Bread

but quite a lot of those millions and millions of other people get similar treatment off the people around them, it just isnt anywhere near as public as frank lampards was as they arent world famous footballers and he wasn't whinging he was just pointing out that on the anniversary of his mothers death it wasnt partiually nice to be villified and slagged off in the media, same as anyone would and i think he's completely within his rights to do so. He's not suggesting at all he is the only one or deserves any different treatment from anyone else, just because of the circumstances he is in he says it in a much more public manor

With all due respect, I dont think that was an appropriate post to make. I suppose you will have to infract yourself for that?

redevil2

Jason, your a twat.
Sometimes one post says more about the poster than years of rambling on various subjects.

What a despicable cnut you really are Jason.
Oh really? Why?

Jason is entitled to an opinion as good as you and other posters! Just that his opinion is different from you lot has nothing to do with being a twat or not.

Besides I really can't understand why Lampard all of a sudden becomes a hero or something as a result of arguing against some news report and show host's rant. There are always a 'he says she says' thing going on in a broken relationship. To say that someone came forth to defend his own position as being brave and a hero, is unbelievable. Why would he be any different from any other guy who is trying a rebuttal (when we as outsiders have no proof of who is in the right or in the wrong, cos there are obviously two sides of a story here!)

I am not going so far as to say the radio host was being righteous of something but at least he allowed Lampard his side of story to be aired and he is entitled to his opinion on which version he believed.

Bearded but no genius

So basically he can just bring up his mum in response to a story about him allegedly treating his kids like crap and he's a hero?

OK.

It isn't like there wouldn't be any other time to respond to the story.

But he decided to respond on the anniversary and then reference it twice to deflect from the content of the story.

Now he's a hero again because something happened to him which has happened to nearly everyone in the course of human history.

His children lost their grandmother.

Do they need to hear their dad slagging people off and talking about their private lives (adding fuel to the fire) on the anniversary, if the world is supposed to stop on that date?

redevil2

but quite a lot of those millions and millions of other people get similar treatment off the people around them, it just isnt anywhere near as public as frank lampards was as they arent world famous footballers and he wasn't whinging he was just pointing out that on the anniversary of his mothers death it wasnt partiually nice to be villified and slagged off in the media, same as anyone would and i think he's completely within his rights to do so. He's not suggesting at all he is the only one or deserves any different treatment from anyone else, just because of the circumstances he is in he says it in a much more public manor
But why bringing it up if he's not whinging? If the show host deliberately brings up the matter on a day knowing that it's his mum's anniversary, then yes, he should bring it up and feel aggrieved. But is there any evidence to show O'Brien did it deliberately and picked the day?