King Power Stadium

Kick-off
Sun, 3 February 2019 @ 2:05pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 63 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Need to do much better in the second half, especially defending the corners. I just can't believe I had an argument a few days ago about Young, some people tried to convince me he is good enough for us. He is having yet another shocking game today, absolutely all over the place.
    I get that you don’t like him, but was the whole ‘defacating in his mouth thing’ necessary?

Half time. Good result but we stopped playing anything after the goal. Defence is too shaky, i can't see how we will end this game without conceding a goal. Young having a really bad game in attack and defence. Mistake after mistake.

Lingard and Rashford clearly don't have( or don't want to have) understanding with Alexis. And that is a problem for future. When local guys don't love you, you are fecked in that club.

Townsend was claiming that Mendy was unlucky with his yellow, but NBC pundits rightly claiming that he’s fortunate to avoid a red for a knee high challenge.

We are starting to see how the fatigue is punishing us, we don’t have the same intensity as in other games.

You should aim to get longer posesions otherwise we will be dropped way down, since the defencd are who are recovering the ball instead of the midfield

Sanchez should be that one guy who runs at defender near the box, He always look for a pass when Leicester are defending very tightly.

When a game gets scrappy, we start making aimless passes. We have to improve our focus if we want to pull games back in our favor during games.

Souness :lol: just had to get a dig in. Pogbas first touch was awful. It wasn't great but I'm sure anyone else wouldn't even mention it given the second touch.

Honestly, I love Ole, but if I hadn’t seen him on the bench today I would have thought that the Grumpy one is still in charge.

Weird game - their crowd is very quiet and there were spells of some really panicky football. Lack of quality up top on a too regular basis means they are still in touch.

Vardy to get sent off next half

Sanchez has worked hard. But there's just something missing.

Give him a chance. Just coming back from injury, and he isn't even playing much different from anyone else in a red shirt. We have been very sloppy after a very enterprising first 15 minutes. This is something that has afflicted United for a while, and there must be a reason for this.

I keep saying it.. everything goes through Pogs.. if he plays with intensity, everyone else does.. if he slows the game, everyone else does. Too many simply work to his tempo...all the time. We need more characters that are leading and setting the tempo of the team themselves.

Our performances are so up and down sometimes, one minute we're combining well and picking smart passes then the next we're giving away easy passes and look a bit clueless. I have no idea how we're going to perform in the second half so wouldn't be surprised with pretty much any result at the moment, we need to sort out our consistency over 90 mins.

this is the game we need mctominay on the pitch to keep things simple and to basics

Townsend was claiming that Mendy was unlucky with his yellow, but NBC pundits rightly claiming that he’s fortunate to avoid a red for a knee high challenge.
    That is the problem when you have pundits who played in a time when it was OK to cut somebody off at the knees.

I’d love to have heard Souness’s reaction when he was told they were bringing on a black woman onto the sky sports punditry panel :lol:

We're too narrow. Desperately need some width on either side of the pitch. Players have stopped making runs later in the first half and its worrying.

Young had been horrendous. The fact that he does that stupid turn around to blame someone every time he fecks up, just pisses me off. Also, bring Martial maybe for Lingard as he is on a yellow. We need someone to keep width on one side at least.

I think Dalot might get exposed here i don't think it's the game for him even if Young has been poor offensively

Agree, Young is all over the place, but his experience shows even when he's having a bad game. He's poor, but it's like there's a limit too how poor he can be, which strangely enough makes him kind of reliable.

Not sure what Young did near the end, picture is a bit blurry but it looked for all the world like he could simply control the ball while facing it but decided to do weird spin motion and give the ball away?
    He is just on stupid mode the whole game.

We are too wasteful, fear we will be punished for it. Hopefully Martial will be on soon.

Sanchez has been playing well. He looks a lot sharper. But everyone keeps ignoring him in the final third. Would be nice if Lingard & Rashford stopped being selfish and passed the ball once in a while... :rolleyes:

We need to play like we started the game. We can't just keep giving the ball away too easy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 470 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw