Leicester City 2020-21

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Got these next up in the league, like us they've been awful at home but good away

With Ndidi and Maddison back they'll be a far stiffer challenge than they were in the shoot out for UCL football on the last day of last season

Win though and we go ahead of them in the league with still a game in hand (and will be 2nd in the table)
starting to get out injured players back, Ndidi as you mentioned, Castagne came back today, Ricardo and Soyuncu aren't far away either
Whatever happened to all the Leicester fans that flooded the forum not so long ago? One minute they were threatening to break the forum with their relentless posting, then they just sort of vanished all at the same time.

A conspiracy you say? Hmm, possibly.
I still read threads that interest me but don't feel the need to post for the sake of it

starting to get out injured players back, Ndidi as you mentioned, Castagne came back today, Ricardo and Soyuncu aren't far away either

I still read threads that interest me but don't feel the need to post for the sake of it
I fecking hope so. Drafted him in my FPL league and I'm hoping waiting for him to get fit pays off in the end. Do you think there's any chance he ends up playing a more attacking position when he comes back and Castagne and Justin both keep their place?

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I fecking hope so. Drafted him in my FPL league and I'm hoping waiting for him to get fit pays off in the end. Do you think there's any chance he ends up playing a more attacking position when he comes back and Castagne and Justin both keep their place?
in todays team for example there is every chance he could have played the Albrighton role, in fact I'd say its likely he would have given the form Justin has shown this season

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Got these next up in the league, like us they've been awful at home but good away

With Ndidi and Maddison back they'll be a far stiffer challenge than they were in the shoot out for UCL football on the last day of last season

Win though and we go ahead of them in the league with still a game in hand (and will be 2nd in the table)
There was a lot less to gloat about after their performance in the second half of the season. I've got a really nasty feeling about our game against them, they're a good side, no doubt and with how clinical Vardy is we need to be careful about gifting them chances like we've been doing to everyone lately.

el3mel

They're a very good team on their day. Their problem is they're ridiculously inconsistent, can defeat a big team like City 5-2 then lose to WHU 3-0 the next game.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
may as well use this to post about this, with the first team and academy moving into the Seagrave training ground on Christmas Eve our old training ground is being handed over to LCFC Women to run their first team and academy from, a huge sign of intent for both teams from the owners

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Ricardo will be in the team the second he's fit, he's verging world class.
Yes you are right. Prior to his injury most of felt he would leave this Summer for a big club but wether he can reclaim that kind of form after a prolonged layoff is debatable. He will need Champions League to stay very long at Leicester though.

Needham

Yes you are right. Prior to his injury most of felt he would leave this Summer for a big club but wether he can reclaim that kind of form after a prolonged layoff is debatable. He will need Champions League to stay very long at Leicester though.
What would you define as failure from Rodgers this season?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Thoughts on James Justin?
Might appear as a knee-jerk because of his goal, but I've been a fan of him since the initial stages of the season.

What's his ceiling? Just seems like the type of player that will eventually get snapped up by the likes of the big guns if Leicester don't progress beyond what they are trying to achieve at present.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
he's really kicked on this season, last season, after Ricardo's injury he looked out of his depth

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
Think JJ has improved as the season has gone on.

Last season I didn't think he was PL ready, but he's gone on to be on of our better players so far this season.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
James Justin (JJ) can play both left and right, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him drafted into the England squad soon.

Which will most likely mean he’ll be leaving us within 12 months.

I don’t think think we’ll defy anyone else into the squad in January. If anything, we might shed Slimani, Gray and Choudhury.

We still lack a forward.
I’d be really happy with top 4 in all honesty.

Reactions: Cheimoon

SAFMUTD

Hats off to them, they have the best recruiting staff in the country and possibly one of the best in the world. Its impressive how they manage to keep selling their best players and keep finding gems time and time again.

They lost Kante and replaced him with Ndidi, lost Mahrez and replaced him with Maddison, lost Drinkwater and replaced him with Tielemans, lost Maguire and replaced him with Fofana and Soyuncu,, now the lost Chilwell and James Justin is looking like a true gem.

Really we should be stealing their scouting network and recruitment team.

SeanyC

Anyone else think that when Ole does leave United, Rodgers is the man to get? Getting the best out of let’s be honest an average team, really decent manager

eire-red

Leicester's biggest challenge in the coming year or two is going to be replacing Vardy. Finding a quality striker is so hard these days, and not replacing those goals can be the difference between cementing that Top 6 status, or falling into the chasing pack - Just look at Wolves and the loss of Jiminez and Jota.

Hats off to Leicester though. A brilliantly run club with a manager who seems a perfect fit to both the club and players at his disposal. Everton, West Ham, Southampton etc. should all be taking notes.

Ekeke

They have depth they didnt have last season. I think they're much better equipped to stay the course this time without falling apart with tired and injured players near the end

Also a core of players that if Leicester can keep them and stop other clubs signing them, they're going to be extremely good in another season or two. Of course it'll be very difficult to replace Vardy, but in every other position they will be better than now.

Habs

Seem to have a real good spirit about them don’t they? Quality group of players and they’ve got a top manager in Rodgers. Can’t see how they won’t get atleast top 4 this season based on how they’ve performed so far

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
As a team & chemistry, their XI is just miles better than Chelsea. If their XI can stay fit, I actually fancy them getting 4th place or 5th place this season.

I always rate Rodgers, especially what he did with Liverpool in 13/14. It wasn't fluke, just bad luck to him that he lost Suarez and Sturridge turned back into injury prone and Gerrard was ageing. He was left with average players in 14/15.

Last edited:

Andersonson

Leicester have 4 or 5 players that could go into every top team in the league.

And they have a good manager. Im unsure on how they could replace Vardy though

city-puma

Rodgers has already become a really good manager able to build a team with long term vision and create an aggressive, progressive playing style, and get the results as well.
Leicester is a well-run club really.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
They have loaned Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall to Luton. Such a good player. Makes all the difference in those tight games.

We're gonna struggle when they inevitably take him back next season.

Top player he is. Has a bright future ahead of him.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
Vardy has scored what, 5 goals from open play this season. He’s also been a bit off form the last few games and we’ve still done Saints and Chelsea.

I think we’ll go for Ings in the summer. Perfect replacement.

foxedup

Supports
Leicester
Hats off to them, they have the best recruiting staff in the country and possibly one of the best in the world. Its impressive how they manage to keep selling their best players and keep finding gems time and time again.

They lost Kante and replaced him with Ndidi, lost Mahrez and replaced him with Maddison, lost Drinkwater and replaced him with Tielemans, lost Maguire and replaced him with Fofana and Soyuncu,, now the lost Chilwell and James Justin is looking like a true gem.

Really we should be stealing their scouting network and recruitment team.
It’s been tried, Walsh went to Everton. McKenzie Spurs, Wrigglesworth to Arsenal. It’s not about individuals, it’s a philosophy.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Paul Merson tells Sky Sports News:

“I don’t see Pep Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp being able to do what Brendan Rodgers has done with Leicester.”

I think Klopp would give it a good go.

Kaos

“I don’t see Pep Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp being able to do what Brendan Rodgers has done with Leicester.”

Merson's an idiot but its not the most outrageous point. There's no guaranteeing those two managers would have Leicester where they are now with their (lack of) resources and financial prowess. Certainly not Guardiola who relies on spending heavy and being surrounded by an enviable ensemble of world class players.

If Leicester stay in the race for most of the remainder of the reason then he's certainly in contention for manager of the year.

city-puma

Vardy has scored what, 5 goals from open play this season. He’s also been a bit off form the last few games and we’ve still done Saints and Chelsea.

I think we’ll go for Ings in the summer. Perfect replacement.
What happened to Iheanacho? He was such a young prospect in man city. His trajectory until now looks like Bojan mark II.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
What happened to Iheanacho? He was such a young prospect in man city. His trajectory until now looks like Bojan mark II.
He’s just not kicked on, he needs a fresh start elsewhere

As for Vardy, you don’t replace him you can’t! You don’t go for a like for like you go for more of a Giroud type

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

It's a stupid train of thought. What is Rodgers doing that is beyond the grasp of the two best managers in the league? Is it man management? Is it tactics? Coaching? Media relations?

I'm sure if Pep or Klopp were available and Rodgers left Leicester would be happy to bring either coach aboard. It's only on the internet that stupid debates like these exist.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's a stupid train of thought. What is Rodgers doing that is beyond the grasp of the two best managers in the league? Is it man management? Is it tactics? Coaching? Media relations?

I'm sure if Pep or Klopp were available and Rodgers left Leicester would be happy to bring either coach aboard. It's only on the internet that stupid debates like these exist.
Paul Merson is not on internet, he said it on Sky sports.

Agree with your point, Klopp will for sure achieve as much if not more with that squad.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
We won’t replace Vardy unfortunately. He’s irreplaceable. Luckily now, we have goals elsewhere within the team.

What we’ll end up doing I’d imagine, is look to bring in a player like Firminho, who adds more assists to the wider players, like Barnes or AN other right wider player.

We’ve got to consider Mark Albrighton is getting on as well and will eventually need replacing.

Johnny Evans has maybe a year or two left, however long term Insee the defence as Soyunco and Forfana, should either of those pair not be snapped up to go elsewhere. Evans has been great for us. However he can be rash and does have a mistake in him.

Our squad is better than last season, so we shouldn’t drop away. We’ve already seen in this crazy season though, that teams are capable of beating anyone and mad results happen. We’ve looked truly poor against West Ham and Fulham and deservedly lost. That’s the type of league it is.

Iheanacho just hasn’t clicked. He misses chances and like someone said above, looks like Bojan Mk II. He’s clearly got the ability, however similar to Demari Gray (who will leave us in the summer), lacks the football IQ in terms of clicking with the rest of the team.

Reactions: Cheimoon

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Paul Merson is not on internet, he said it on Sky sports.

Agree with your point, Klopp will for sure achieve as much if not more with that squad.
Whether it's on the internet or on Sky, it's stupid.

"Pep/Klopp struggles to teach Leicester squad how to attack and score goals". Yeah, ok

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
Whether it's on the internet or on Sky, it's stupid.

"Pep/Klopp struggles to teach Leicester squad how to attack and score goals". Yeah, ok
Do people still listen to what the likes of Merson say?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Regarding replacing Vardy, I think Adam Armstrong could be a potential option. He shares some stylistic similarities with Vardy and has been superb this season. Young and English so I could see Blackburn holding out for decent money, but there's a lot of positives about him and I think he would suit Rodgers tactically as well.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Rodgers is probably the best manager in the league right now after Guardiola and Klopp. And whoever does their transfers is brilliant

foxedup

Supports
Leicester

Stuff like this drives me mad. A bit like when we won the league and many made out it was solely down to Ranieri.

Rodgers is a cog in a well run machine, the seeds of this were set before he arrived when the club sat down and decided on the direction they wanted to go when replacing the title winning squad and the recruitment and building that started then.

Of course he’s a very good manager and a very important cog. But the team was put together mostly before he arrived and had huge potential, plus Puel started the transition to being more comfortable he ball than the title winning team.

This isn’t a rag tag bunch of players over performing because of a manager. They are quality players and the recruitment team have moulded a brilliantly balanced squad.

He is doing a great job, but another great manager should be able to do the same with these players, presuming their style fits with what the club have been building towards.

Reactions: Invictus

Sylar

People have their opinions on Rodgers, but he's a hell of a coach.
He got a lot of shit thrown at him for Leicester collapse out of top4 last season but they were missing a lot of first team players for a while

For United, city, Liverpool that's manageable
For Leicester that put the breaks on them around Christmas period

To bounce back from that is a sign they believe in him

Plus Celtic have looked trash since he left