Leon Goretzka | Bayern player in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Love

We would do the same in England, but there aren't enough young/strong English players and we don't have the same "charisma" (because there are so many other choices). I wouldn't be surprised if Werner joins them for free in 2020 (Leipzig doesn't need the money).

Is Goretzka afraid of a challenge? Well, he has to fight against Vidal, Rodriguez, Thiago, Martinez, Tolisso and the German national player "Rudy".
It's a way easier to get into Liverpool's first eleven. They thought Götze would survive in Munich but he failed badly. Bayern wants to win everything, every year and I hope he is prepared for that.
This made me chuckle more than it should’ve. :lol:

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Just like it was a cnutish move by Heidel to announce Goretzka's decision during a press conference without telling him, or the team, beforehand. "I tried to call him but didn't reach him.." :houllier:
Haha, that's nothing in comparison how Goretzka treated him (Heidel) and Schalke.
They were in agreement with him and his agent in summer to extend his contract and then he suddenly changes his mind. Fair enough, that can happen but at least be honest about your intentions. Instead he spouts some bullshit about "Sportliche Entwicklung abwarten", gambling that Schalke wouldn't be good this season anyway so that he has a "reason" to justify his already made decision.
Instead things go great at Schalke with them sitting in 3rd and they even agree to match his increased salary demands - yet he still leaves them for free. So much for "Sportliche Entwicklung abwarten" - pathetic. I hope he has much luck as Götze at Bayern (from a sportive perspective, obviously not injury wise).

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Haha, that's nothing in comparison how Goretzka treated him (Heidel) and Schalke.
They were in agreement with him and his agent in summer to extend his contract and then he suddenly changes his mind. Fair enough, that can happen but at least be honest about your intentions. Instead he spouts some bullshit about "Sportliche Entwicklung abwarten", gambling that Schalke wouldn't be good this season anyway so that he has a "reason" to justify his already made decision.
Instead things go great at Schalke with them sitting in 3rd and they even agree to match his increased salary demands - yet he still leaves them for free. So much for "Sportliche Entwicklung abwarten" - pathetic. I hope he has much luck as Götze at Bayern (from a sportive perspective, obviously not injury wise).
Don't be ridiculous.
As if anyone would have seriously expected Goretzka to stay at Schalke when he can pretty much choose between any top club in Europe.
Unless Heidel doesn't read newspapers and doesn't follow football, his public defiant stance has been hugely disingenuous. He's been lying to Schalke fans and now is leaking stuff to discredit Goretzka and make himself look good.

Meyer's next, Kehrer next summer. Can't wait.

Kasper

Supports
Don't be ridiculous.
As if anyone would have seriously expected Goretzka to stay at Schalke when he can pretty much choose between any top club in Europe.
Unless Heidel doesn't read newspapers and doesn't follow football, his public defiant stance has been hugely disingenuous. He's been lying to Schalke fans and now is leaking stuff to discredit Goretzka and make himself look good.
This isn't about expectations this is about hypocritical behaviour. Like I said, if he would've been open about it - fair enough, plenty of reasons to move from Schalke to Bayern. Trying to sell his decision by claiming that he wants to watch how things develop at Schalke is the pathetic part.
Heidel isn't 'leaking' anything now, the "Sportliche Entwicklung abwarten" argument has been out there since the summer. Here an article from September: link
So why should Heidel be blamed for taking the player by his word and actually continuously trying to have him extend his contract?

Suedesi

What about Lewandowski? Was it incompetence on Dortmund's part too? He wasn't some potential star plying his trade in a mid-table side, he was playing for your direct rival and was an established top level goalscorer. You don't believe Bayern told him not to renew with Dortmund? Just imagine his potential cost if he had 3-4 years left on his contract, he'd been your record signing and Dortmund would've got a hefty chunk to rebuild. But as it turned out, not only you got a world class striker for a free, Dortmund received zilch to replace him.

As I said it is not so much with stockpiling all the top talent as much as it with them moving on a free.
As far as I recall BVB refused to sell Lewandowski to Bayern, so he went on a free.

rotherham_red

I think more than mis-management, Bayern Munich has a long history of winning titles and being successful throughout Bundesliga history. Yes, you may get the one of when Dortmund or Bayer Leverkussen wins the league and so on but in the grand scheme of things Bayern will always rule the Bundesliga unless a rich Russian or Arab billionaire decides to buy Dortmund or Hoffenheim or any other club and invest millions of dollars to make it the best club in Germany which happened in the PL. Man Utd were dominating the league like none other. Arsenal and Liverpool would pose challenges but it had become rather easy to win titles with United and therefore, players were attracted to join United and not mainly because of the money and wages involved. Then came along Abramovic with Chelsea and Arab billionaires who bought City and basically bankrolled to buy the best players. United were bought by a billionaire as well but they came along with a lot of debt which has not really helped our cause. So now the best players in the world weren't restricted to join United since they could get better salaries at Chelsea or City and also compete to win the title. The best players in the Bundesliga are bound to go to Bayern since it guarantees silverware and it also helps your raise your game playing with better players. If Dortmund was bought by a billionaire, I'm pretty sure, they would give Bayern a run for their money every season. The other thing is if you play for Bayern and you're German, you've got a really good chance of representing Germany which is every footballer's dream.
That's bull. I'm a little too young to remember 95/96 coherently, but Arsenal were properly challenging Utd pretty much every season from 1998. It wasn't a nominal challenge like you see in Der Buli, but seasons which went right down to the wire. The only season which you can say was a procession was 2000/2001, which we won by 10 points.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That's bull. I'm a little too young to remember 95/96 coherently, but Arsenal were properly challenging Utd pretty much every season from 1998. It wasn't a nominal challenge like you see in Der Buli, but seasons which went right down to the wire. The only season which you can say was a procession was 2000/2001, which we won by 10 points.

Excluding City and Chelsea:

05/06: 1 point lead for United
06/07: 21 points lead for United
07/08: 4 points lead for United
08/09: 4 points lead for United
09/10: 10 points lead for United
10/11: 12 points lead for United
11/12: 11 points lead for United
12/13: 26 points lead for United

8 titles in a row with 11 points gap on average.

rotherham_red

Excluding City and Chelsea:

05/06: 1 point lead for United
06/07: 21 points lead for United
07/08: 4 points lead for United
08/09: 4 points lead for United
09/10: 10 points lead for United
10/11: 12 points lead for United
11/12: 11 points lead for United
12/13: 26 points lead for United

8 titles in a row with 11 points gap on average.
The poster was talking about Utd pre-Chelsea and City...

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
This isn't about expectations this is about hypocritical behaviour. Like I said, if he would've been open about it - fair enough, plenty of reasons to move from Schalke to Bayern. Trying to sell his decision by claiming that he wants to watch how things develop at Schalke is the pathetic part.
Heidel isn't 'leaking' anything now, the "Sportliche Entwicklung abwarten" argument has been out there since the summer. Here an article from September: link
So why should Heidel be blamed for taking the player by his word and actually continuously trying to have him extend his contract?
How much more open can a player communicate his reluctance to remain at a club, his willingness to play the field, and his being open to sign for a different club, than by not signing a new contract?
As he is entitled to, after all.
Why would he need to tell Schalke all about his feelings? And why would he need to tell a year in advance that he's planning to leave, publicly, on top of not signing a contract?

Dr. StrangeHate

Have to admire Bayern. They are a well run club that doesnt need to spend a $$$ to be successful. They always manager to keep a good core of home grown players as well. Good player
This would have been us if Russian and Arab money hadn't poured in. They aren't well run more than any other club, just fortunate enough to be the only top club in their league. I can go and run Bayern and buy the exact same players on a free by tapping them up.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
This would have been us if Russian and Arab money hadn't poured in. They aren't well run more than any other club, just fortunate enough to be the only top club in their league. I can go and run Bayern and buy the exact same players on a free by tapping them up.
Are you saying the fact that we're the 'only top club' in our league is completely unconnected to how we are, and have been, run as compared to the others? :houllier::houllier::houllier::houllier:

Kasper

Supports
How much more open can a player communicate his reluctance to remain at a club, his willingness to play the field, and his being open to sign for a different club, than by not signing a new contract?
As he is entitled to, after all.
Why would he need to tell Schalke all about his feelings? And why would he need to tell a year in advance that he's planning to leave, publicly, on top of not signing a contract?
Yes I agree, he's entitled to do all that. Which I never questioned anyway. All I say is that he shouldn't spout hypocritical bullshit if he's made up his mind anyway, something you seem to have repeatedly missed now.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Or they might not be interested in buying Dortmund at all.
You cannot buy a club in Germany. That is the 50+1 rule and the point he‘s making.

Btw, shouldn’t this thread be looked by now?

Status
Not open for further replies.