League Cup 2019/20 | Semi finals: Man Utd v Man City, Leicester City v Aston Villa

stu_1992

Missed the game tonight but caught the goals. Glad to see us through. And City in the next round! Big game! I'm not sure if I should be happy with that draw or not. Hardest team on paper but knowing us we'd play better against them than any of the others.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
More incentive to hit those January sales. Hopefully Pogba will be back and firing.

nycender

Certainly drew the short straw there. A one off game v City is more winnable than two legs.

January turning out to be a very difficult month for a threadbare United panel.

Arsenal (A) Premier league
Wolves (A) FA Cup
Man City (H) league Cup
Norwich (H) Premier league
Liverpool (A) Premier league
Burnley (H) Premier league
Man City (A) league Cup
Possible FA Cup 4th round.
:drool:

Fluctuation0161

Took my mates 8 year old to his first game at Old Trafford tonight. He loved it. Glad we won and it'll Keep him away from the dark side (City). He's calling United "we" now.

Mission accomplished. Poor sod. Haha!

Raw

Certainly drew the short straw there. A one off game v City is more winnable than two legs.

Wolves (A) FA Cup
Man City (H) league Cup
Man City (A) league Cup
Jesus

VJ1762

Took my mates 8 year old to his first game at Old Trafford tonight. He loved it. Glad we won and it'll Keep him away from the dark side (City). He's calling United "we" now.

You are doing god's work.

VJ1762

Wolves (A) FA Cup
Man City (H) league Cup
Man City (A) league Cup
Make or break for us this month. Hope we are in decent form going into these fixtures and hope Ed can do something in the transfer window.

AFC NimbleThumb

I’ve given the NSPCC your username, expect to be contacted shortly.

You’ve groomed the poor lad into thinking we’ll be winning 3-0 every week; that’s unbelievable abuse under this management structure.

Member 119614

Why the doom and gloom we comfortable beat them recently. Glory glory Man Utd and stuff!

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Bet United are buzzing the first leg is at home. Can't wait for £38 to go out the account in the morning :lol: Merry Christmas

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Throwback to the semi finals 10 years ago though. Was a great season of United vs City games, 3 90th minute winners over the season.

always_hoping

Make or break for us this month. Hope we are in decent form going into these fixtures and hope Ed can do something in the transfer window.
Look like a striker will be signed anyway. A creative midfield is a must buy in January but I don't trust Ed Woodward to deliver that transfer.

VJ1762

Look like a striker will be signed anyway. A creative midfield is a must buy in January but I don't trust Ed Woodward to deliver that transfer.
Ole just going to chuck the kitchen sink from the get go. Who needs a midfield?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
My last trip to OT was for the second leg semifinal v. Citeh in 2010 when Giggsy found Rooney on a cross in extra time. Hope for much of the same.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Is that the same year that Owen bagged the winner in that 4-3?
Yep! Owen winner in the 4-3, then after losing at the Etihad in the first leg we won 3-1 with a Rooney last minute winner at Old Trafford, then at the Etihad in the league Scholes scored in the last minute.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Was hoping for Villa and then for Leicester to knock City out. Don't think we'll manage to get through City over 2 legs. Though at the same time, much more important for us than for them, so who knows. Not very optimistic though, no matter how good we've been in big games.
Why is League Cup important for us?

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I’ve given the NSPCC your username, expect to be contacted shortly.

You’ve groomed the poor lad into thinking we’ll be winning 3-0 every week; that’s unbelievable abuse under this management structure.
:lol::houllier:

Wolves (A) FA Cup
Man City (H) league Cup
Man City (A) league Cup
Meh. Arsenal are being trash. League Cup games are meaningless - play reserves/youth and don't sweat it. FA Cup more important, but still not a big deal.

Liverpool (A) is gonna be a no-expectations, fun game for us to hopefully pull a nice surprise over them.

Better win the fecking Norwich game. Ugh

Last edited:

Havak

Pokemon master
Was always going to be City, genuinely think it was fixed. Tens of thousands of fans potentially travelling down from one city is a bit of an ask of we both made it to the final. They'll also get more of that sweet TV money if they can show United vs. City twice.

Looking forward to it though :) our record is quite good at the Etihad as well recently.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Was always going to be City, genuinely think it was fixed. Tens of thousands of fans potentially travelling down from one city is a bit of an ask of we both made it to the final. They'll also get more of that sweet TV money if they can show United vs. City twice.

Looking forward to it though :) our record is quite good at the Etihad as well recently.
We will need something from the game at home though

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Vaguely optimistic on winning this. WInning some silverware would be a real boost to the team too, especially the young players.

Havak

Pokemon master
We will need something from the game at home though
Aye. I do expect us to lose as City could be looking much stronger by that point (we could too, mind, but realistically they should be beating us over two legs). If we lose the home game then I'd say our chances our slim, but avoid defeat or win and I'd maybe even edge toward us being very slight favourites. Ole at least has a good record against the better sides from what I can remember.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
It's probably way better to lose against United in the semis than at Wembley in the final, so that's the best draw possible really.

Alabaster Codify7

Never for a second did I expect anyone but City.

Hmm. Two legs. I think it'll be close to be honest, I can see both teams winning one leg so it'll come down to goals. Gun to head, I think we win at OT 2-1 and they win at their place, 3-2.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
My last trip to OT was for the second leg semifinal v. Citeh in 2010 when Giggsy found Rooney on a cross in extra time. Hope for much of the same.
I bet you're still on a high from being at that. Quality game.

OldPop

What a lucky thing we got City, I was terrified that we would get another team with eleven defenders. The only thing that worries me is what Ole said at the press conference, that he has to come up with a new tactic.