Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Buster15

Go on Didier
    Supports
    Bristol Rovers
    We have Martinez and Malacia still bedding in, I think it’s to ease him in. McT can be subbed off if it’s not going Well; rather that then subbing off Cas it it’s gonna pear shaped.

It’s all about building momentum and The starting team getting used to playing with each other. I’d expect Cas to only start against arsenal if he gets off bench tonight and plays well.

Depending on how game is going I wouldn’t be surprised to see Cas on at HT or by minute 60. Let’s see how it goes…
    That is a very fair point.

Dominos

The performance was so bad vs Southampton I can't understand why it warranted keeping the same 11.

Mctominay can't believe his luck we spunked 70 million on a world class player and he still gets to start.

We've forced Ronaldo to stay and he's not even going to get in the team when Martial and Anthony aren't in the squad. Why did the club think it was a good idea to keep a player who can't even start ahead of Elanga?

You are supposed to concede fouls. Hopefully not clumsy ones as a result of an ill-timed tackle, but ones that disrupt the opposition for sure. If you play where McT does and you don’t give away fouls and get yellow cards, then you are leaving half your tools in the van.
    He's had 3 yellow cards in the last 3 games. My point is he is only making clumsy ones and if he does that in the box we'll concede a penalty. He will probably get himself banned soon if he keeps making fouls instead of clean tackles.

Walters_19_MuFc

He was crap in 1st half Vs Southampton. Decent second half by his standards. Other than that he's not been great at all. Definitely not the best player Vs Liverpool.
    That's your opinion. Clearly ten Hag thinks different which I guess is the main thing.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    ETH is creating a system based on Merit, Casemiro and any other player would need to earn his spot. I can respect that!
    We’ve tried that before and it never works. It’s one of the reasons new signings have struggled for us in the past - they can’t get in the team and when they do (because whoever is starting is stinking it up) their confidence is shot.

sparx99

I do not like this idea of sticking with the winning team until is loses. Some of these players have long shown a history of performing well in a few matches only to cause the teams downfall in the next games. There's a boring draw/loss waiting for us just around the corner even if we win this one. We are not going to build any real momentum performance wise.
    It can go both ways. On the other side of the coin if you are constantly rotating players know they’ve always got another chance coming.

By keeping the same team it should fire up the subs to make an impact or when they do get a chance in the league cup or Europa league they should try their socks off.

ThinkTank@Cafe

I have a theory.

McTominay is the Glazers old man’s grandson. Every United manager had a minimum apps clause for our Scotty.

Marwood

I understand the frustration with no Casemiro. But I don't understand the anger at McTominay starting.

The latter isn't necessarily keeping the former out.

If you want proper balance in the midfield its one of Bruno and Eriksen that should dtop out.

yamo123x

If we win tonight then expect more of the Same vs arsenal.

2 gk's on the bench again..

Herman Toothrot

Steven Howson on TV representing United fans. Another shocking error in judgement from Rio Ferdinand.

Pscholes18

I don't even see Casemiro on the bench

Edit...

Ah Peacock wasn't showing the whole bench.

Last edited:

Cpt Negative

The performance was so bad vs Southampton I can't understand why it warranted keeping the same 11.

Mctominay can't believe his luck we spunked 70 million on a world class player and he still gets to start.

We've forced Ronaldo to stay and he's not even going to get in the team when Martial and Anthony aren't in the squad. Why did the club think it was a good idea to keep a player who can't even start ahead of Elanga?
    I think a lot of people are over dramatising the performance against Southampton. We looked as solid defensively (away) in nearly a year. Last year we drew 1-1 with them and they battered us for 90 minutes. First away league clean sheet since Norwich in December. I can think of a lot worse we’ve played in the last 12 months than Southampton away

Adamsk7

I don’t get why everyone is pissed off? I was expecting this team. Casemiro may not be match fit and ETH is also the kind of manager that seems to believe in integration to the style, the culture and the dynamics of the team ahead of rushing players in. This is a winning team and he will integrate Case and Antony in gradually for what he thinks is best, not based on us wanting to see our shiny new toys. Personally I respect that.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
    We are benching Casemiro for McTominay. My fecking god.

Stadjer

Your point?

I'd rather him commit fouls then to be soft as shit in the middle like we were against Brentford.
    Players who keep making fouls usually make those fouls because they arent good enough to play without making fouls. Im sure there are exceptions but the fouls and all the yellow cards he picks up are another sign he isnt at the required level. Its a miracle he doesnt get red cards…

arnoldS

Casemiro will come on for 30 minutes i guess which is fair as he will start against arsenal and needs a few minutes.

032Devil

Bruno, Eriksen, and McTominay is a shambles of a midfield. No control over that area at all. And if the ball does eventually get through to the final third you've got Elanga and Rashford there, both famous for their exceptional skill with it. :houllier: This could be a long evening.
    Is there any United player you do like?

wangyu

Never change a winning team, good selection. Admittedly I wanted and expected Casemiro but that is all.

SAFMUTD

I understand the whole "if its working dont change it" approach, but Ten Hag is really fecking me over the Line Up predictions. How on earth is McTominay starting over Casemiro?

Stadjer

He's had 3 yellow cards in the last 3 games. My point is he is only making clumsy ones and if he does that in the box we'll concede a penalty. He will probably get himself banned soon if he keeps making fouls instead of clean tackles.
    Arent 2 out of those 3 yellow cards because his second touch was a legbreaker tackle?:lol:

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
    There’s zero reason Casemiro should be benched for this.

I feel ETH is underestimating Leicester here.

evil_geko

I don’t get why everyone is pissed off? I was expecting this team. Casemiro may not be match fit and ETH is also the kind of manager that seems to believe in integration to the style, the culture and the dynamics of the team ahead of rushing players in. This is a winning team and he will integrate Case and Antony in gradually for what he thinks is best, not based on us wanting to see our shiny new toys. Personally I respect that.
    Because this is Caf, tons of reactionary drama queen moaners, every matchday thread is a cesspool these days.

Werewolf

I wish people complaining about Casemiro being benched would take the time to evaluate whether they are not missing any info (readiness, game on Sunday, etc.) before jumping to conclusions

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 378 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw