Laurence Fox feat. Elvis

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
That is not a quote.
Africanspur has referenced the Sikh comment and I can see how that would be picked up; is all this vitriol based on this one comment and nothing else?
There's a video on page 1 of this thread which you should watch (re his appearance on QT).

Realist81

That is not a quote.
Africanspur has referenced the Sikh comment and I can see how that would be picked up; is all this vitriol based on this one comment and nothing else?
No it's not. A brief overview can be seen on wiki. To be honest mate these kinds of threads tend to attract people who come in and 'just ask questions' until they end up showing that they agree with the person, or ideology, the thread is about which is why people are being a bit hostile. Especially as you could have just googled him and read the first result.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
That is not a quote.
Hope thisbhelps. Here's a few examples of things that have kept the Fox hate train alive and kicking since his Question Time "playing the card card is getting boring" and "how dare you say I'm privileged" tirade that was followed by his monumentally fast progression into loudmouth campaigner who complains that nobody listens to him;

- he called on people to boycott Sainsbury's for supporting Black History Month.
- accused BLM of being racist
- he called a mental health campaigner a peadophile and then excused it by responding with "Free speech. You throw meaningless and baseless insults at someone you get a meaningless and baseless insult in return."
- basically plays Contrarian to every widely held belief to keep himself in the spotlight. And it works because we're still talking about him. Help us.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Hope thisbhelps. Here's a few examples of things that have kept the Fox hate train alive and kicking since his Question Time "playing the card card is getting boring" and "how dare you say I'm privileged" tirade that was followed by his monumentally fast progression into loudmouth campaigner who complains that nobody listens to him;

- he called on people to boycott Sainsbury's for supporting Black History Month.
- he called a mental health campaigner a peadophile and then excused it by responding with "Free speech. You throw meaningless and baseless insults at someone you get a meaningless and baseless insult in return."
- basically plays Contrarian to every widely held belief to keep himself in the spotlight. And it works because we're still talking about him. Help us.

Don't forget his shit singing.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
That is not a quote.
https://www.mylondon.news/news/news-opinion/laurence-fox-mayor-london-would-19989217

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...rce-question-time-meghan-markle-a9484361.html

https://www.indiependent.co.uk/laurence-fox-and-the-problem-with-celebrity-politics/

That's from one google search and randomly picking articles.

Reducation

I like Morgan Freeman's view on Black History Month.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
That Black History Month is ridiculous because it should just be American History? Absolutely, it's a great view.

Not sure how it applies to a British guy who said “Dear @sainsburys. I won’t be shopping in your supermarket ever again whilst you promote racial segregation and discrimination,” to a British company celebrating BHM (who tweeted “We proudly represent and serve our diverse society and anyone who does not want to shop with an inclusive retailer is welcome to shop elsewhere.”) and then later clarified his remarks with "go woke, go broke" and oh, wait, you were using whataboutism weren't you?

Frosty

That Black History Month is ridiculous because it should just be American History? Absolutely, it's a great view.

Not sure how it applies to a British guy who said “Dear @sainsburys. I won’t be shopping in your supermarket ever again whilst you promote racial segregation and discrimination,” to a British company celebrating BHM (who tweeted “We proudly represent and serve our diverse society and anyone who does not want to shop with an inclusive retailer is welcome to shop elsewhere.”) and then later clarified his remarks with "go woke, go broke" and oh, wait, you were using whataboutism weren't you?
We could go further here too.

There were Black Britons living on this island 500 years before the English arrived.

But I suppose old Foxy doesn't really understand history or nuance or the concept of accuracy.

Tarrou

That is not a quote.
just cut the crap and tell us why you think we're wrong

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Why are the idiots always the first to call things stupid*?

*Obviously it's because they're so fecking dense that they don't remotely understand what they're talking about, but I also think there are other possible factors such as a false sense of entitlement, generally being an arsehole etc.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
We could go further here too.

There were Black Britons living on this island 500 years before the English arrived.

But I suppose old Foxy doesn't really understand history or nuance or the concept of accuracy.
I had no idea that there were black britons before the english arrived. Was it through the roman empire?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
“There is no need to vaccinate the healthy”

Does he know what a vaccine is?

Frosty

I had no idea that there were black britons before the english arrived. Was it through the roman empire?
Basically yes.

I've copied and pasted the following, so excuse the lecturing tone:

The island of Britannia was conquered by the Romans in 43AD by the Emperor Claudius. African soldiers were in Britannia by 210AD and permanently stationed here by 253-258AD.

The Anglo-Saxons, who established the Kingdom of England, only arrived here in the middle of the 5th century.

There were also Roman citizens, everyday people, who moved and settled in the Roman province.

It has been estimated that 10% of the population of Roman York – Eboracum – was Afro-Roman.

The Beachy Head Lady, who was discovered in the 1950s. An Afro-Roman who lived during the 2nd century, with sub-Saharan African ancestry, showing her family came from beyond the Roman Empire to the South (https://museumcrush.org/the-mystery-of-beachy-head-lady-a-roman-african-from-eastbourne/)

And this is the “Ivory Bangle Lady”, discovered in York. She lived in the 4th century, and was buried with ivory, pendants, beads, earrings, and a blue glass jug, indicating that she was well-off. She was also buried with a rectangular mount of bone, which reads “Hail, sister, may you live in God”, indicating that she was likely Christian (https://www.yorkshiremuseum.org.uk/collections/collections-highlights/ivory-bangle-lady/).

Classical Mechanic

The English are genetically generally a mix of Celtic, German, French and Nordic heritage. It was thought for a long time that the Germanic Anglo Saxons didn’t intermarry with existing communities so the English had a largely Germanic genetic heritage. A recent study into the genetic history of Britain found that there was only one area in England where the people were majority Germanic genetically and in most areas of England the genetic heritage was very mixed.

Last edited:

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Arcades became shite after the Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat games started appearing. I'm old school when it comes to coin-ops.
That's about when the Genesis and SNES came out too, finally giving arcade graphics to the home consumer.

MoskvaRed

Basically yes.

I've copied and pasted the following, so excuse the lecturing tone:

The island of Britannia was conquered by the Romans in 43AD by the Emperor Claudius. African soldiers were in Britannia by 210AD and permanently stationed here by 253-258AD.

The Anglo-Saxons, who established the Kingdom of England, only arrived here in the middle of the 5th century.

There were also Roman citizens, everyday people, who moved and settled in the Roman province.

It has been estimated that 10% of the population of Roman York – Eboracum – was Afro-Roman.

The Beachy Head Lady, who was discovered in the 1950s. An Afro-Roman who lived during the 2nd century, with sub-Saharan African ancestry, showing her family came from beyond the Roman Empire to the South (https://museumcrush.org/the-mystery-of-beachy-head-lady-a-roman-african-from-eastbourne/)

And this is the “Ivory Bangle Lady”, discovered in York. She lived in the 4th century, and was buried with ivory, pendants, beads, earrings, and a blue glass jug, indicating that she was well-off. She was also buried with a rectangular mount of bone, which reads “Hail, sister, may you live in God”, indicating that she was likely Christian (https://www.yorkshiremuseum.org.uk/collections/collections-highlights/ivory-bangle-lady/).
Interesting although I imagine that “Aftican” mainly refers to the coastal regions of North Africa and Egypt given the provinces of that region were important and wealthy parts of the Roman Empire.

Frosty

Interesting although I imagine that “Aftican” mainly refers to the coastal regions of North Africa and Egypt given the provinces of that region were important and wealthy parts of the Roman Empire.
Also sub Saharan Africa too from the genetic tests on some skeletons, interestingly.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
That's about when the Genesis and SNES came out too, finally giving arcade graphics to the home consumer.

Yeah but it couldn't replicate standing in a dimly-lit arcade with pumping music, your mates watching your exploits while your fag burns the glass and a load of 10ps jangling in your pocketses.