Lampard calling into LBC

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
:lol:

There are 2 sides to every story.

I think OBrien handled the Sky interview well. He is spot on about several things:

1. Its 'his opinion' that anyone who allows his young children to live in inferior circumstances than himself is scum. Why is that a 'disgraceful' view ?
2. He called out Frank Lampard based on a journalist report and the quotes from his fiancee weren't refuted by even Lampard as untrue. She did make those statements.
3. He apologized several times for bringing the issue up on that particular day. Does anyone expect every journalist to be aware of when Lampard's mum passed away ?
4. He mentioned that several times normal people have called in with even more poignant stories but Sky News was never interested in them.
5. He also gives credit to Lampard for being a better man than his fiancee's quotes portrayed him to be.
1. The view itself isn't disgraceful. The fact that he used Lampard to illustrate the point, and directly labelled him as scum, without making the slightest effort to verify the story, is what's disgraceful.
2. Should everyone in the public eye have to trawl through the gutter press every day to refute unsubstantiated accusations about themselves?
3. That was the definition of a grudging apology, and he made a point of apologising to Lampard's sister, not to Frank. He's perfectly happy to wade into Lampard's business on the basis of a tabloid newspaper story and to make a brutal and definitive judgment on his character as a result of it. If he's qualified to do that, is it to much to ask that he's aware that its the anniversary of his mother's death? Or is he just a lazy, unprofessional, talentless prick who has no business casting aspertions on anyone's character?
4. What the feck has that got to do with anything? He's the one who tried to capitalise on Lampard's fame for a cheap ratings boost in the first place, like the utter parasite that he is. Now he's condemning Sky for covering the story. Hypocrite.
5. So if Lampard hadn't happened to have been listening to his piece of shit show and been sufficiently motivated to phone in he'd still be defaming him on the basis of this newspaper story? Is Lampard supposed to be grateful that this guy has deigned to consider him something above scum?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
FRANK - YOUR MUM IS DEAD.

BUT SO ARE THE MUMS OF MILLIONS AND MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF OTHER PEOPLE.

YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE EVER, YOU KNOW.

This "my mum is dead" business is beyond old.

First he was a "hero" and "brave" (as if he was a policeman or a firefighter or a soldier) because he took a penalty in a football match a week after his mum died.

Now he's whinging about it in an attempt to gain sympathy points a year later.
Holy feck. Jason thats one of the most ignorant things ive read on here. Have you ever lost a parent?

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
What would it have taken for O'Brien or his producer to contact either Chelsea or one of Frank's "people" to seek a right of reply prior to the show?

Even the most raw news talk radio presenter would have known to do so, and O'Brien has been part of media circles in one form or another for years.

Unprofessional? A gutter dwelling journo? Or perhaps more likely both?

I can't believe some people are saying he handled the Sky interview well, by the end of it O'Brien was the constant carpet under Kay Burley's feet, she walked all over him once, and then did it again, and again, and again.

Instant Karma

Closet Gooner
1. The view itself isn't disgraceful. The fact that he used Lampard to illustrate the point, and directly labelled him as scum, without making the slightest effort to verify the story, is what's disgraceful.
2. Should everyone in the public eye have to trawl through the gutter press every day to refute unsubstantiated accusations about themselves?
3. That was the definition of a grudging apology, and he made a point of apologising to Lampard's sister, not to Frank. He's perfectly happy to wade into Lampard's business on the basis of a tabloid newspaper story and to make a brutal and definitive judgment on his character as a result of it. If he's qualified to do that, is it to much to ask that he's aware that its the anniversary of his mother's death? Or is he just a lazy, unprofessional, talentless prick who has no business casting aspertions on anyone's character?
4. What the feck has that got to do with anything? He's the one who tried to capitalise on Lampard's fame for a cheap ratings boost in the first place, like the utter parasite that he is. Now he's condemning Sky for covering the story. Hypocrite.
5. So if Lampard hadn't happened to have been listening to his piece of shit show and been sufficiently motivated to phone in he'd still be defaming him on the basis of this newspaper story? Is Lampard supposed to be grateful that this guy has deigned to consider him something above scum?
You are sensationalizing the incident even more than OBrien did the story.

It was quotes from Lampards fiancee and no one from Lampard's side claims that the quotes weren't made or were baseless. If all stories against the rich and famous need to be verified, several sordid tales would have never been revealed. Should journalists have also actually verified if Micheal was truly abusing kids by reaching out to his representatives before reporting the allegations ? Should journalists have proof that Clemens took steroids or check Bill's version of the story about his affair with Monica before they reported it ? This wasn't even an allegation from an unknown third person or some bimbo claiming she slept with Frank. They were actual quotes made by the fiancee and they were one side of the story. Her quotes may not have been entirely accurate or fair to Lampard but thats hardly OBrien's fault.

B Cantona

Desperate
It was quotes from Lampards fiancee and no one from Lampard's side claims that the quotes weren't made or were baseless. If all stories against the rich and famous need to be verified, several sordid tales would have never been revealed. Should journalists have also actually verified if Micheal was truly abusing kids by reaching out to his representatives before reporting the allegations ? Should journalists have proof that Clemens took steroids or check Bill's version of the story about his affair with Monica before they reported it ? This wasn't even an allegation from an unknown third person or some bimbo claiming she slept with Frank. They were actual quotes made by the fiancee and they were one side of the story. Her quotes may not have been entirely accurate or fair to Lampard but thats hardly OBrien's fault.
Not a bad post, if you'd stop being an arse and WUMing you'd be a good poster...

I've some time for this, I've not entirely followed this because I really just don't care that much, but why was his missus or former missus speaking out in the press anyway?

The press can't always have definitive proof for what they write, it's just not possible. Sometimes it's the article and subsequent fuss made over it that leads to the genuine truth coming it. But they should have strong foundations for what they write, and in this instance they have, they have one of the two main protagonists giving her side of the story. Frank went on to scold the guy for running the story and the comments made, and on the day he did, and that was fine. Everyone heard both sides right?

What a smarmy know all wanker that O'Brien appears to be though

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Credit to Lampard; the difference in class between him and Carragher in regards to the two radio incidents is fairly noticable.

Alex

I can't believe Jason in this thread. The host basically called him out as a father and man and he called in and told him to shove it politely and civily. Well done IMO

Instant Karma

Closet Gooner
I've some time for this, I've not entirely followed this because I really just don't care that much, but why was his missus or former missus speaking out in the press anyway?
In spite of being with a famous footballer for several years, according to Lampard she is naive and supposedly didn't know that if she is drunk and reveals something about her private life to a stranger in a club, it might get reported in the tabloids.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Not a bad post, if you'd stop being an arse and WUMing you'd be a good poster...

The press can't always have definitive proof for what they write, it's just not possible. Sometimes it's the article and subsequent fuss made over it that leads to the genuine truth coming it. But they should have strong foundations for what they write, and in this instance they have, they have one of the two main protagonists giving her side of the story. Frank went on to scold the guy for running the story and the comments made, and on the day he did, and that was fine. Everyone heard both sides right?

What a smarmy know all wanker that O'Brien appears to be though
Did not these quotes come by way of a Fleet Street journo walking up to Elen Rives in a nightclub, probably bought her a few more drinks to loosen her tongue too. Not exactly the News at 10.

And in any case, it is the least you would expect from someone trying to pass themselves off as a professional outti to seek a statement befroe you go out to debate.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
FRANK - YOUR MUM IS DEAD.

BUT SO ARE THE MUMS OF MILLIONS AND MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF OTHER PEOPLE.

YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE EVER, YOU KNOW.

This "my mum is dead" business is beyond old.

First he was a "hero" and "brave" (as if he was a policeman or a firefighter or a soldier) because he took a penalty in a football match a week after his mum died.

Now he's whinging about it in an attempt to gain sympathy points a year later.
He's a hero.

Even if he's a shit father and all of those stories are true, he's a national hero.

Apparently.

You do make some weird posts at times Jason. :wenger:

B Cantona

Desperate
In spite of being with a famous footballer for several years, according to Lampard she is naive and supposedly didn't know that if she is drunk and reveals something about her private life to a stranger in a club, it might get reported in the tabloids.
The naive and stupidness rests on her part though, not the press

They might be arseholes going with the story, and maybe the way they went about getting it, but they still have the woman involved giving her version of events

In all fairness, I wouldn't have known anything about this story had Lampard not rung up that station, and someone posted about it on here. I suspect that's the same for a lot of people. That's the downside to standing up for yourself against the press - they always get the final say, and you end up making the story bigger than it originally was

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Frank has every right to bring his mum into every aspect of his life.

To be honest, I'm not surprised with Jasons dispicable opinions in this thread.

redmania

Yea, frank got it spot on, any media that speculate and exaggerate about people families for profit sakes are pure scum to another low level.

I don't consider them journalist, cause journalist are the ones covering whats really important to society, social issues, wars, finance etc etc not the personal lives of celebrities, how the feck does that contribute to society well being really knowing the personal relationships of some famous people?

These sort of people who do this form of "journalism" are just leechers hiding behind this term and not respectable at all.

The host is so insincere , what a prick.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I think we all agree that we don't know the full details of the story. It's unfair on us to side with Frank Lampard's story is innocent about the entire break up, but what seems to be fair is that, O Brien shouldn't have slagged off Frank before knowing his side of the story.

I don't think people are defending Frank Lampard on the break up, rather applauding him rightly for showing the mettle to call up the radio show and tell him that he's wrong and he has done it in a diplomatic way as well.

Milking his mother's death is way off the mark, I'd believe. It's the newspaper hacks who billed him as a hero for taking the penalty after his mum's death and the break up seems to directly linked to his mother's death.

I'm not commenting on the break up, but good on you Frank.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Just seen this now, some very strange comments......

Jesus, some proper heartless bastards on here.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
You do make some weird posts at times Jason. :wenger:
He makes more stupid ones than sensible ones. Not quite sure who made him a mod here as he seems to spend most of his time either talking rubbish or trying to wind up non-Man utd fans.

Just seen this now, some very strange comments......

Jesus, some proper heartless bastards on here.
They can't see past their own bias, if this had been Giggs ringing up I bet every single man utd fan would be 100% behind him but when it is a player from a different club they will find any way they can to put them down. Also for some it just about being controversial.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Fair play to Frank. My opinion of him would have gone down if he hadn't responded to the journalist.

It must be enough having every part of your life examined by the media and public, but to have shit like this thrown at you, over national radio, on the day his mother passed away is simply disgusting.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
To be fair to the presenter I don't think he knew his mother died on that day.

As for the comments yes he does have a right to respond however if you live a high profile life, you can't just take all the positives like money and fame. There is a bad side to it as well and that is you privacy always being intruded and you will have to listen to people who are jealous or don't like you bad mouth you. This baggage comes with the life he has chosen to live.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Ah I didn't realize.

Still though, it's a lot of thoughtless statements to air out.

James O'Brien is a complete idiot.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Cos it's quite an important Moral Issue

To be fair to the presenter I don't think he knew his mother died on that day.

As for the comments yes he does have a right to respond however if you live a high profile life, you can't just take all the positives like money and fame. There is a bad side to it as well and that is you privacy always being intruded and you will have to listen to people who are jealous or don't like you bad mouth you. This baggage comes with the life he has chosen to live.
This isn't fair...If you choose the life of a footballer than your behaviour, attitude & skill on the pitch are all fair game for criticism, but not your personal life...

From my knowledge Frank Lampard has stayed a relativley private man...I wasn't even aware of his wife or childrens names unill this story broke. If you court publicity the way Coleen or The Beckhams do then it's fair game, but the Lampards never did in my Knowledge and therefor don't deserve their personal lives to be picked over.....Sometimes the generaly public are cruel in their expectations of what a celebrity should behave like, completely ignoring how they themselves would behave...

lynchie

Good on Frank for calling in and defending himself. Being called scum when you're fighting to get to see your kids, and buying them a multi-million pound house to live near you, on the first anniversary of your mothers death... well, if it were me, I'd have been far, far less restrained.

And yes, I do think he's allowed to mention that it's the first anniversary of her death. It's seemingly had a massive impact on his life, and it would hardly be too much of a stretch to think, when planning to do a story on Lampard "Er, wasn't around Champions League semifinal time last year his mum died?". Although it's clear research isn't bit on this cnut DJ's agenda.

Merman

Dad of Two, the Chelsea mid-fielder, Frank Lampard gifts his former fiance a three million pound home. When asked, he says, the gift is meant for his two children and his former girlfriend, Elen Rives.

Previously there has been allegation that the ace foot baller has been a bad parent. In fact, had a ferocious 10-minute row with LBC's James O' Brien for calling him scum over his break-up with Elen in February. Elen, 34, has been living in a flat with children Luna, two, and Isla, one, while Lampard remained in the 8.5 million pounds family home, the News of the World reported.

However, one of the close friends of the footballer contradicts: "Elen chose the new house herself, Frank paid for it. She is having it done in her taste from top to bottom, all paid for by Frank." "Elen has been staying in a beautiful flat in Chelsea since the split, again chosen by herself. Frank is paying the rent. The suggestion he has short-changed Elen or left his kids in the lurch is laughable."

Lampard, one of the best-paid Premier League stars on 140,000 pounds a week, told O' Brien: "Every penny I earn, every yard I run on the football pitch is for my kids. I'm buying them a house which is of equal living standard, if not more, to mine."