Lampard calling into LBC

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
While probably useless and counter productive you can't help liking the idea of someone giving a journo what for live. That said did FF really bring his dead Mum up again? That got really old really quickly and the scoring and looking up to heaven thing made me squirm.

I wonder if this dead Mum obsession (if that is what it is) was a part of the break up?

GloryHunter07

Oh really? Why?

Jason is entitled to an opinion as good as you and other posters! Just that his opinion is different from you lot has nothing to do with being a twat or not.

Besides I really can't understand why Lampard all of a sudden becomes a hero or something as a result of arguing against some news report and show host's rant. There are always a 'he says she says' thing going on in a broken relationship. To say that someone came forth to defend his own position is unbelievable. Why would he be any different from any other guy who is trying a rebuttal (when we as outsiders have no proof of who is in the right or in the wrong, cos there are obviously two sides of a story here!)

I am not going so far as to say the radio host was being rightous of something but at least he allowed Lampard his side of story to be aired and he is entitled to his opinion on which version he believed.
Of course he is entitled to his oppinion, and i dont think Lampard is some kind of Hero, in fact he really wasnt able to properly construct his argument.

But i find Jason twatish

GloryHunter07

While probably useless and counter productive you can't help liking the idea of someone giving a journo what for live. That said did FF really bring his dead Mum up again? That got really old really quickly and the scoring and looking up to heaven thing made me squirm.

I wonder if this dead Mum obsession (if that is what it is) was a part of the break up?
Yeah he did, its on the aniversary of her death, dont know if this is just bad timing by the papers.. He clearly sounded prety fecked off and wanted to stand up for himself and his family.

redevil2

Of course he is entitled to his oppinion, and i dont think Lampard is some kind of Hero, in fact he really wasnt able to properly construct his argument.

But i find Jason twatish
Maybe Jason has written his post in a too structural manner which makes it look cold about someone's loss of a loved one. I believe though he did want to get a message across, and did not mean to belittle FF's loss.

It's just that how FF is using the anniversary of his loss as some sort of ground for gaining sympathy towards his broken relationship and responsibility as a father, that is what is more objectionable.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Yeah he did, its on the aniversary of her death, dont know if this is just bad timing by the papers.. He clearly sounded prety fecked off and wanted to stand up for himself and his family.
Not so completely out of the blue I suppose then.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
FRANK - YOUR MUM IS DEAD.

BUT SO ARE THE MUMS OF MILLIONS AND MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF OTHER PEOPLE.

YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE EVER, YOU KNOW.

This "my mum is dead" business is beyond old.

First he was a "hero" and "brave" (as if he was a policeman or a firefighter or a soldier) because he took a penalty in a football match a week after his mum died.

Now he's whinging about it in an attempt to gain sympathy points a year later.
'Kinell. He's still milking that, I see. Anyone would think he's the first person to lose a parent.
Wow...On a day when I took the piss out of a couple of people on here for over-reacting and calling people twats & cnuts for daring to suggest Gary Neville was past it, I would feel totally vindicated to call you two similar or worse...but won't

Bu let me ask you this...Should we stop doing things on the anniversary of the Munich disaster then? Should we stop bringing it up when talking about the history of Man Utd? Should we just be pretty blase and get over it? cos really...they're not the only people to die in a plane crash and most others don't have yearly rememberances..so feck it!

I understand the feeling that he isn't the only person to loose their mother...But anyone that has lost their mother is perfectly entitled to bring it up when and where they please IMO.

Yes a lot of people loose their mothers, but not all of them are as famous as Frank, or have the platform to show their respect in the way that he did. Death is the worst thing to happen in this life and people cope with it differently. No one knows how it will effect them until it does and some people are better at coping than others. Some people keep it very low key and don't talk about it (My mother, for example went to work the day her father died and my father threw all his mothers clothes away the day she died) But even if you believe you would act with this kind of stoic decorum you have absolutely no right to judge others for the way they react. You have no idea how close he was to his mother. You have no idea what the situations of their relationship was. You know nothing about the way he feels or the way he should feel

By some unkind kwirk of fate I have 5 close close friends who lost a parent very young including my current flatmate who lost his Mother in much the same way as Frank Lampard in a short and unsuspected battle with pnemonia. He rarely talks about it but on the anniversary he spends each year with his father (a broken man I might add) and brothers and talks and remembers her. It is formost in their minds and so it should be..It shows what decent and loving people they are. He also has her pictures all over his room..What would you think of me if I told him he was being Mawkish and milking it for sympathy?.

There are so many other points I would bring up, like the fact you have to deal with a lot of criticism as a famous person, criticism that may be part and parcel of the job, but still more criticism than any of you could take without feeling the need to fight back

For criticising an emotional man for phoning in and eloquently challenging a man he's never met, who's just called him scum on national radio, on the anniversary of his mothers death is crass and should be bellow you....Shamefully its not.

Bread

Wow...On a day when I took the piss out of a couple of people on here for over-reacting and calling people twats & cnuts for daring to suggest Gary Neville was past it, I would feel totally vindicated to call you two similar or worse...but won't

Bu let me ask you this...Should we stop doing things on the anniversary of the Munich disaster then? Should we stop bringing it up when talking about the history of Man Utd? Should we just be pretty blase and get over it? cos really...they're not the only people to die in a plane crash and most others don't have yearly rememberances..so feck it!

I understand the feeling that he isn't the only person to loose their mother...But anyone that has lost their mother is perfectly entitled to bring it up when and where they please IMO.

Yes a lot of people loose their mothers, but not all of them are as famous as Frank, or have the platform to show their respect in the way that he did. Death is the worst thing to happen in this life and people cope with it differently. No one knows how it will effect them until it does and some people are better at coping than others. Some people keep it very low key and don't talk about it (My mother, for example went to work the day her father died and my father threw all his mothers clothes away the day she died) But even if you believe you would act with this kind of stoic decorum you have absolutely no right to judge others for the way they react. You have no idea how close he was to his mother. You have no idea what the situations of their relationship was. You know nothing about the way he feels or the way he should feel

By some unkind kwirk of fate I have 5 close close friends who lost a parent very young including my current flatmate who lost his Mother in much the same way as Frank Lampard in a short and unsuspected battle with pnemonia. He rarely talks about it but on the anniversary he spends each year with his father (a broken man I might add) and brothers and talks and remembers her. It is formost in their minds and so it should be..It shows what decent and loving people they are. He also has her pictures all over his room..What would you think of me if I told him he was being Mawkish and milking it for sympathy?.

There are so many other points I would bring up, like the fact you have to deal with a lot of criticism as a famous person, criticism that may be part and parcel of the job, but still more criticism than any of you could take without feeling the need to fight back

For criticising an emotional man for phoning in an eloquently challenging a man he's never met, who's just called him scum on national radio, on the anniversary of his mothers death is crass and should be bellow you....Shamefully its not.
quality post, exactly what i was trying to say but far better written!

the point about as well about his 'milking it' seeming public and looking for sympathy is very true as well. thousands of people who have lost thier mothers couild make the same point or complaint in similar cirumstances but it just wouldnt be on national radio. if on the anniversary of a sad day in your life your boss rang you up blaming you for something you hadnt done and calling you useless and you were feeling emotional you'd say something to him wouldnt you? no different to this just its within a more usual circle

Mockney

Completely Bread, couldn't agree more, and add to the fact that he'd also just gone through a long and protracted break up with his partner of 7 yeas. A lot of regular people expect Celebrities to act completely inhuman at times just because they're rich and famous. Yes he's famous and rich, but he's also a human who's gone through 2 of the worst things you can in life (the death of a loved one and the break up of a marriage) all within a year. Cut the guy some slack...

Mockney

...Well, that said... I do have one issue with Frank Lampard. He can't pronounce the word Footballer correctly. It's Foot-ball-er Frank, not Footbler...Other than that I thought he gave a very good account of himself..I doubt many footballers could be that eloquent on an emotional and personal subject.

Out of interest, can anyone tell me what his Mrs relationship with Guillem Balague is?...they keep showing clps of her an him on Sky News..

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.

For criticising an emotional man for phoning in and eloquently challenging a man he's never met, who's just called him scum on national radio, on the anniversary of his mothers death is crass and should be bellow you....Shamefully its not.
Great post.

Don16

Annoying cnut

Amen sir. Very well written, couldn't agree more.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God

I'm sorry, but you're talking absolute bollocks. When did I say Lampard should 'get over' his mother, or stop talking about her? He can do as he pleases. It's not going to stop me from commenting when I feel he's going over the top. If one of our supporters was bringing Munich into every single argument,discussion about United, I'd probably comment on that, too.

So if in a tricky sitution I was to bring up the death of a close relative to justify my point, would that be acceptable?

The way he feels is irrelevant. It's one thing to feel, it's another to use your mother's death as a platform to gain sympathy, which Lampard clearly is doing.

You're way off from what I was getting at. Infact, I haven't a clue why you posted this bit. Just a load of meaningless sentimental mumbo jumbo.

I'm not criticising him for defending himself, I thought he did very well there. I was criticising him for bringing his dead mother into it. As for your last sentence - get over yourself.

Mockney

... If one of our supporters was bringing Munich into every single argument,discussion about United, I'd probably comment on that, too.

The way he feels is irrelevant. It's one thing to feel, it's another to use your mother's death as a platform to gain sympathy, which Lampard clearly is doing.
In what way is Lampard bringing his mother into every discussion, or using her death at an irrelevant or innapropriate moment to gain sympathy?

It's the first anniversary of her death you pillock!...it's in the forefront of his mind...

..Which was precisely why the sentimental mumbo jumbo, as you so sensitively put it, was in there, to show how anniversary's can still be very poignant and painful to the people involved..

I'm begining to think you know your behaving like a prize plum but your getting some odd e-hard on from arguing an unpopular point...

RK

I'm sorry, but you're talking absolute bollocks. When did I say Lampard should 'get over' his mother, or stop talking about her? He can do as he pleases. It's not going to stop me from commenting when I feel he's going over the top. If one of our supporters was bringing Munich into every single argument,discussion about United, I'd probably comment on that, too.
So every single time you've spoken to Frank Lampard, he's brought up his mother? Fair enough. You see him every day then?

So if in a tricky sitution I was to bring up the death of a close relative to justify my point, would that be acceptable?
It's the anniversary of her death, and it he said the news was making it harder for his sister (not him), which it would be.

It doesn't even matter if he's in the wrong (which he isn't) at least understand that his emotions will be high and show some tolerance. What right do you have to judge him for the way he's chosen to grieve?

I'm not criticising him for defending himself, I thought he did very well there. I was criticising him for bringing his dead mother into it. As for your last sentence - get over yourself.
Get over yourself.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Look, first anniversary or not, I still believe he's been milking the death of his mother since she passed. I couldn't care less if he's emotional at this time, I'm sure he is. My original point was that he seems to have it in his mind that her passing was more significant than anyone elses (hense why he's the only player at Chelsea and the Premier League to come up with his cringeworthy celebration after every goal.) Who am I to judge him? Well I'm a human being, we spend out lives judging people and their actions, grievance or no grievance. If you think otherwise, you're deluded. I'm entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is that Lampard is a daft pillock who could do with a reality check on life.

Leethal

Fair play to Frank.

Seems like a top fella. Took a lot of balls to do what he did. Good on him.

Alex

Cant believe anyone is questioning this, he was called out, and fecking stood up and said feck off. Respeck is in order, Lampard is damn good player too, the funny thing is the mother of his children who is bitching about him not taking care of his children is off at a club shitfaced out of her mind. hmmmm sexism anyone

Danny Meehan

Cant believe anyone is questioning this, he was called out, and fecking stood up and said feck off. Respeck is in order, Lampard is damn good player too, the funny thing is the mother of his children who is bitching about him not taking care of his children is off at a club shitfaced out of her mind. hmmmm sexism anyone
Totally agree with this. That putz making judgments about him with out getting the facts. I hate that type of person. Whether or not you are a fan of Lampard's doesn't matter, the fact is, that crap is not right.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

First he was a "hero" and "brave" (as if he was a policeman or a firefighter or a soldier) because he took a penalty in a football match a week after his mum died.

You are a complete dickhead. Your posts are shite and I will never ever take your opinions seriously again.

Get over yourself. go see a shrink or whatever you Yanks do. But please never ever lower/debase the tone of this wonderful forum ever again with your bile.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Maybe Jason has written his post in a too structural manner which makes it look cold about someone's loss of a loved one. I believe though he did want to get a message across, and did not mean to belittle FF's loss.

It's just that how FF is using the anniversary of his loss as some sort of ground for gaining sympathy towards his broken relationship and responsibility as a father, that is what is more objectionable.
There is nothing 'objectionable' in the way Frank Lampard is behaving. What is completely 'objectionable' is the way sad small people like you, RedNev and Jasonr conjure up some despicable theories in your wicked minds.

Im so shocked that this thread has taken this twist. Is nothing short of outrageous.

GloryHunter07

Indeed

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
good on frank!
Hats off to Lampard on this occasion, fair play.

Who the feck does this presenter think he is?
Good on him.
Good on him, I'm glad to see so many people putting aside football rivalries to show some respect for him.
I have a respect for Lampard.

Seems like a decent bloke to.
I've stated before on here that I sheepishly respect Frank Lampard. I'm going on record right now to state that I like Frank Lampard the man and the footballer.

Care less who he plays for.

Just a small sample to prove to myself that most people on RedCafe are decent and have a heart.

Ive said it before on many threads, Frank Lampard is a perfect role model for people inside and outside of football. Its a real tragedy that his family life has broken down like this and I sincerly hope he and his partner can find some resolution.

Frank Lampard is a top professional and would have made a perfect replacement to Roy Keane had SAF signed him years ago. I certainly wish SAF had as he would have been adored by Old Trafford.

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ

Christ

That is contemptable

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ

Good post mate

AVARiCE

I'm sorry, but you're talking absolute bollocks.
To be honest, if you wanna flick through this thread using a standard definition of "talking bollocks", you'll find both yourself and Jason to be the accused. Mockney's completely outclassed you with a brilliant post. If I were you I'd admit I'm a twat and shut up before I dig myself an even deeper hole.

The clue, that I can't believe you're missing really, is in the opinions posted in the thread. Notice how everyone else is saying Lampard is correct here? No, it doesn't mean you should agree straight off the bat but some common sense would be welcome.

Mockney - Top post, as everyone else has said, I can't believe you have the patience to reply to these fools but I respect you for doing so. Good on you :)

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Sachin Tendulker still salutes the heavens after he scores a century. Am I to believe that he is also 'milking it'.

My parents are still thankfully alive and before I ever do something important when I need their strength, I do something similar. Just exactly what has someone done wrong to show respect to their parents?

Its a very sad indictment of British society that somebody is getting criticised for showing public recognition to the contribution his parents have made to his success. Incredible.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Christ

That is contemptible
Im furious about his post. absolutely livid. It hit a nerve. Prick.

I thought Frank held himself with alot of class in his interview. Fantastic.

The radio commentator is a complete cnut. I think we should all write in to LBC and complain about him.

His name is James O'Brien. write to LBC on following email: http://www.lbc.co.uk/on-air-complaints--feedback-3491

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

bravo

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
This cnut was on Sky News now, and even managed to allow Kay Burley to make a fool of him.

Thanks for posting this. Anybody interested in this thread should watch it so they can make there own considered opinion.

Mine is that OBrien is a disgrace to radio journalism. He is a nasty man intent on creating havoc and misery for others and fame for himself. Unfortunatley for him, its has rather backfired on him thius time around and he will now be villified everywhere he goes. Which is what he deserves.

A great example why journalists are not trusted by anyone.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Thanks for posting this. Anybody interested in this thread should watch it so they can make there own considered opinion.

Mine is that OBrien is a disgrace to radio journalism. He is a nasty man intent on creating havoc and misery for others and fame for himself. Unfortunatley for him, its has rather backfired on him thius time around and he will now be villified everywhere he goes. Which is what he deserves.

The sad thing is that he won't see this as having backfired on him at all. He'll love the publicity and, wanker that he is, he'll be narcissistic enough to convince himself that he was somehow serving the public interest.

Instant Karma

Closet Gooner

:lol:

There are 2 sides to every story.

I think OBrien handled the Sky interview well. He is spot on about several things:

1. Its 'his opinion' that anyone who allows his young children to live in inferior circumstances than himself is scum. Why is that a 'disgraceful' view ?
2. He called out Frank Lampard based on a journalist report and the quotes from his fiancee weren't refuted by even Lampard as untrue. She did make those statements.
3. He apologized several times for bringing the issue up on that particular day. Does anyone expect every journalist to be aware of when Lampard's mum passed away ?
4. He mentioned that several times normal people have called in with even more poignant stories but Sky News was never interested in them.
5. He also gives credit to Lampard for being a better man than his fiancee's quotes portrayed him to be.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

I think OBrien handled the Sky interview well. He is spot on about several things:

1. Its 'his opinion' that anyone who allows his young children to live in inferior circumstances than himself is scum. Why is that a 'disgraceful' view ?
2. He called out Frank Lampard based on a journalist report and the quotes from his fiancee weren't refuted by even Lampard as untrue. She did make those statements.
3. He apologized several times for bringing the issue up on that particular day. Does anyone expect every journalist to be aware of when Lampard's mum passed away ?
4. He mentioned that several times normal people have called in with even more poignant stories but Sky News was never interested in them.
5. He also gives credit to Lampard for being a better man than his fiancee's quotes portrayed him to be.

you can keep your opinions to yourself too. Not interested.

djemba's arse

Well done Lampard. Unfortunately, this will probably only make the media even worse when they realize slagging of players = free publicity.

The sensationalist media represents Englands unwillingness to get rid of public humiliation and witch hunts.

GloryHunter07

Fair points, but i just feel Obrien was wriggling out of the fact he believed what he read in the papers as gospel and implied Lampard was scum. A bit sensationalist, but thats his job i suppose.